Frampton wins 178 55.80%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #136
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Quigg vs Frampton - MAKE YOUR PICK

Just seen that they are both fighting a week apart. Frampton on January 28th and Quigg on February 4th. It's clear that sky are making a big push to make this happen sometime next year, they clearly had a big influence in the scheduling of these 2 fights. A week apart, they wanna keep it fresh in the peoples heads. Not too sure McGuigan and Hatton are as keen as Sky but i hope it happens soon. Hate this whole oh let it simmer until they are both world champions shite. Yeah like an irishman and an englishman are going to simultenously be world champions in a division dominated historically by mexicans and asian fighters. Big ******* of a fight for the British and Commonwealth titles nest summer hopefully. A loss will do neither of them any harm. If they are good enough they will come again.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #137
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Bump - Still 50/50
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #138
roe

vCash:

Last night didn't change my mind. Still going for Quinn.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #139
Bryn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe View Post
Last night didn't change my mind. Still going for Quinn.
Damn right.
Bryn is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #140
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It's the stylist versus the brutalist. Skill vs will. Frampton is classy but Quigg is ballsy. I want to see who can enforce their style.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #141
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quinn wins.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #142
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

There's not much between them right now, so it's a tight points win for Frampton for me. Anyone expecting a slaughter on either side will be disappointed.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #143
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

^^ Your right i watched Quigg vs Booth this evening and as much as it was a great result and sensible plan i saw parts of his game that Frampton can take advantage of.

It's a more even fight then some say and some of Quigg's people like us to think.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #144
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
^^ Your right i watched Quigg vs Booth this evening and as much as it was a great result and sensible plan i saw parts of his game that Frampton can take advantage of.

It's a more even fight then some say and some of Quigg's people like us to think.
Quigg seemed open to the left hook against Booth, Frampton has a good un aswell.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #145
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Quigg seemed open to the left hook against Booth, Frampton has a good un aswell.
Yep that's a good shout BA.

What i saw, may make a thread on this something like 'Quigg vs Frampton Techinical/Tactical Breakdown' soon.

Quigg performed well but he does a few things that play into Frampton's hands

-Watch for Quigg when he's in full guard, he often has a habit of dipping the hands and bringing them up. Now against good fighters they will time it and they will see it from early and throw feints downstairs and upstairs and plant shots to area exposed.

-Watch Quiggs shoulders, He fights with toes pointing towards opponent but he doesn't fight side on with upperbody he squares up. As you say BA that Left hook is there and Booth landed to body at times. His habit of dipping and upping gloves will leave him open to shots to ribs. Frampton punches hard and pays in full to body!

-Quigg often shows you his punches, you can see them coming. He works well to body because it's a bigger target and Booth fought the only gameplan he felt safest in which was on backfoot near ropes. I expect Frampton to fight this fight centre ring and at range. Watch round one there's some lovely camera work above ring and tonight i found myself ducking as Quigg throws his shots .

Quigg is a good fighter but there's parts of his game that i think need work on .
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #146
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post

I honestly dont think Quigg and Gal are a good match, time will tell i suppose but i hope Quigg doesnt start giving away his height at the weight in future bouts like he was doing against Booth, might just be that he had no fear of what Booth could throw in return, however the last thing i want to see is Quigg fighting like Murray.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #147
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
I honestly dont think Quigg and Gal are a good match, time will tell i suppose but i hope Quigg doesnt start giving away his height at the weight in future bouts like he was doing against Booth, might just be that he had no fear of what Booth could throw in return, however the last thing i want to see is Quigg fighting like Murray.
Good point, i be honest on second viewing i wasn't as impressed as i first was. I liked how patient he was and some old school tricks thrown in. It wasn't easy fighting with pillows but i felt his work was a tad predictable and Booth played into his hands and had nothing to offer in the fight.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with Arthur i expect a win but we want a statement and this is a far physical match up and Arthur is dogged.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #148
jordan1
Juan Lopez #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 395

Quigg would be to much for him know.
jordan1 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #149
BURNLEYBLUE
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1016

Quigg a very good, strong fighter,but absolutly made to measure for Frampton. See it as quite an easy nights work for Carl
BURNLEYBLUE is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #150
Fightfan1912
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Frampton hasnt got a punch. On paper it looks good but most of them were premature stoppages.

I'm from Northern Ireland and so i obviously want Frampton to win. I am however also a Boxing fan and so if i'm honest at this stage i have to say Quigg.

Frampton is a great wee boxer but all this talk from him and Barry about "being able to bang with either hand" could prove to be his undoing. Stick to the boxing skills Carlos and you'll be grand!
Fightfan1912 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum