Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 84
Post --- Rate Amir Khan's Attributes ---

My ratings

Technical Ability - 6, He has a good jab and right hand but he is very average when it comes to technique in my opinion.

Defence - 6, he has a bad gaurds up defence, which is open to uppercuts and wide punches as Maidana demonstrated, but most part of his defence is movement and this allows him to get away without being hit to often.

Offence
- 8, I think he's one of the best offensive fighters currently, he has decent power and fast hands and is very good at finishing hurt opponents off, he also seems to be developing good body punches.

Footwork - 7, Fast footwork but lacks good technique, as evident in him being closed down by Maidana.

Accuracy - 6, He goes for quantity rather than qaulity most of the time - as a result his accuracy does seem to suffer.

Power
- 7, When he sits down on his punches he has good power his constant movement means that he often throws punches without full power behind them

Speed - 10, in my opinion top 3 P4P fastest hands currently. Roach + sparring partners have both said in the past he has faster hands than Pacquiao.

Versatility - 7, He is able to both box and brawl. He boxed beautifully behind the jab vs Mallinaggi and was able to be more aggressive against judah and maidana.

Stamina - 8, Seems to sometimes tire in the later rounds and his speed reduces but he is able to find a seconds wind. He is constantly improving in this department under Ariza.

Heart
- 10, never see him quitting - comparitively to Ortiz he was more hurt vs Maidana but still stayed up. Micky Ward also stated khan has a great fighting heart

Chin - 6, I expect low scores here on the majority-but although he's been dropped 4 times he has never touched the canvas once at 140 and maidana landed bombs but couldn't put him down.

Physical Attributes -
9, this isn't just how he measures up on tape, this is how he uses his height and reach advantages - for example P Williams on paper has great pysical attributes but he doesn't use thos aadvantages hence he wouldn't be ranked highly.

Overall

Some attributes are missing though such as Cut/Swelling resistance and Corner (Roach).

Rate Khans attributes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEz-T8zKj1E&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited by KO-KING; 11-20-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Added Footwork and Physical Atributes.
KO-KING is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Derrick_Rose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: --- Rate Amir Khan's Attributes ---

Personality : 0!
Derrick_Rose is offline  Top
Old 10-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Chin- 0

MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_Rose View Post
Personality : 0!
i would disagree, you might not like his personality but he keeps you talking about him.
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Chin- 0

Am shocked.
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 06:14 AM   #6
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Defence - 6

Offence - 8.5

Accuracy - 6.5

Power - 6.5

Speed - 10

Versatility - 6

Stamina - 7

Heart - 9

Chin - 4
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 AM   #7
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
My ratings

Technical Ability - 6, He has a good jab and right hand but he is very average when it comes to technique in my opinion.

Defence - 6, he has a bad gaurds up defence, which is open to uppercuts and wide punches as Maidana demonstrated, but most part of his defence is movement and this allows him to get away without being hit to often.

Offence
- 8, I think he's one of the best offensive fighters currently, he has decent power and fast hands and is very good at finishing hurt opponents off, he also seems to be developing good body punches.

Accuracy - 6, He goes for quantity rather than qaulity most of the time - as a result his accuracy does seem to suffer.

Power
- 7, When he sits down on his punches he has good power his constant movement means that he often throws punches without full power behind them

Speed - 10, in my opinion top 3 P4P fastest hands currently. Roach + sparring partners have both said in the past he has faster hands than Pacquiao.

Versatility - 7, He is able to both box and brawl. He boxed beautifully behind the jab vs Mallinaggi and was able to be more aggressive against judah and maidana.

Stamina - 8, Seems to sometimes tire in the later rounds and his speed reduces but he is able to find a seconds wind. He is constantly improving in this department under Ariza.

Heart
- 10, never see him quitting - comparitively to Ortiz he was more hurt vs Maidana but still stayed up. Micky Ward also stated khan has a great fighting heart

Chin - 6, I expect low scores here on the majority-but although he's been dropped 4 times he has never touched the canvas once at 140 and maidana landed bombs but couldn't put him down.

Overall

Some attributes are missing though such as Height/Reach, Cut/Swelling resistance and Corner (Roach).

Rate Khans attributes
i think his chin has improved a lot, from say 4, due to added weight, training, conditioning.
i think his technique is not going to improve unless he improves his ability to take punches and/or defense.
it will always be, come in land his flurries, get out. rinse repeat. because he needs to protect his chin.

otherwise, spot on!
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
i think his chin has improved a lot, from say 4, due to added weight, training, conditioning.
i think his technique is not going to improve unless he improves his ability to take punches and/or defense.
it will always be, come in land his flurries, get out. rinse repeat. because he needs to protect his chin.

otherwise, spot on!
with experience i think his defence will improve. He still often reaches for his punches
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 07:03 AM   #9
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

Quote:
with experience i think his defence will improve. He still often reaches for his punches
i hope he improves his chin and power at 147. i wann see him snap floyd's head with those stinging jabs.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889

Quote:
My ratings

Technical Ability - 6 7, He has a good jab and right hand but he is very average when it comes to technique in my opinion.

Offence

Power

Heart

Overall

Some attributes are missing though such as Height/Reach, Cut/Swelling resistance and Corner (Roach).

Rate Khans attributes
Nice thread!

the bold 1 i put in is the only 1 i disagree with

maybe a 7 for chin now as well, since he has been with ariza he has never been down
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

His chin has / will improve more as he reaches his optimum weight.
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
he looks like a ww
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
I hope so

Who do you think his first fight will be against at 147? (if he wins his next fight and moves up)
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #14
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook! View Post
Nice thread!

the bold 1 i put in is the only 1 i disagree with

maybe a 7 for chin now as well, since he has been with ariza he has never been down
he was badly hurt by maidana, personally i think his chin is average. It might improve as he goes up to 147, in the way cotto's chin improved
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #15
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

Quote:
he was badly hurt by maidana, personally i think his chin is average. It might improve as he goes up to 147, in the way cotto's chin improved
Yeah he was hurt but he took a lot of good shots, I think Ortiz went down from less punishment from Maidana. IMO 6.5 is fair for now No one can question his heart though
Hook! is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum