Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Corrie Sanders knocked down Vitali

Im suprised the refs did not see this. After Sanders first lands a left that staggers vitali badly, vitali stumbles back into the roped hurt badly and sanders follows up with a volley of punches, vitali recoveres, then sanders lands a hard left which staggers vitali back against the ropes hurt badly with jelly legs and sanders follows it with a flurry and vitali goes down due to being hurt, not a slip. this was a knockdown.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

check out 4:20 mark
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: Corrie Sanders knocked down Vitali

You made exactly the same thread about half a year ago and just about everyone thought it was not a knockdown. Sanders didn't even landed a punch, but had his foot right between Vitali's and shoved him down.

Here's a little fact to add to your boxing knowlegde: in case of a flash knockdown (which this would if it was legit), the knockdown always happens instantly after the punch landed. Just watch Louis vs Galento, Tyson vs Holyfield, Ali vs Banks, Louis vs Braddock, , Tunney knocking Dempsey down, Marciano vs Moore. All flash knockdowns, all went down RIGHT when they were hit.

A delayed reaction only occurs when a fighter is seriously hurt and out on his feet, i.e. Tyson vs Berbick, Tyson vs Tubbs, Lewis vs Tyson, Golota vs Bowe (knockdown in the 2nd round of their 2nd fight), etc etc.

So Sanders hits Vitali's gloves, and a second later Vitali goes down when it is clear that Sanders shoves him and has his foot right against Vitali's foot. Yet Vitali gets up instantly and shows to be fully aware of the situation, so it would have to be a flash knockdown if it was one. But then why was there a delayed reaction, nevermind no punch landing? Something doesn't add up here.

The referee didn't rule it a knockdown. The commentators didn't rule it a knockdown. Hell, even in the general forum here at ESB i've never once seen the claim that it was a legit knockdown, and that's saying something.

Save this piece of boxing knowlegde so that you won't have to make this thread for a third time.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

That was a little too harsh, in my opinion, ChrisPontius.

I don't think the reaction was delayed. Sanders landed a few good shots, and Vitali was hurt. The reaction was on time. If Sanders had moved out of the way after landing that left when Vitali's back was on the ropes, you could have seen a knock down then. I think Vitali was trying to fall into Sanders to stop his onslaught, Sanders stepped back, Vitali fell forward. I would rule no knock down.

Ok ChrisPontius, you might see where this is going, but I still think you sounded harsh.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #4
Woddy

vCash:

Sanders had Klitschko hurt, but I agree that it was questionable as to weather or not there was an actual knockdown. In any event, Sanders really only had 1 or 2 brief moments in that fight where he had Vitali in trouble, but that's about it. A guy like Corrie with fast hands and a big punch can trouble anyone in the first round. It doesn't say anything bad about Klitschko really.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woddy
Sanders had Klitschko hurt, but I agree that it was questionable as to weather or not there was an actual knockdown. In any event, Sanders really only had 1 or 2 brief moments in that fight where he had Vitali in trouble, but that's about it. A guy like Corrie with fast hands and a big punch can trouble anyone in the first round. It doesn't say anything bad about Klitschko really.
This sums it up. Sanders caught Vitali with a hard coutner shot to the chin. Most fighters would have gone down. Vitali showed how quickly he could move when wanted to. He was not hurt.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
OLD FOGEY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
This sums it up. Sanders caught Vitali with a hard coutner shot to the chin. Most fighters would have gone down. Vitali showed how quickly he could move when wanted to. He was not hurt.
He looked somewhat hurt to me, but not severely. He was floundering but clearly was still able to use his hands and move about defensively. My take is he was wobbly when he was backed into the ropes and Sanders caught him alongside the head with a left swing. It might have been partially blocked, but it did land on the temple. Vitali then goes down. Off this tape, I couldn't see any reason for him going down other than he was hit and in trouble. I watched several times and couldn't see anyplace where Sanders pushed him. Unless I am missing something, I would rule it a knockdown, but a flash knockdown. Vitali was not in extreme trouble.
OLD FOGEY is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It's the first left off the ropes that hurts him a little IMO, nothing else lands. The "hard left" against the ropes just before the fall only grazed him, if at all. Great left hand first up tho.

Suze are you trying to coax Z out?

JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

That's a point, where is our doctor?
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa
That's a point, where is our doctor?
He left many months ago, and started his very own forum.

Last edited by WhataRock; 11-10-2006 at 11:51 PM.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 09:48 AM   #10
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

I'm the doctor. Suzie lured me into this one.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
You made exactly the same thread about half a year ago and just about everyone thought it was not a knockdown. Sanders didn't even landed a punch, but had his foot right between Vitali's and shoved him down.

Here's a little fact to add to your boxing knowlegde: in case of a flash knockdown (which this would if it was legit), the knockdown always happens instantly after the punch landed. Just watch Louis vs Galento, Tyson vs Holyfield, Ali vs Banks, Louis vs Braddock, , Tunney knocking Dempsey down, Marciano vs Moore. All flash knockdowns, all went down RIGHT when they were hit.

A delayed reaction only occurs when a fighter is seriously hurt and out on his feet, i.e. Tyson vs Berbick, Tyson vs Tubbs, Lewis vs Tyson, Golota vs Bowe (knockdown in the 2nd round of their 2nd fight), etc etc.

So Sanders hits Vitali's gloves, and a second later Vitali goes down when it is clear that Sanders shoves him and has his foot right against Vitali's foot. Yet Vitali gets up instantly and shows to be fully aware of the situation, so it would have to be a flash knockdown if it was one. But then why was there a delayed reaction, nevermind no punch landing? Something doesn't add up here.

The referee didn't rule it a knockdown. The commentators didn't rule it a knockdown. Hell, even in the general forum here at ESB i've never once seen the claim that it was a legit knockdown, and that's saying something.

Save this piece of boxing knowlegde so that you won't have to make this thread for a third time.

your entitled to your opinion. I believe it was a knockdown. vitali went down hurt, he got back up and was ok to continue. it was a knockdown. in my opinion
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza

if he was not hurt, how come he stumbled back into the ropes?
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #13
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Mendoza is Dr. Z
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #14
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

No, it wasn't a knockdown. Vitali was hurt by a hard counter shot from Sanders, but his falling over was the result of rubbery legs and a push behind the head from Sanders, not a punch. It's readily evident on the film.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 12-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #15
Woddy

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano Frazier
No, it wasn't a knockdown. Vitali was hurt by a hard counter shot from Sanders, but his falling over was the result of rubbery legs and a push behind the head from Sanders, not a punch. It's readily evident on the film.
Do really expect fact to get in the way of Suzie's rebuddles?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum