Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #121
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Quigg vs Frampton - MAKE YOUR PICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Your post is misleading Jpab in the sense this is a Brit forum, so firstly more Brits are voting. Secondly, if 23% of people voting for Frampton are Irish, that would mean that give or take (excluding what I'd assume to be a minority of voters from elsewhere) 77% of the votes FOR Frampton are from Brits.

Now, the percentage of the Irish votes that went for Quigg are probably not so generous...

The Irish are definitely more biased overall, but thats not surprising considering its a smaller boxing nation. It is worth noting however.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #122
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
That was not what we were debating....And no chance.
True. We were debating your dogshit post that Quigg has beaten better opponents. If you said you worded it wrong, then fair enough but no you brought up Franklin Varela, he's done nothing. Shared a ring with Moreno is all really, and took a round or two off another unbeaten prospect. And shared a ring in a competitive fight with a guy Frampton battered around the ring before stopping him in 4. I'm not debating that Jason Booth wasn't a good win, it was. But outside of that fight your trying to say Quigg has operated at a higher level than Frampton. Thats rubbish.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #123
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Hilarious the self righteousness of the English on here. Only the Scots and the Irish can be majorly biased. Need I bump a particular Rhodes/Alvarez thread?

Every nation has its biased fans, and maybe some nations have more biased fans than others, but there's no way the Irish are any more biased than the Brits.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #124
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
True. We were debating your dogshit post that Quigg has beaten better opponents. If you said you worded it wrong, then fair enough but no you brought up Franklin Varela, he's done nothing. Shared a ring with Moreno is all really, and took a round or two off another unbeaten prospect. And shared a ring in a competitive fight with a guy Frampton battered around the ring before stopping him in 4. I'm not debating that Jason Booth wasn't a good win, it was. But outside of that fight your trying to say Quigg has operated at a higher level than Frampton. Thats rubbish.
All im saying is Verela is slightly better then anybody Carl has been in with, it's plain to see get over it.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #125
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
All im saying is Verela is slightly better then anybody Carl has been in with, it's plain to see get over it.
Slightly better, ok fair point. We both have our views on how the fight would play out. It would be a great fight, hope it happens.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #126
Jun Fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
To be honest 80% of people who voted for Frampton will be Irish, regardless of if they actually think he will win the fight they will still pick him. Quigg is the favourite IMO.
Not sure if youre deliberately trolling or just plain stupid? Its probably closer to 80% of British people that voted for Frampton, though dont let simple things like facts, get in the way of your bigotry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Banjo View Post
its Quinn....
Touche!-though Quinn is an Oirish name too
Jun Fan is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #127
carlos_jackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Fair play it was an exaggeration but i thought it would be more of them Irish buggers on this thread.

Frampton voting for himself
I had to vote for myself. At the time Quigg was one in front 61-60 now tho he's two in front 82-80. Shit!!!
carlos_jackal is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 06:27 AM   #128
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_jackal View Post
I had to vote for myself. At the time Quigg was one in front 61-60 now tho he's two in front 82-80. Shit!!!
Fair play Carl.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #129
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

[quote=Jun Fan;11074406]Not sure if youre deliberately trolling or just plain stupid? Its probably closer to 80% of British people that voted for Frampton, though dont let simple things like facts, get in the way of your bigotry!

Yes many English picked Frampton, just how many Irish picked Quigg?
Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #130
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Has there ever been such a poll on ESB! only 2 votes seperate them. Over 160 votes!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #131
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=BoxingAnalyst;11075612]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Fan View Post
Not sure if youre deliberately trolling or just plain stupid? Its probably closer to 80% of British people that voted for Frampton, though dont let simple things like facts, get in the way of your bigotry!

Yes many English picked Frampton, just how many Irish picked Quigg?

its cos we are so smart
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #132
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Has there ever been such a poll on ESB! only 2 votes seperate them. Over 160 votes!
Certainly the closest poll ive ever seen on here. It has to happen, i don't buy into this notion that it has to be left simmer for a few years. With the depth of talent domestically at SBW i honestly don't think Quigg or Frampton will be able to swerve each other anyway. Munroe is still the top dog in Europe despite Martinez having the blue and gold strap. The two of them are there, you got Ryan Walsh who is impressive, Jamie Arthur dropped a SD to Booth and deserves a shot at either Quigg or Frampton's titles.You got Casey, Kid Galahad, Paulie Hyland. Quigg-Frampton is the 1 that excites me most and i think Frampton wins and wins clearly in a competitive fight but i suppose its not the be all and end all i guess if it doesn't happen and i hope neither of them get hung up on the other too much. Loads of big fights out there.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #133
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Certainly the closest poll ive ever seen on here. It has to happen, i don't buy into this notion that it has to be left simmer for a few years. With the depth of talent domestically at SBW i honestly don't think Quigg or Frampton will be able to swerve each other anyway. Munroe is still the top dog in Europe despite Martinez having the blue and gold strap. The two of them are there, you got Ryan Walsh who is impressive, Jamie Arthur dropped a SD to Booth and deserves a shot at either Quigg or Frampton's titles.You got Casey, Kid Galahad, Paulie Hyland. Quigg-Frampton is the 1 that excites me most and i think Frampton wins and wins clearly in a competitive fight but i suppose its not the be all and end all i guess if it doesn't happen and i hope neither of them get hung up on the other too much. Loads of big fights out there.
There is certainly alot to look forward to over the next 12-18 months at 122 lbs. Some quality fights that need making.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #134
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Hilarious the self righteousness of the English on here. Only the Scots and the Irish can be majorly biased. Need I bump a particular Rhodes/Alvarez thread?

Every nation has its biased fans, and maybe some nations have more biased fans than others, but there's no way the Irish are any more biased than the Brits.
Exactly, I dont know how many people claimed Munroe would beat Nishioka and I remember hearing Palmer say Swifty Smith would be p4p no 1 in a few years !

And they call the Irish biased, its usually the same people who come out the woodwork in these type of threads TFFP being the one who always seems to have something to say !

Quigg has one big win against a shot fighter and the hyperbole starts .
moorser is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #135
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorser View Post
Exactly, I dont know how many people claimed Munroe would beat Nishioka and I remember hearing Palmer say Swifty Smith would be p4p no 1 in a few years !

And they call the Irish biased, its usually the same people who come out the woodwork in these type of threads TFFP being the one who always seems to have something to say !

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum