Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Daniel Geale Is The Real Deal!!!

Kegsy's Fight Roundup

Last night from the West Campbelltown Leagues Club, Tasmanian-born Daniel "Real Deal" Geale remained undefeated in style & also claimed the vacant IBO Middleweight Title in the process, by dismantling tough West Aussie Daniel "The Rock" Dawson over the full 12 round distance. The fight was fought at a solid pace throughout with Geale winning the majority of the early rounds by just his sheer work effort & sticking to his boxing & moving gameplan devised with trainer Jeff Fenech.
Dawson had no answer for this & even tho at times he landed some powerful shots to the body in particular, it was far too rare an occurance. The fight did change tho slightly through the middle rounds when Geale got a cut as result of a Dawson punch. Dawson rallied & probably won a round or 2. Late on in the fight however, Geale steadied & showed a simply exhillarating final round where he had Dawson out on his feet.
The final scorecards of 120-110, 120-110 & 119-109 probably didnt quite reflect just how much of a competitive fight it had been.
Daniel Geale's record moves to 18-0 with 12ko's, while Daniel Dawson falls to 29-1 with 20ko's.

Other results from West Campbelltown included hometown hero Matthew Paulley claiming the Australian Welterweight Title over Eddie "Psycho" Delic. A massive cut opened up on Paulley late in round 7, which led to the bout heading to the scorecards at the completion of that round.
Paulley was up on all 3 cards at that stage, 69-64, 69-64 & 69-66, & as a result claimed the Aussie title gold.

Undefeated prospect King Davidson looked fairly impressive against a game, but clearly outmatched Frank LoPorto. LoPorto seemed to struggle with Davidson's height, reach & awkward southpaw stance. This eventually led to a gash opening up on LoPorto as a result of a headclash early in the 4th round, which meant the fight was again to the scorecards.
Davidson was up 30-27, 30-27 & 29-28 at the time of the cut stoppage & remains undefeated at 3-0 with 2ko's.

In an entertaining bout & a mild upset, Solomon Egberime coming off more than an 18 month layoff was impressive with a highly entertaining unanimous decision win against previously undefeated Samuel Colomban over 6 rounds.
Egberime's movement & speed won him the fight with judges scorecards reading 60-54, 59-55 & 58-56.

In the early bouts, debutant Steve Casserley got off to a perfect start in the pro ranks, with a 4th round stoppage against game Filipino Arnel Balicuatro.
Also Filipino Jun Paderna got back in the winners circle with a shutout unanimous points decision against Eric Anaba, where Anaba suffered a flash knockdown in the opening round.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Daniel Geale Is The Real Deal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Kegsy's Fight Roundup

Last night from the West Campbelltown Leagues Club, Tasmanian-born Daniel "Real Deal" Geale remained undefeated in style & also claimed the vacant IBO Middleweight Title in the process, by dismantling tough West Aussie Daniel "The Rock" Dawson over the full 12 round distance. The fight was fought at a solid pace throughout with Geale winning the majority of the early rounds by just his sheer work effort & sticking to his boxing & moving gameplan devised with trainer Jeff Fenech.
Dawson had no answer for this & even tho at times he landed some powerful shots to the body in particular, it was far too rare an occurance. The fight did change tho slightly through the middle rounds when Geale got a cut as result of a Dawson punch. Dawson rallied & probably won a round or 2. Late on in the fight however, Geale steadied & showed a simply exhillarating final round where he had Dawson out on his feet.
The final scorecards of 120-110, 120-110 & 119-109 probably didnt quite reflect just how much of a competitive fight it had been.
Daniel Geale's record moves to 18-0 with 12ko's, while Daniel Dawson falls to 29-1 with 20ko's.

Other results from West Campbelltown included hometown hero Matthew Paulley claiming the Australian Welterweight Title over Eddie "Psycho" Delic. A massive cut opened up on Paulley late in round 7, which led to the bout heading to the scorecards at the completion of that round.
Paulley was up on all 3 cards at that stage, 69-64, 69-64 & 69-66, & as a result claimed the Aussie title gold.

