Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #16
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001
Default Re: Thompson VS Chambers is ...............OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz215 View Post
I personally know eddie and theres no way he could fight he had back problems and right shoulder issues during sparring he looked fine until onr session last week.he litterally stood in front of his partner for a minute not throwing any punches or neither moving much. His trainrr james basheer let eddie continue twice but didnt like what he was seeing so since then eddie has taken off.days from camp and has gotten massage treatments with no real relief. Hes recently taken x.rays n an mri so he will be contacted soon about his.back n shoulder issue
Thanks for the heads up...

Damn bad news... was actually looking forward to this fight, was hoping Chambers was gonna come back strong.
kirk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
Baldwin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 390

Think about how maybe football and soccer player play with sore backs and worst things

Chambers = glass back
Baldwin is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #18
Baldwin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 390

Go sit in a hot tub and take some alieves. True story man. Massages dont help swollen muscule. I have done all the treatments over the years.

Alieve is a god like drug and hot tub is amazing

I play 70plus rounds of golf. Work like a beast.

Biggest ***** storie i have heard in a while
Baldwin is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

If it wasn't for Wladimir and Vitali there wouldn't be any Heavyweight Fights.

This is just pathetic. How the hell do these guys making a living fighting once a year or less?
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Nice fight too bad its off. I guess there are a few options here, I think rescheduling it would be best. Thompson could also go straight to Wlad and that would probably be his choice since he can get the payday without the risk of going through Chambers to do so but Chambers probably fights that idea pretty hard.

The IBF could also have Thompson fight the next highest rated guy but that gets a bit tricky.
Chambers-out
Arreola-won't take it since he gets Wlad anyways
Haye-retired and I doubt he'd fight Thompson anyways
Helenius-could fight Thompson in Dec. and that would be a nice fight and acceptable resolution but I'm skeptical it happens. Thompson would fight the idea and Helenius seems to have his sights on Dimitrenko.

That would then leave Maurice Harris as the next available guy and he'd probably accept. That means Thompson would have to win a 2-fight tournament and Harris would be both his fights. Not a very attractive situation for the fans and an ugly/embarassing one for the IBF.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #21
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This totally blows. And yes I think they ought to make Thompson mandatory now. They can't ask this guy to wait another 6 months, then fight some eliminator. It's not like Wlad has tons of options anyways.

Let Thompson get his mandatory shot in early 2012, just just 2c.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #22
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by redz215 View Post
I personally know eddie and theres no way he could fight he had back problems and right shoulder issues during sparring he looked fine until onr session last week.he litterally stood in front of his partner for a minute not throwing any punches or neither moving much. His trainrr james basheer let eddie continue twice but didnt like what he was seeing so since then eddie has taken off.days from camp and has gotten massage treatments with no real relief. Hes recently taken x.rays n an mri so he will be contacted soon about his.back n shoulder issue
Sorry bro but that excuse don't cut it. I would have liked to seen Eddie come back with a big win over Thompson myself(although I have liked Thomspson since like 99). I think Eddie has more tools, and had he increased his offense a bit, mighta trouble Wlad moreso than the rest of the contenders.

But fact is that being in this game, you know doing certain excercises since youre a kid leads to back pains, specifically L5/S1 protrusions. A chiropractor should be employed by his camp, or he shoulda been seeing on since his first backache back when he was 25. Inexpensive and HIGHLY effective.

He'll be back, that's for sure, but IMO Thomspson should get his shot, unless another decent HW can step in, be sanctioned for this fight, and fight the eliminator in Eddies place.

Thomspon paid his dues over and over again, and yeah, he got a shot, but he's back and deserves another.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
Nice fight too bad its off. I guess there are a few options here, I think rescheduling it would be best. Thompson could also go straight to Wlad and that would probably be his choice since he can get the payday without the risk of going through Chambers to do so but Chambers probably fights that idea pretty hard.

The IBF could also have Thompson fight the next highest rated guy but that gets a bit tricky.
Chambers-out
Arreola-won't take it since he gets Wlad anyways
Haye-retired and I doubt he'd fight Thompson anyways
Helenius-could fight Thompson in Dec. and that would be a nice fight and acceptable resolution but I'm skeptical it happens. Thompson would fight the idea and Helenius seems to have his sights on Dimitrenko.

That would then leave Maurice Harris as the next available guy and he'd probably accept. That means Thompson would have to win a 2-fight tournament and Harris would be both his fights. Not a very attractive situation for the fans and an ugly/embarassing one for the IBF.
Or Thompson could fight a relatively unknown quality opponent such as Boystov as KL brought up, or a David Rodriguez, Seth Mitchell, or Chauncey Welliver.

Either would be an excellent replacement, and all would be considered legitimate contenders if they beat Thompson.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #24
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Bute has no substance behind his Boxing skills imo, and I think that will get exposed eventually.

Bute is a Boxer, NOT a fighter, and as I said, I think that will be ruthlessly exposed down the line.
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #25
gooners!!
Champion
East Side Guru

Oops, wrong thread
gooners!! is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooners!! View Post
Oops, wrong thread
Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #27
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Or Thompson could fight a relatively unknown quality opponent such as Boystov as KL brought up, or a David Rodriguez, Seth Mitchell, or Chauncey Welliver.

Either would be an excellent replacement, and all would be considered legitimate contenders if they beat Thompson.

That would be fine if Thompson fought someone like Boystov as the final eliminator. But, Harris is #6 on the list and the IBF would have to skip over him to get to someone like Boystov. Does the IBF do that and if so does Harris fight it? It could get a bit sticky there thats why I think Chambers-Thompson gets rescheduled or possibly Thompson goes straight to a Wlad rematch.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #28
rapidfire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
Go sit in a hot tub and take some alieves. True story man. Massages dont help swollen muscule. I have done all the treatments over the years.

Alieve is a god like drug and hot tub is amazing

I play 70plus rounds of golf. Work like a beast.

Biggest ***** storie i have heard in a while
I think you stood too long next to a golf hole and took them balls to your head. Don´t know what´s helping here though, maybe it´s too late.
rapidfire is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #29
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
That would be fine if Thompson fought someone like Boystov as the final eliminator. But, Harris is #6 on the list and the IBF would have to skip over him to get to someone like Boystov. Does the IBF do that and if so does Harris fight it? It could get a bit sticky there thats why I think Chambers-Thompson gets rescheduled or possibly Thompson goes straight to a Wlad rematch.
I don't think Harris would take this fight personally, and the IBF could easily pull a WBA and adjust it's ranking due to activity making Mitchell, Rodriguez, and Welliver within acceptable ranges for this eliminator.

Boystov is the least likely to take this fight. He's the smallest of the "ready to step up crowd" and has trouble with his hands which would fare well for him vs an iron chinned BIG man like Thompson. He's also in no hurry to test those hands either. Watch the Greer fight.

I think Welliver would be the best fight to be made. It would be a winwin for everyone involved. $$$$wise and career wise. A loss to Welliver or vice versa doesnt set either fighter too far back, and a win certainly propels them into top contention(not that Thompson needs the push).

But if a fillin can't be found, I gotta think Thompson should get the next shot. He's not getting younger, and waiting 6-8 weeks for Chambers, then another 12 for Wlad would see him past or near his 41st Bday, giving even less credibility to his challenge.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #30
BumOfTheMonth
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

This fight was nothing special to begin with. Its quite a shame its canceled because it was a decent fight but thats about it. Both got knocked out by WK and forgotten.

Helenius v Thompson would be an even better replacement. And of course everybody hopes for Helenius to get his shot sooner than later. I doubt he feels ready for Wlad yet.
BumOfTheMonth is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum