Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #61
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6,978
vCash: 9062
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir axeman View Post
There SHOULD be a rematch. Dawson was his MANDATORY...so as it ended with controversy..Chad should still be mandatory and they go again and prove who is the better fighter. Hopkins should not be allowed to skip this like he wants to. Why? Cos he dont wanna fight Chad..why? Cos he doubts he'll keep his belt. I think the decision to give the belt back can be argued becuase it was controversial. But IMO only on the condition that Hopkins fights him again. Hopkins and the corrupt slime behind this are what make boxing bad.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
He said on twitter that he changed his mind and that he would give Dawson a rematch but he would like for it to be on HBO so everyone can see it. In other words he'll do the samething again and prove it wasn't no fluke.
Hope it happens then!
Divi253 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #62
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Dawson would murder B-Hop, they won't fight and B-Hop is the reason why. Anyone who saw the fight knew B-Hop was mentally shook by Dawson, it showed in his body language.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #63
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 5,869
vCash: 75
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Dawson would murder B-Hop, they won't fight and B-Hop is the reason why. Anyone who saw the fight knew B-Hop was mentally shook by Dawson, it showed in his body language.
I didn't see anything and that is as honest as I can be. Prior to the fight, you could sense that Bernard would try to play his usual box sometime, fight sometime game to snatch a decision. Then, commentators realized Hopkins was with his usual excellent footwork and sneaky self to score with right handers... Basically there was just one short left that Dawson landed near the ropes on Bernard and that is far from sayin that Bernard wouldn't get out of that situation and fire back. Hopkins body language has to do with short moves, slippin, sliddin, duckin, rollin and spinnin, steppin up fast, back-steppin... Nobody would call Mayweather scared to death of ODLH just cause he did that in big parts of the fight (?)
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #64
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,143
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
I didn't see anything and that is as honest as I can be. Prior to the fight, you could sense that Bernard would try to play his usual box sometime, fight sometime game to snatch a decision. Then, commentators realized Hopkins was with his usual excellent footwork and sneaky self to score with right handers... Basically there was just one short left that Dawson landed near the ropes on Bernard and that is far from sayin that Bernard wouldn't get out of that situation and fire back. Hopkins body language has to do with short moves, slippin, sliddin, duckin, rollin and spinnin, steppin up fast, back-steppin... Nobody would call Mayweather scared to death of ODLH just cause he did that in big parts of the fight (?)
Not talking about B-Hops failed strategy, because Chad was starting to time his head down charges and step back and to the side and drill him to the body. Nope not talking about boxing tactics, I'm talking about the fight in him.

Mainly when Chad started to physically impose himself on B-Hop in the 2nd round. B-Hop didn't like that, you could tell when he walked B-Hop across the ring are when he checked B-Hop with his forearm under B-Hops throat.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:51 PM   #65
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,642
vCash: 488
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Not talking about B-Hops failed strategy, because Chad was starting to time his head down charges and step back and to the side and drill him to the body. Nope not talking about boxing tactics, I'm talking about the fight in him.

Mainly when Chad started to physically impose himself on B-Hop in the 2nd round. B-Hop didn't like that, you could tell when he walked B-Hop across the ring are when he checked B-Hop with his forearm under B-Hops throat.
I bet you thought Pascal was on the verge of killing Hopkins in their first fight after 3 rounds
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #66
Ripple633
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,158
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
I just don't get this - Chad Dawson didn't want a rematch with Bernard Hopkins once the decision was to be a TKO and the crowning of a new WBC champ, and now he's sayin that it is Hopkins that doesn't want the rematch? In my opinion, the rematch should be done once the WBC rules it and there is business appeal for a PPV event. Otherwise, forget it, the title goes vacant and there will be surely two guys to fight for it...
He was pissed so he we will say things like that. Dawson had this same attitude towards Adrian Diaconu who he felt wasn't worth fighting. He eventually fought Diaconu and beat him. You can't always take a boxer for his word all the time, and clearly what Dawson said was hot air and at the heat of the moment. I think they will eventually fight again.
Ripple633 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #67
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
I bet you thought Pascal was on the verge of killing Hopkins in their first fight after 3 rounds

Pretty much. Jermaine Taylor also was on his way to killing hopkins in the early rounds based on his logic.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 PM   #68
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,060
vCash: 500
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Dawson would murder B-Hop, they won't fight and B-Hop is the reason why. Anyone who saw the fight knew B-Hop was mentally shook by Dawson, it showed in his body language.
Come on man...

You really think this or are you just tryin to piss everybody off?

B Hop was in control of that fight up until the point where Dawson lifted his leg and pushed him down.
HENDO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #69
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Chad Dawson and Bernard Hopkins on the WBC decision and back and forth trash talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDO View Post
Come on man...

You really think this or are you just tryin to piss everybody off?

B Hop was in control of that fight up until the point where Dawson lifted his leg and pushed him down.

He already figured out his rhythem, and you could see in round 2. It was only matter of time before Hopkins had him figured out completely and start doing what he did to Trinidad, Echols, and Pascal. Dawson was getting frustrated and he knew what was gonna happen because he couldn't get off the way he normally does. I hope him and Hopkins does fight again so Hopkins can finish what he was getting ready to do.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013