Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #76
raksa
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Robert Helenius...

Vitali is a greatest of all heavyweight boxing star, no losses! Let him be it!

We want Vladimir vs Helenius!
raksa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #77
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

he has power with either hand. but, he needs help on defense and his footwork. still needs more time before he faces a klitschko
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #78
RazzAxx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis-lupus View Post
Well, we will see Helenius vs Klitschko quite soon. I think 1 year period

My bet is Helenius win KO younger Klitschko..older is more difficult fight
My personal opinion atm would be that Helenius - Vitali would be quite awesome "brawl" and Vitali would get his chin tested more than ever before. Still, Vitali is so awkward that connecting him big time properly even for once (which is all Robert needs) would not be easy. I see this bout pretty much a 50/50 at this stage.

Helenius - Wladimir I really cannot see how Robert would be able to get a good punch at Wlad the way Wladimir boxes nowadays. It would be quite a boring show for non-boxing fans of jab fencing and Wlad has the upper hand in that department and he would never commit himself with Helenius in short/medium distance. On the other hand, if Wlad would sell him as the 'man' for this fight, anything could happen since his Russian pride would not let him to run around the ring at that kind of pre-set.
RazzAxx is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #79
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzAxx View Post
My personal opinion atm would be that Helenius - Vitali would be quite awesome "brawl" and Vitali would get his chin tested more than ever before. Still, Vitali is so awkward that connecting him big time properly even for once (which is all Robert needs) would not be easy. I see this bout pretty much a 50/50 at this stage.

Helenius - Wladimir I really cannot see how Robert would be able to get a good punch at Wlad the way Wladimir boxes nowadays. It would be quite a boring show for non-boxing fans of jab fencing and Wlad has the upper hand in that department and he would never commit himself with Helenius in short/medium distance. On the other hand, if Wlad would sell him as the 'man' for this fight, anything could happen since his Russian pride would not let him to run around the ring at that kind of pre-set.
It's just like you sayed against Vitali, but i think Wladimir is much easier opponent he really can't run all night long and there is surely happening cross punch situation and then Wladimir goes down.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #80
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
It's just like you sayed against Vitali, but i think Wladimir is much easier opponent he really can't run all night long and there is surely happening cross punch situation and then Wladimir goes down.
Of course. Robbie will dominate with his faster, more accurate, more powerful punches. His fluid footwork and solid defense. His wealth of experience against top contenders. His underrated head movement. His good stamina.

Wait a sec........that's all Wlad.

Face it Robbie got smacked around by the guys he's been facing lately before he KO'd them. All are on the slide and never were as good as Wlad in the first place. He's gonna take a 10 times worse beating in the same number of rounds.
Blake Rayne is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #81
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Rayne View Post
Of course. Robbie will dominate with his faster, more accurate, more powerful punches. His fluid footwork and solid defense. His wealth of experience against top contenders. His underrated head movement. His good stamina.

Wait a sec........that's all Wlad.

Face it Robbie got smacked around by the guys he's been facing lately before he KO'd them. All are on the slide and never were as good as Wlad in the first place. He's gonna take a 10 times worse beating in the same number of rounds.
It would be so simple. Wlad is the first time in a situation where he is greeted by a big guy which is as big as him, even stronger, with a strong chin and also with good amateur backround. Robert is not newbie even someone try to say so. His experienced amateur with some succeed with very lousy training.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #82
Peril
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetkincaid View Post
He's like a super sized Kelly Pavlik in that at first glance he doesn't look all that impressive, but he has some skill and he can crack.
Pretty much spot on. And he will meet a similar demise at the hands of a 40+ old Vitali Klitschko, just like Pavlik did with gastric BHop
Peril is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #83
Peril
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It would be so simple. Wlad is the first time in a situation where he is greeted by a big guy which is as big as him, even stronger, with a strong chin and also with good amateur backround. Robert is not newbie even someone try to say so. His experienced amateur with some succeed with very lousy training.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that Helenius is stronger. Besides, SPEED KILLS and Klitschko managed to keep up with the 2 fastest guys in HW division, Haye and Chambers (he KO'd the later and UD Haye). Helenius on the other hand hasn't fought anyone even remotely close to the speed that Wlad K. will bring to the ring.

Oh and I don't think anyone ever hit Helenius as hard as Wlad will hit him, whereas Wlad was hit by some of the hardest hitters of the division in prime Peter and Sanders.

PS: None of this is said to discredit Helenius. I think Robert is a great guy and the absolutely best up-n-comer the heavyweight had since K-bros. His resume is beyond impressive, he fights often, he does well and he has power. If he succeeds Klitschkos I will be happy, but I do not see him beating either bro.
Peril is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #84
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
I SERIOUSLY doubt that Helenius is stronger. Besides, SPEED KILLS and Klitschko managed to keep up with the 2 fastest guys in HW division, Haye and Chambers (he KO'd the later and UD Haye). Helenius on the other hand hasn't fought anyone even remotely close to the speed that Wlad K. will bring to the ring.

Oh and I don't think anyone ever hit Helenius as hard as Wlad will hit him, whereas Wlad was hit by some of the hardest hitters of the division in prime Peter and Sanders.

PS: None of this is said to discredit Helenius. I think Robert is a great guy and the absolutely best up-n-comer the heavyweight had since K-bros. His resume is beyond impressive, he fights often, he does well and he has power. If he succeeds Klitschkos I will be happy, but I do not see him beating either bro.
What about wlad? Remember, Peter and Haye are much smaller than Helenius is and Helenius surely will test wlad's chin sooner or later..Helenius reach is better than wlad's. In my opinion, even very average Thompson give wlad little problem, only because of his size and same was McCline and they are smaller than Helenius and comparering to Helenius they didint have amateur backround at all and now where near as hard punchers
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #85
RazzAxx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peril View Post
The running speed of Haye/Chambers does not kill anyone. It lets them not be killed. Helenius's hand speed is as good as anyone's. He can KO with a Straight right, with left hook, with over hand right, with a hook to the body with either hand, with an uppercut of either hand. The speed is not a problem. Ability to move fast enough around the ring to catch the opponent and the stamina to maintain that for 12 rounds in the ring might be, but Robert has no issues with hand speed. It is probably best in the heavy weight division at the moment.

When was the previous time you saw a Klitschko punch a powerful uppercut/body punch that changed the rhythm of a fight?
RazzAxx is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #86
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

Quote:
What about wlad? Remember, Peter and Haye are much smaller than Helenius is and Helenius surely will test wlad's chin sooner or later..Helenius reach is better than wlad's. In my opinion, even very average Thompson give wlad little problem, only because of his size and same was McCline and they are smaller than Helenius and comparering to Helenius they didint have amateur backround at all and now where near as hard punchers
Wrong. Thompson gave Wlad a few problems because he was a skilled south paw and a long serving sparring partner, but you should also have noticed that Thompsons height aloowed Wlad to throw a wider variety of punches which doesn't bode well for Robbie.

Wlad led with a right uppercut in three consecutive exchanges. He was also able to throw an overhand right which he usually can't because of the normally shorter opponents.

Love this shit about Wlads chin getting "tested". Some of you make out that he never gets hit hard. Which is wrong. He gets hit hard in every fight. He isn't gonna fold and Robbie will get a shock when there is a heavy jab in his face all night, regardless of his reach. BTW a couple inches reach means **** all if your trying to outjab a guy with a faster, more powerful jab.

Best of Luck to Robbie but I don't like his chances.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #87
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

Quote:
The running speed of Haye/Chambers does not kill anyone. It lets them not be killed. Helenius's hand speed is as good as anyone's. He can KO with a Straight right, with left hook, with over hand right, with a hook to the body with either hand, with an uppercut of either hand. The speed is not a problem. Ability to move fast enough around the ring to catch the opponent and the stamina to maintain that for 12 rounds in the ring might be, but Robert has no issues with hand speed. It is probably best in the heavy weight division at the moment.

When was the previous time you saw a Klitschko punch a powerful uppercut/body punch that changed the rhythm of a fight?
They don't need to. Better question. When was the last time you saw a Klitschko troubled in a fight or better yet, beaten?

Get the feeling you Robbie nuthuggers are gonna be even more annoying than the Haye tragics.

Fastest hands in the division
Old 10-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #88
RazzAxx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
They don't need to. Better question. When was the last time you saw a Klitschko troubled in a fight or better yet, beaten?

Get the feeling you Robbie nuthuggers are gonna be even more annoying than the Haye tragics.

Fastest hands in the division
You probably know the answer to that question yourself... it is very easy and well documented...

RazzAxx is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #89
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
Wrong. Thompson gave Wlad a few problems because he was a skilled south paw and a long serving sparring partner, but you should also have noticed that Thompsons height aloowed Wlad to throw a wider variety of punches which doesn't bode well for Robbie.

Wlad led with a right uppercut in three consecutive exchanges. He was also able to throw an overhand right which he usually can't because of the normally shorter opponents.

Love this shit about Wlads chin getting "tested". Some of you make out that he never gets hit hard. Which is wrong. He gets hit hard in every fight. He isn't gonna fold and Robbie will get a shock when there is a heavy jab in his face all night, regardless of his reach. BTW a couple inches reach means **** all if your trying to outjab a guy with a faster, more powerful jab.

Best of Luck to Robbie but I don't like his chances.
Do you honestly believe that Height is not meaning a lot how wlad was that succeed? Without this size he would be lost many times. He's really skilled technically, but if his size would be something like 188 cm he would be ko'ed atleast a couple times ( his chin fales him.Attila Levin atleast admit that). Okei, meaning was same Ali, Lewis..etc, they were in their time big/tall heavyweight's

Wladimir can't hold Helenius only his jab, even that's superior vs Helenius jab

I've been notorius fan of Klitschko's since they turning pro, when 99% people laughed European boxer's and Klitschko's,but i just knew they have natural skill's and they go far.

I just say'ed that if (when ) the fight's with Klitschko's come.. you are amazed what will happening
Old 10-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #90
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

Quote:
You probably know the answer to that question yourself... it is very easy and well documented...

Um that was the point of my post.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum