Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #16
Liechhardt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Trent Broadhurst KO'D

great win for Rob Berridge, great guy to work with, easy going, and a real fighter.100% balls.
Liechhardt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Yeah TC whack it up please. Had to go to work so I missed the main. Yeah PJ I believe he was signed with Gary Shaw. Hopefully he learns a lot from the fight.
Np, will throw it up soon and post back.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #18
thamask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liechhardt View Post
great win for Rob Berridge, great guy to work with, easy going, and a real fighter.100% balls.
Agree 100%
thamask is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #19
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

The count was approx 14 seconds btw. Someones going to come charging in telling me its the refs count that matters, whilst this is correct i dont agree with giving a fighter 14 seconds to make the count, its 10 seconds and if you count slow then you shouldnt be in a boxing ring as a proffesional offical in that capacity, 10 seconds is given for a reason, if you cant recover by then its not safe to contuine, thus they dont give fighters 20 second counts or 14 second counts and this rot needs to stop, time and time again we see the local home town fighter being given a slow count, this has occured to Burridge whilst fighting in AUS twice now, once against Foley and now against Broadhurst.

If they cant count right and know its a problem then fix it up, we dont live in the stone ages anymore and there just simply is no excuse for that sht in a proffesional sport such as boxing, why dont they have someone on the table whos assisting the count via looking at a farkn clock.

If we agree with the backslappers , a 10 count is infact at the discretion of the referee, he can count as slow as he likes or as fast as he likes? is that it? farkn 20 second count or a 5 second count? lol i dont buy it, its not a mistake, its done on purpose and is a black eye on the sport and implys corruption, which is correct. Corrupt officals need to be ousted out of this sport.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #20
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k73Ctd2Hlec[/ame]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 AM   #21
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Not wrong about trent jumping around only a few seconds after the ref waved off the fight, WTF?

The kiwi didn't look to have much gas left, trent should have tried to box it out for the last rounds
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #22
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

tell those woman fighting what a jab is and its purpose please. far too scrappy and hard to watch
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #23
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right View Post
tell those woman fighting what a jab is and its purpose please. far too scrappy and hard to watch
What, you prefer a one handed fighter with no power throwing only jabs to win while hiding in a shell defence? Winky sure was easy to watch
Southpaw vs orthodox fights usually cancel out each others jabs
lefty is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #24
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thanks TC
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #25
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

broadhust has no power, hes slick and got all the moves but the heart wasnt in that fight last night, the fact he was up and jumping around a short time after and that after getting dropped he shook his head to say asif i give up, hes not going further then aus level thats for sure
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 06:50 AM   #26
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

mate they just did not work the jab. jab is a first line of both attack and defence. they just kept on coming in trying to throw combinations which turned into brawling.

I know its easy to sit here and say. But boxing 101 is the jab all night long, everything works off the jab.

Winky was a superb master boxer. hands up, solid feet, everything behind the jab.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
What, you prefer a one handed fighter with no power throwing only jabs to win while hiding in a shell defence? Winky sure was easy to watch
Southpaw vs orthodox fights usually cancel out each others jabs
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #27
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
Thanks TC
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thanks TC? Must be a simple forum if Ty gets thanks for adding a everyday boxing link...
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #28
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million View Post
Thanks TC? Must be a simple forum if Ty gets thanks for adding a everyday boxing link...
Boxrec & I always appreciate contributions. I'm sure Berridge & Broadhust will appreciate it in years to come.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #29
patrick
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
The count was approx 14 seconds btw. Someones going to come charging in telling me its the refs count that matters, whilst this is correct i dont agree with giving a fighter 14 seconds to make the count, its 10 seconds and if you count slow then you shouldnt be in a boxing ring as a proffesional offical in that capacity, 10 seconds is given for a reason, if you cant recover by then its not safe to contuine, thus they dont give fighters 20 second counts or 14 second counts and this rot needs to stop, time and time again we see the local home town fighter being given a slow count, this has occured to Burridge whilst fighting in AUS twice now, once against Foley and now against Broadhurst.

If they cant count right and know its a problem then fix it up, we dont live in the stone ages anymore and there just simply is no excuse for that sht in a proffesional sport such as boxing, why dont they have someone on the table whos assisting the count via looking at a farkn clock.

If we agree with the backslappers , a 10 count is infact at the discretion of the referee, he can count as slow as he likes or as fast as he likes? is that it? farkn 20 second count or a 5 second count? lol i dont buy it, its not a mistake, its done on purpose and is a black eye on the sport and implys corruption, which is correct. Corrupt officals need to be ousted out of this sport.

Thanks for putting the fight up Ty. Watched it last night and again tonight
at my leisure.

I have, in the past, been critical of officials if I believe that the reasons behind their participation in the sport ane not necessarily in the best interests of boxing, but I have done that with research, not speculation.

I'm not waving a flag for Steve Marshall here, althoughh I have no problem with him as a referee, I'm just shaking my head over the petty bullshit you
seem to be addicted to regarding the state of boxing and officials in particular.

I've watched the fight twice now and Marshall, as far as I could see, controlled the bout effectively, made the correct calls, eg the first knockdown, yet you think that a four second discrepency in his count is not only incompetent but also has ulterior motives.

Basically Ty, you're calling the bloke a cheat.

FFS 4 seconds

I've followed your posts for quite a while now Ty, and although I haven't agreed with them all, I've respected the fact that your knowledge of the sport could be put to better use. I don't know or care where your bitterness towards the boxing evolved from, but the fact is, you're like a man standing out in the rain and complaining about getting wet.

You've called a lot of people a lot of names in the past, liars, cheats con artists etc, etc, etc but I won't call you any of them. I've finally succumbed to the general opinion of posters here.

Ty. you're an absolute f***en grub.
patrick is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #30
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right View Post
mate they just did not work the jab. jab is a first line of both attack and defence. they just kept on coming in trying to throw combinations which turned into brawling.

I know its easy to sit here and say. But boxing 101 is the jab all night long, everything works off the jab.

Winky was a superb master boxer. hands up, solid feet, everything behind the jab.
Winky was fighting little dudes hiding behind his shell and jabbing his way to points victories. Probably the most negative fighter I've ever seen. He had nothing apart from a jab.
I find it strange that you would call a couple of fighters 'women' for throwing power punches and trying to hurt each other yet you're a fan of a guy who wasn't willing to engage and had no intent on damaging his opponent...
I like skillful boxing but Winky wasn't skillful, he was a safety first fighter who found a way to win decisions without taking any risks. People seem to like him now but when he was fighting he was known as the 'King of boring'. Before Vargas he atleast tried to do different things in the ring but once he stepped up in class he came up with his hide and jab gameplan. Good for him I guess, but why would anybody be a fan of a guy who deliberately looks like shit just to get the W?
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum