Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #91
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 496
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
ok so we can agree, that i haven't tried to build up victories over duran and mugabi - good



so who were trinidads best victories at 160 or above?

put a poll up in the general asking "was trinidad suited to fighting at 175?"





that maybe you first decent point of the entire day




no because hearns not only proved himself at 147, 154, he proved himself at 160, 168, and 175 - you see the difference between hearns and trinidad? - comprende?




cool story, add the bit about me turning your fragile egghead into scrambled eggs and you might make it big on youtube

TG1 brutally pwned and destroyed by ATG ESB Titan HEADBANGER in front of a global audience of millions.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #92
SILENCER
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopejh View Post
Eubank had the worst possible style for Hopkins? Eubank would bait Hopkins all night long?



do you understand what is going on when you watch a fight? you dumb****.

where the fuk do you get off making these blanket statements?

Eubank was sloppy and awkward when he couldn't fight at his pace. he would be stumbling around the ring reaching in with his half-assed combinations and wide right hands. Hopkins would be setting the rhythm here and he'd be the one capitalizing on Eubank's inconsistency and sloppiness.

as for Eubank baiting Hopkins, that is fuking laughable. Hopkins is far trickier than Eubank ever was. even if Eubank did "bait him all night long" (whatever the **** that means) Hopkins is compact and tight enough with his technique that he'd not be caught "coming in all night" you dumb****. how dare you compare RJJ to Eubank?

STFU and gtfo. I have wasted my time arguing with you.
calm down cupcake,my intention was not to make you wet yourself..

I think it's ridiculous to completely dismiss a pre Watson II, middleweight Chris Eubank. Eubank was tailored to give the likes of Toney and Hopkins problems due to his own awkward style. The likes of a Nigel Benn would probably have been much easier for those fighters, as they'd have been able to pick him off. But Eubank would have been a lot more tricky. It would be a very technical fight.

For all of Hopkins' talk of being in jail and being tough etc, he has never come across as one of boxing's truly tough men. In many ways he comes across as a bully. Staying in the same division for years when he was the bigger man and bullying journalists are not traits of a tough man. Chris Eubank, for all his eccentric behaviour, was a tough son of a gun in the ring and hated bullies. The earlier version of Eubank would have been tough for anyone. He lost a lot of fire after the second Watson fight. No doubt Hopkins is a very gifted boxer, but this fight would by no means be a foregone conclusion.

hopkins would be jumping out of the ring without the aid of a mills lane this time (see Robert Allen) he would be feigning shoulder injuries left right n centre (see antwun Echols,he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think) i loved watching hopkins get brutalised by bummy segunda mercado and then make a career out of fighting nobodies and ww's.

eubank would clown him.

"dumb****"
SILENCER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #93
RobertV77
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,999
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob887 View Post
Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

I was thinking about this. Eubank has a very unique style of stepping out and finding punches from angles, firing shots off and moving out of range etc Maybe this could have been the kryptonite to Hopkins tendency to come inside, throw/butt and hug.
no
RobertV77 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #94
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

I don't see Hopkins beating Rocchigiani at light-heavy. Rocchigiani was a giant Winky Wright! Completely robbed against Maske and Michalczewski.
atberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #95
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
calm down cupcake,my intention was not to make you wet yourself..

I think it's ridiculous to completely dismiss a pre Watson II, middleweight Chris Eubank. Eubank was tailored to give the likes of Toney and Hopkins problems due to his own awkward style. The likes of a Nigel Benn would probably have been much easier for those fighters, as they'd have been able to pick him off. But Eubank would have been a lot more tricky. It would be a very technical fight.

For all of Hopkins' talk of being in jail and being tough etc, he has never come across as one of boxing's truly tough men. In many ways he comes across as a bully. Staying in the same division for years when he was the bigger man and bullying journalists are not traits of a tough man. Chris Eubank, for all his eccentric behaviour, was a tough son of a gun in the ring and hated bullies. The earlier version of Eubank would have been tough for anyone. He lost a lot of fire after the second Watson fight. No doubt Hopkins is a very gifted boxer, but this fight would by no means be a foregone conclusion.

hopkins would be jumping out of the ring without the aid of a mills lane this time (see Robert Allen) he would be feigning shoulder injuries left right n centre (see antwun Echols,he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think) i loved watching hopkins get brutalised by bummy segunda mercado and then make a career out of fighting nobodies and ww's.

eubank would clown him.

"dumb****"
Eubank did jab a lot more post-Watson, instead of leading off with leaping right hands. But apart from that, and being bigger (due to weigh-in rules), he was the same.
atberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #96
kopejh
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 861
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
calm down cupcake,my intention was not to make you wet yourself..

I think it's ridiculous to completely dismiss a pre Watson II, middleweight Chris Eubank. Eubank was tailored to give the likes of Toney and Hopkins problems due to his own awkward style. The likes of a Nigel Benn would probably have been much easier for those fighters, as they'd have been able to pick him off. But Eubank would have been a lot more tricky. It would be a very technical fight.

For all of Hopkins' talk of being in jail and being tough etc, he has never come across as one of boxing's truly tough men. In many ways he comes across as a bully. Staying in the same division for years when he was the bigger man and bullying journalists are not traits of a tough man. Chris Eubank, for all his eccentric behaviour, was a tough son of a gun in the ring and hated bullies. The earlier version of Eubank would have been tough for anyone. He lost a lot of fire after the second Watson fight. No doubt Hopkins is a very gifted boxer, but this fight would by no means be a foregone conclusion.

hopkins would be jumping out of the ring without the aid of a mills lane this time (see Robert Allen) he would be feigning shoulder injuries left right n centre (see antwun Echols,he was on the floor for almost three and a half minutes I think) i loved watching hopkins get brutalised by bummy segunda mercado and then make a career out of fighting nobodies and ww's.

eubank would clown him.

"dumb****"
have you actually watched the 1st Mercado fight?
kopejh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #97
kopejh
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,721
vCash: 861
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Silencer/Gained what the fuk was that post about? that was one giant whiny rant. where do you actually support your claim that Eubank would beat Hopkins? have you actually ever watched either fighter?
kopejh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #98
SILENCER
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,527
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopejh View Post
Silencer/Gained what the fuk was that post about? that was one giant whiny rant. where do you actually support your claim that Eubank would beat Hopkins? have you actually ever watched either fighter?
did you honestly feel the need to post twice? am i getting to you? whats
the betting you are an alt of someone i keep bumping on the head! you sound like my ex wife.

'silencer,gained,silencer,gained,dum****,you dont know what you're taking about, bla bla bla 'iv just wet myself because someone is picking on bernard again' etc just another ESB titstain.

p.s no you are correct iv never watched either,well done.
SILENCER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:17 PM   #99
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

stop
atberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #100
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 13,853
vCash: 355
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Eubank at MW would have beaten Hopkins.
Hopkins wouldnt have been able to hang with a big strong MW like Eubank.
Eubank wouldnt have been bullied on the inside with illegal holding and would have been stinging Hopkins with enough shots to win a UD.
Hopkins at MW at first ask couldnt beat Jones, Mercado, Allen or Taylor in 2 attempts.
bailey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #101
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SS Enterprise
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
did you honestly feel the need to post twice? am i getting to you? whats
the betting you are an alt of someone i keep bumping on the head! you sound like my ex wife.

'silencer,gained,silencer,gained,dum****,you dont know what you're taking about, bla bla bla 'iv just wet myself because someone is picking on bernard again' etc just another ESB titstain.

p.s no you are correct iv never watched either,well done.
Style wise it is an interesting fight.
Jab: Eubank
Power: Eubank
Defense: Hopkins
Offense: Hopkins - by a little bit
footwork: Hopkins
Intangibles: Eubank
blueprint fight: Hopkins vs Taylor I

I think the fight comes down to intangibles. Eubank has shown in his fights with Thompson I, Thompson II and Benn that he can fight threw the pain and still try to win, Hopkins on the other hand resorts to fouling and bad acting. I think Eubank takes it by ud.
general zod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #102
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Eubank's defensive reflexes were very, very, very good.

And yes, he was 10x the fighter Hopkins was in terms of intangibles - see Eubank-Watson II and Hopkins-Calzaghe/Jones II/Dawson
atberry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #103
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,681
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Eubank was not on Hopkins level.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #104
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SS Enterprise
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
Eubank's defensive reflexes were very, very, very good.
Its hard to compare a technically based defense against an athletic based defense, but yes, I do agree with you here

Hopkins offense tends to be good against 1d punchers like Pavlik and Tito against guys with speed: Taylor, Calzaghe he fights a more cautius fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
And yes, he was 10x the fighter Hopkins was in terms of intangibles - see Eubank-Watson II and Hopkins-Calzaghe/Jones II/Dawson
I agree. Once Eubank stepped into the ring he was there to the finish - unlike our friend mr Hopkins.
general zod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #105
general zod
Into Darkness
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SS Enterprise
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
Think more!
If your getting dropped by Segundo Mercado twice, then the chances are your chin won't beable too take many G-man punches.

It also doesn't matter how good a fighter is defensively they are still going to have to take flush shots during the fight.
general zod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013