Undefeated prospect King Davidson looked fairly impressive against a game, but clearly outmatched Frank LoPorto. LoPorto seemed to struggle with Davidson's height, reach & awkward southpaw stance. This eventually led to a gash opening up on LoPorto as a result of a headclash early in the 4th round, which meant the fight was again to the scorecards.
Davidson was up 30-27, 30-27 & 29-28 at the time of the cut stoppage & remains undefeated at 3-0 with 2ko's.

In an entertaining bout & a mild upset, Solomon Egberime coming off more than an 18 month layoff was impressive with a highly entertaining unanimous decision win against previously undefeated Samuel Colomban over 6 rounds.
Egberime's movement & speed won him the fight with judges scorecards reading 60-54, 59-55 & 58-56.

In the early bouts, debutant Steve Casserley got off to a perfect start in the pro ranks, with a 4th round stoppage against game Filipino Arnel Balicuatro.
Also Filipino Jun Paderna got back in the winners circle with a shutout unanimous points decision against Eric Anaba, where Anaba suffered a flash knockdown in the opening round.

nice work kegsy.

u should join the email list for press releases.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
nice work kegsy.

u should join the email list for press releases.

Cheers mate. Glad u liked.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #4
gold_gloves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

**** yeh, go Geale
gold_gloves is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

nice 1 kegsy,have you seen much of stripe drews b4,and whats your oppinion of the fight,i believe you said you have croation heritage,i imagine stripe will have a lot of fans in the crowd.
crash is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:07 PM   #6
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

sorry was thinking of the danny green fight got side tracked,congrats to geale,sounds like he could go far.
crash is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
nice 1 kegsy,have you seen much of stripe drews b4,and whats your oppinion of the fight,i believe you said you have croation heritage,i imagine stripe will have a lot of fans in the crowd.
Yeah there are tonnes of croatians living in Perth, so u would expect Stipe to have a little bit of a following.
Like most others have said Drews is a lanky southpaw, so it should be interesting to see how Green deals with it all.
Having not seen a tonne of Drews its hard for me to predict.
Hopefully Greeny can wear him down & stop him late as many have suggested.
Thats wat im banking on anyways.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i tried to get tickets to the fight,they went pretty quick,but hopeing danny can pull it off.should be a great night,
crash is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Geale looked awesome, just too fast and too good. Don't like making these comparisons but he kinda reminded me of Joe Calzaghe last night.

Here is the fight anyway
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
Peterp
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Geale boxed great, was very hard to hit
Peterp is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 03:45 AM   #11
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Kegsy's Fight Roundup

Very impressive Kegsy, how long have you been following boxing for?
You know what makes my journey writing in the boxing industry so hard, I don't have anyone around me that follows boxing. When I go to the local boxing I go by myself and when I draft up an article for my web site I have no-one to run it by Of course I send it onto the editor but other than that it's just left up to little fragile me
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #12
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

As much as i respect Dawson, but he been fighting paid asian midget punching bags, he came up against some one bigger and stronger and had no plan B, Geale has a wide range of punches and accurate somethin dawson has never faced before it all comes natural to him, great fight, Dawson has a great set of whiskers and will he has plenty left to achieve, if he goes ballistic and opens right up he wil be an animal.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 04:07 AM   #13
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
Very impressive Kegsy, how long have you been following boxing for?
You know what makes my journey writing in the boxing industry so hard, I don't have anyone around me that follows boxing. When I go to the local boxing I go by myself and when I draft up an article for my web site I have no-one to run it by Of course I send it onto the editor but other than that it's just left up to little fragile me
Yeah i have been following boxing for the last decade now.
Grandfather is a massive boxing fan, so when i was growing up i would watch all the fox cards with him.
So i got some good knowledge over the years.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 05:02 AM   #14
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah i have been following boxing for the last decade now.
Grandfather is a massive boxing fan, so when i was growing up i would watch all the fox cards with him.
So i got some good knowledge over the years.
I'll keep pottering along
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 05:26 AM   #15
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
I'll keep pottering along
Yeah its all good, u will get there.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum