Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Austin Trout has offered Mundine a title fight in the USA to be shown by Showtime. Date is 31-12-2011.
zoley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #2
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
Austin Trout has offered Mundine a title fight in the USA to be shown by Showtime. Date is 31-12-2011.
anymore info, dont make me google
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
anymore info, dont make me google
FOX Sports.
zoley is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Dave_j1985
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
The Daily Telegraph can reveal management for Austin Trout, the WBA junior middleweight champion, are not only willing to fight Mundine in the States, but have offered up a New Year's Eve Showtime blockbuster.

The lucrative December 31 pay-per-view - which took only one phone call to confirm - completely embarrasses the Redfern fighter's claim that he cannot get a fight across the pond because . . . c'mon sing it Choc . . . "they're blacklisting me because of the September 11 (comment) . . . I feel it in my heart".

Sure, many Americans remain unhappy with Mundine for suggesting their country brought "upon themselves" those horrific 9-11 terrorist attacks. But as for some international blanket ban? Comparing himself to the Immortals carried more clout.

"Tell Anthony Mundine the ban's been lifted," Trout's manager Bob Spagnola said.

"Not only that, we're willing to offer him a New Year's Eve party. We're talking a title fight in America. On Showtime.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
"The network has already offered us the date if we can find an opponent.

"All Anthony has to do is say 'yes'."

Of course, for the New Year's Eve bout to go ahead, Trout must first beat Melbourne wharfie Frank LoPorto in Texas on November 11. If that happens, his team is confident the 26-year-old southpaw can continue his undefeated run by taking down two Aussies in as many months.

"Frank is a good, tough fighter," Spagnola continued.

"But Mundine, apparently he's a legend. I know he's giving you guys a lot of conspiracy theories, a lot of excuses.

"And that's fine. But we have a saying over here, 'fun is fun but when the sh*ts goes up the bull's a#se, that is bullsh*t'.'

"Anthony says he wants title fights in America. Well, it's time the rubber met the road," he said.

Spagnola also laughed off Team Mundine claims that his camp had baulked at coming Down Under.

"In four of his past six fights, Austin has travelled to Canada, Panama and Mexico twice. We offered a 50-50 split with options. They didn't want that.
Dave_j1985 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Fck off the fight options and it should be a done deal, by throwing in these fight options it gives Mundine excuses not to make this fight happen.

Whilst the article is a nudge in the right direction it lacks alot of substance as we all know Mundines camp have been down this road before with Trouts manager. The sticking point is the optional fights on Mundines Career should he win. The ONLY Optional fight should be a rematch exercised at the discretion of the loosing fighter which is a common clause in most title fight contracts these days. If this was the case, which i feel it is not, then Mundine would have no excuse not to travel to USA and fight Trout.

A few things his manager leaves out in particular the money. All Mundine claims he wants is the PPV rights for Australia, which Trouts manager has fallen short of offering in this latest news release. The other concern is that he does mention OPTIONS which is a plural, meaning more than one. With that its safe to say that they dont just want a rematch option on Mundine should he win.

Trouts camp imo are playing games. Mundine just wooped the guy Trout went the distance with and it raises questions as to who would win between Mundine v Trout and if Trouts manager has concerns or not, after all if he was so confident why all these fight options ? scared he will loose his cash cow so he wants to make sure he makes some on Mundine if he looses his Trout.

Tell Mundine they will pay for Accomidation, travel expenses and a daily allowance for food etc whilst in USA before the fight, give him all PPV rights so he can sell it to AUS and make it clear the ONLY additional fight option is a rematch which is standard in all WT contracts.

What his manager has given us today is still very trivial and lacks substance. If he wanted to move on this he would have done what ive listed above and cut to the chase and stoped playing games.

thats my thoughts on it anyhow
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Fck off the fight options and it should be a done deal, by throwing in these fight options it gives Mundine excuses not to make this fight happen.
mundog has an encyclopedia of excuses not to fight a live fighter. ive said it before, i'll say it again.....mundine will never fight trout. just like last time. he will dog it.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
mundog has an encyclopedia of excuses not to fight a live fighter. ive said it before, i'll say it again.....mundine will never fight trout. just like last time. he will dog it.
I think he can defeat trout and if i think that as an observing boxing fan then Mundine being the participant and weighing up his skills vs Trouts would be even more confident in himself and his own abilities as he is full of himself, he would think he could defeat Trout 10 times more than i did for example lol

Spoilt fighters like Mundine want it all their own way, its what he is used to, its also pretty standard to knock back additional fight options on a fighters career, Fenech did the same thing when the Germans wanted a 3 fight option on Danny should he defeat Beyer. In the end the WBC sorted it all out i believe.

Mundines put himself in the mandatory spot, what for exactly? to duck Trout? i dont think so, if he goes back up in weight then ill think otherwise, he stays on corse and initates the mandatory challenge, lets it go to bid etc then he cant back out, its something thats already set in motion, only mundine can de rail it now.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think he can defeat trout .
pity you will never find out.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
and again you will be proven correct....
mundine is a fraudulent cunt
stewy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
peterm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Whats mundine need to go to usa for world title shot.shannan taylor would give him shot at wbf world title if money was rite. then he could go up and down the weights collecting titles at will.
peterm is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Wake up people. The fight with Trout won't happen especially in the USA. Mundine is more likely to fight the no skilled Garth Woods for a 3rd time or the orang-utan Sam Soliman for the 4th time on Oz soil. Wake up to yourselves.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
The Spider

vCash:

A clever media ploy by Trout's manager Bob Spagnola. It will be interesting to see how things progress.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #13
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Be interesting to see what mundine does from here i for 1 thinks he beats trout. As for the options side in the contract as someone said before just the 1 rematch clause thats it no more no less. if they both agree to that we will have a fight in australian hopefully as i dont think choc is going to the states to fight & he would probably make more money here for both parties. Look just hope this fight gets made if not then the anti mundine clowns on here might be right!!!!!!!?. cheers guys
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #14
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
Be interesting to see what mundine does from here i for 1 thinks he beats trout. As for the options side in the contract as someone said before just the 1 rematch clause thats it no more no less. if they both agree to that we will have a fight in australian hopefully as i dont think choc is going to the states to fight & he would probably make more money here for both parties. Look just hope this fight gets made if not then the anti mundine clowns on here might be right!!!!!!!?. cheers guys
you mean to say the boxing fans might CONTINUE to be right, as they have been about mundine for the past 5 years...

you are the clown
stewy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #15
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm View Post
Whats mundine need to go to usa for world title shot.shannan taylor would give him shot at wbf world title if money was rite. then he could go up and down the weights collecting titles at will.
you are obviously an encyclopedia of boxing knowledge. thanking you for gracing us with your presence and keep the insightful observations coming
stewy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum