Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
aus-boxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 414
vCash: 75
Default Zappa To Fight In A Cage

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Australian boxer, Lenny Zappavigna (25-2-0) will make his first appearance in a cage early 2012. Lenny has lost his last 2 boxing fights against Miguel Vazquez for the IBF Lightweight title followed by being stopped by Ameth Diaz of Panama in an eliminator for the IBF world title.

The 24 year old is currently training at Elite Fight Gym in Penrith with his first MMA fight expected to be early next year.
aus-boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,095
vCash: 346
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Wow, bit suprized by this. I think its a step in the wrong direction for Lenny. He would make more money and have more success imo if he stuck with boxing. Its a shame to see such a talent wasted. I think MMA will chew him up and spit him out pretty dam fast, its nothing like boxing and his boxing skills wont help him that much, as soon as his opponents know he is a former pro boxer who fought for world titles they will take him down, they wont even try stand up with him and this is where Lenny wont do well. It takes yrs to learn the skills required to be succesful in MMA.

Because he has already had pro boxing experiance he wont be classed as a novice, he will be straight in with the pro MMA fighters, ive got videos/DVDs of the circuits getting around in VIC and its pretty brutal stuff. Most of the guys who fight and can box get stoped via tap out while they are on the ground.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 AM   #3
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

why why why? hes an entertaining boxer who has already fought over the states twice, cant believe he would make this choice, goodluck to him but stick to what you know i reckon and perfect it!
maco_187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
andoshow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 404
vCash: 75
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Wow, bit suprized by this. I think its a step in the wrong direction for Lenny. He would make more money and have more success imo if he stuck with boxing. Its a shame to see such a talent wasted. I think MMA will chew him up and spit him out pretty dam fast, its nothing like boxing and his boxing skills wont help him that much, as soon as his opponents know he is a former pro boxer who fought for world titles they will take him down, they wont even try stand up with him and this is where Lenny wont do well. It takes yrs to learn the skills required to be succesful in MMA.

Because he has already had pro boxing experiance he wont be classed as a novice, he will be straight in with the pro MMA fighters, ive got videos/DVDs of the circuits getting around in VIC and its pretty brutal stuff. Most of the guys who fight and can box get stoped via tap out while they are on the ground.
Is there such thing as pro based Aussies who make a living fighting on the local scene??as i no **** all about aussie mma scene,didnt know one exsisted only shit ive seen is local stuff at the local rsl!! Im tipping there'd be alot more coin for him in boxing!!
andoshow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 AM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,095
vCash: 346
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoshow View Post
Is there such thing as pro based Aussies who make a living fighting on the local scene??as i no **** all about aussie mma scene,didnt know one exsisted only shit ive seen is local stuff at the local rsl!! Im tipping there'd be alot more coin for him in boxing!!
Might be a publicity stunt because your spot on. Even the circuits getting around in VIC pay very little money. The money for MMA is in USA and even then you are contracted to the UFC, you dont get to pick and choose who you fight, you fight who they match you with.

His only hope MMA wise would be if he fights in USA on a UFC show and they love him and want him back every UFC show etc. Atleast with boxing he could have fought a few warmup fights on his own promotion, made some money and then had another crack, he is still young so this honestly dont make any cents and it certianly dont make him alot of money!

I really do think its a publicity stunt tbh!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 AM   #6
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,628
vCash: 166
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Still young..no reason why he can't give this a go and come back to boxing in a couple of years..I just dont really see the point
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 AM   #7
pegson123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

he better learn to stay on his feet. and unless he fights a can. pure boxing dont work well in mma. kj noons for example.
pegson123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #8
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

I wish Lenny Zappa all the best in his cage career. But I'm not sure it's really what he should be doing. Still he's young and might come back refreshed and refocussed.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #9
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Tcboxa has pretty much summed it up.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #10
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Tcboxa has pretty much summed it up.
It could be just a publicity thing PIRA. For some reason I just don't see him thriving in the octagon.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,517
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Lenny's a nice kid but would get knocked the **** out in a cage.

Why not come back and train down for a fight with Ranee Ganoy?

135lbs or 140lbs, make no difference.

I agree with TC, wait till the MMA guys get him on the ground, it's not as if Lenny had renowned footwork so he won't exactly be a hard target for them to track down!

**** the cage though, Lenny Zapp vs. Ranee Ganoy is the fight of fights!
Contendo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 AM   #12
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
It could be just a publicity thing PIRA. For some reason I just don't see him thriving in the octagon.


The WTF boxing thread in the MMA forum may be eerily similar.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #13
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post


The WTF boxing thread in the MMA forum may be eerily similar.


Have you seen the shorts for the JWP doco yet PIRA? Looks bloody awesome. I'll see if I can post them in MMA.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #14
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

stupid thing to do, No money in it and it will take him years to get to top level. He will be back in boxing with in a year.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #15
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 75
Default Re: Zappa To Fight In A Cage

What about his ponytail?
old man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013