Donaire Stoppage 4 7.55%
Donaire Decision 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

vCash: 163
Default Erik Morales ( Super Bantumweight ) vs Nonito Donaire ( Current )

Who wins?????
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Erik Morales ( Super Bantumweight ) vs Nonito Donaire ( Current )

Based on what we know, I'd have to favour Morales, but it would be an interesting matchup. I just figure Erik's more consistent offensive out-put and rock solid chin would prevail in the end, although he'd be getting countered with big shots throughout the fight. Decision win for Morales.

This should be an interesting thread to read the responses, though, given how much the General Forum seems to be in love with both men. You'd probably have people favouring either over Wilfredo Gomez.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think Morales breaks him down, people would be stupid to discount Donaire though. I prefered a Featherweight Morales, but at SBW he was still great to watch, I think he goes downstairs, with that right hand to the body, and chops down Donaire in eleven.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Based on what we know, I'd have to favour Morales, but it would be an interesting matchup. I just figure Erik's more consistent offensive out-put and rock solid chin would prevail in the end, although he'd be getting countered with big shots throughout the fight. Decision win for Morales.

This should be an interesting thread to read the responses, though, given how much the General Forum seems to be in love with both men. You'd probably have people favouring either over Wilfredo Gomez.
I don't think Nonito could get one of those bombs on Morales, I think in the end Morales just outclasses him to a UD. But this is what we know, Donaire has much more to show, He might prove in the future that he would, but for now I agree with you Morales UD
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
nastynas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Morales is God.

side note- Donaire is so good and he's getting up there in age, he needs to fight a lot more to secure his legacy before he fades.
nastynas is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynas View Post
Morales is God.

side note- Donaire is so good and he's getting up there in age, he needs to fight a lot more to secure his legacy before he fades.
One of the worst handlings of a top fighter. This guy has literally dozens of fighters he could be facing to make his name big. The weight class he is in is surrounded with exciting fighters with very decent followings.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
I don't think Nonito could get one of those bombs on Morales
I think Donaire would land plenty of big counter shots on Morales (who was never good defensively, and at this weight was downright poor defensively for a world class fighter), but Morales had the chin to take them, and his overall offensive efficiency out-weighs Donaire's. That's why I'd take him to win this fight. Close but clear UD, although a stoppage is of course possible until Donaire's durability is proven comprehensively.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
BoxFan53
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

At this stage of Donito's carreer I would have to go with Morales. Donaire has had a couple of very impressive wins against Vic D. and Montiel. Morales has a slew of them. Morales has not been difficult to hit, but his is tough as nails and takes a great shot with an awesome attitude. I place Donaire and Sergio Martinez in the same spot, a couple of striking impressive wins, which gives the impression of tremendous potential and a great future, and also a bandwagon. We've seen it many times before Germain Taylor, Pavlic, Donald Curry, and many more. With Donaire power and Morales love for being punched in the face, a victory is definitely posible, but he needs a few more big victories before I can confidently state that I believe he would be the victor in a fight between the two.
BoxFan53 is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
AbbasKhan6428
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=631520130&ref=profile

Dawson TKO 2
AbbasKhan6428 is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #10
big_AL
P4P #1
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 825

Quote:
I think Donaire would land plenty of big counter shots on Morales (who was never good defensively, and at this weight was downright poor defensively for a world class fighter), but Morales had the chin to take them, and his overall offensive efficiency out-weighs Donaire's. That's why I'd take him to win this fight. Close but clear UD, although a stoppage is of course possible until Donaire's durability is proven comprehensively.
Morales actually had excellent head movement and could block and parry very well when he wanted to.the ability was there but i agree,he just never used it (or at least not as much) like he does now at jww
big_AL is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Zahir Raheem - He beat Erik, but i have no idea about him. Does he share any qualities that Donaire has that would benefit Donaire against Erik ?

I know it was at different weights and all. Just something i wondered ?
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
JM22
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I don't think Nonito could get one of those bombs on Morales, I think in the end Morales just outclasses him to a UD. But this is what we know, Donaire has much more to show, He might prove in the future that he would, but for now I agree with you Morales UD
Even if he did nothing would had happen.
JM22 is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Donaire has too much speed, too much skill, too much power. People are a bit too in love with Morales to put him in his proper perspective, he went to war with pretty much everyone and wasn't too hard to hit, that doesn't bode well here
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Who wins?????
Morales was one of the top 2 or 3 fighters ever at 122, he never lost at the weight, Donaire is a good fighter but he wont be able to outbox Morales for a whole 12 rds, Erik would win more rds IMO & given how good Morales chin was/is the punchers chance is very low too.

Only McCullough & Barrera lasted the distance vs Morales at 122 lbs, in Erik`s last 2 fights at the weight before moving up to 126 & of the 2 only MAB looked to be on the same level... either Morales stops Donaire late on or takes a unanimous decision.

Fair play if people want to vote for Donaire but the smart money says Morales wins this fight, he would be favourite.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #15
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

I would give it to Morales, he is a tough guy big wins include Pacquiao, Barrera compared to Donaire's big wins over Montiel, and Darchinyan. I think Donaire is a great boxer with awesome technique, and power just don't think he can beat a prime morales. Morales TKO 10
CHAL_DIESEL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum