Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Hatton v Mayweather Rematch?

According to Sky Sports website Ricky Hatton is considering a potential rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Hatton is said to be keen and is quoted as saying "a rematch could be in the offing!".
elle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
steelem
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Hatton v Mayweather Rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
According to Sky Sports website Ricky Hatton is considering a potential rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Hatton is said to be keen and is quoted as saying "a rematch could be in the offing!".
Money Money Money - he ll get his assed kicked again & i will not be subscribing ppv if this does happen - ill get it next day for free
steelem is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

HHmmm could this be Ricky lining up ,one more and out ?
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who the fck wants to see a rematch ?

PBF dominated Hatton, what is the point in a rematch. People who have given PBF a good fight have not got rematches and those who made Hatton look ordinary also did not get rematches. So why does Hatton think he deserves a rematch ? He did nothing at the weekend to even suggest he could run close to PBF.

What about all the b/s at the weekend that Hatton could not fight at welterweight and was more natural at light welterweight.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
Who the fck wants to see a rematch ?

PBF dominated Hatton, what is the point in a rematch. People who have given PBF a good fight have not got rematches and those who made Hatton look ordinary also did not get rematches. So why does Hatton think he deserves a rematch ? He did nothing at the weekend to even suggest he could run close to PBF.

What about all the b/s at the weekend that Hatton could not fight at welterweight and was more natural at light welterweight.

I'd like to see a rematch, Castillo got one. The fight would be competitive that's for sure. Might not be a different outcome but at least this time he would know how good Mayweather actually is.

The build up and the media exposure boxing got from this was amazing, the event itself was promoted perfectly.

So why not have a rematch?
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
I'd like to see a rematch, Castillo got one. The fight would be competitive that's for sure. Might not be a different outcome but at least this time he would know how good Mayweather actually is.

The build up and the media exposure boxing got from this was amazing, the event itself was promoted perfectly.

So why not have a rematch?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

dont need to see a rematch, it was a decisive win for PBF and it wasnt that great of a fight, hardly a thriller...

both should go their separate ways.
jc is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal

What's so funny? why wouldn't you want to see a rematch? you telling me you wouldn't watch it?
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
What's so funny? why wouldn't you want to see a rematch? you telling me you wouldn't watch it?
Better fights to be made.
jc is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #10
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
dont need to see a rematch, it was a decisive win for PBF and it wasnt that great of a fight, hardly a thriller...

both should go their separate ways.
It wasn't the best fight ever. But the whole thing was amazing, the build up to it was brilliant and the atmosphere on the night was unbelievable.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
It wasn't the best fight ever. But the whole thing was amazing, the build up to it was brilliant and the atmosphere on the night was unbelievable.
The hype to mayweather - Cotto would be amazing too...as would Hatton - Witter...
jc is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #12
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't stay up for it but would probably watch the 7 rounds on a website, just to see how the ref deals with the dirtiness from both fighters and to see how Mayweathr takes Hatton out this time. But I would not be interested really...It will be a repeat of the first fight, but Mayweather would have an easier time this time, even if Hatton uses his left jab more. I would be much more interested in seeing Hatton against Witter or even Rees or, ideally, that Italian bloke from New York, Malignagi. And so should you.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #13
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc
Better fights to be made.

For Mayweather there is, but for Hatton there isn't I don't think. 140 hasn't much left for him and 147 is probably too big for him. If I was Hatton I'd fight Mayweather once more for the money then Malignaggi and Witter to finish up his career.

Las Vegas would've made an absolute mint from that fight, if they want the rematch they'll get it.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #14
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
Well, I wouldn't stay up for it but would probably watch the 7 rounds on a website, just to see how the ref deals with the dirtiness from both fighters and to see how Mayweathr takes Hatton out this time. But I would not be interested really...It will be a repeat of the first fight, but Mayweather would have an easier time this time, even if Hatton uses his left jab more. I would be much more interested in seeing Hatton against Witter or even Rees or, ideally, that Italian bloke from New York, Malignagi. And so should you.
So your telling me I should be much more interested in seeing Hatton vs Rees than a Hatton vs PBF rematch?

Right then
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #15
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
For Mayweather there is, but for Hatton there isn't I don't think. 140 hasn't much left for him and 147 is probably too big for him. If I was Hatton I'd fight Mayweather once more for the money then Malignaggi and Witter to finish up his career.

Las Vegas would've made an absolute mint from that fight, if they want the rematch they'll get it.
It would be a disgrace if Mayweather fought Hatton again, even for a lot of money; anyway, it wouldn't even make 40% of what the first one made. There are big fights out there for Mayweather, much bigger than Hatton ever was, and they would just about make more money than Hatton II.
Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum