Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Theon

vCash: 500
Default Tempo for Manny vs Floyd if they fight

Pac fans will argue Pac will win and Floyd will argue Floyd will win if they fight so I dont want to get into just another Pac vs Floyd thread. However both sides would probably agree a faster tempo fight favors Pac and a slower tempo favors Floyd. So this is a question regarding tempo which I believe would be a main factor on who would win. Specifically what are your opinions on at what punch output per round would favor Pacquaio? I would say it would take at least 65-70 per round.
Theon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 01:09 AM   #2
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Tempo for Manny vs Floyd if they fight

Manny averaged 52.4 punches per round against JMM in both of their bouts, so i think it's safe to say that he'd average around 55-60 punches per round against Floyd. As far as the tempo of the fight, I think the better ring general would control it. They both have great speed, Manny is slightly faster, but Floyd has better timing.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
Manny averaged 52.4 punches per round against JMM in both of their bouts, so i think it's safe to say that he'd average around 55-60 punches per round against Floyd. As far as the tempo of the fight, I think the better ring general would control it. They both have great speed, Manny is slightly faster, but Floyd has better timing.
i admire your honest and accurate opinion. looks your a mayweather fan with some common sense. kind of hard to find those these days as well as the pac fans.
motownsiu is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
that makes no sense

Floyd has superior boxing skills to Juan, he would lower down emmanuel's output more than Juan does
Leon is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownsiu View Post
i admire your honest and accurate opinion. looks your a mayweather fan with some common sense. kind of hard to find those these days as well as the pac fans.
he sugar coating instead of spelling out

"the better ring general would control it"

obviously Floyd no one out thinks him
Leon is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Theon

Quote:
Thanks and I agree. But is their an output level where you would say it would favor one over the other? If they are punching 20-30 per round I would say Floyd would be controling and winning the figth but if they had a slugfest of 100 per round that tempo should favor Manny and perhaps negate some of Floyds advantages.
Theon is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:26 AM   #7
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
he sugar coating instead of spelling out

"the better ring general would control it"

obviously Floyd no one out thinks him
the only thing worries me about pac is his jab. as roger said you need to jab to beat his newphew. there's still a chance that if floyd taste pac's power he might be shy.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:27 AM   #8
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theon View Post
Thanks and I agree. But is their an output level where you would say it would favor one over the other? If they are punching 20-30 per round I would say Floyd would be controling and winning the figth but if they had a slugfest of 100 per round that tempo should favor Manny and perhaps negate some of Floyds advantages.

Manny isn't going to throw 100 punches per round against Floyd like he threw against Clottey. Clottey barely move and simply stood there to let Manny threw his barrage. Floyd can move, and set traps for Manny rushing in. There's no way they would throw 20-30 punches per round, that would be very Clottey-esque. As i said, I can see Manny averaging 55-60 punches against Floyd, while Floyd would average 40 punches per round. At the end of the day, it's all about how constantly you land your punches.

Last edited by PBF24; 10-30-2011 at 01:57 AM.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
the only thing worries me about pac is his jab. as roger said you need to jab to beat his newphew. there's still a chance that if floyd taste pac's power he might be shy.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Leon is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #10
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

you comparing pac to judah?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #11
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Floyd would be hesitate like he always does against every opponents that he has faced. He's not going to go all balls out on his opponent/s recklessly, he still do things patiently even though he's clearly winning his rounds comfortably.As far as Manny's jab, he has no chance of landing it accurately and consistently on Floyd for 12 rounds. Floyd still limited JMM's jab, and we can all agree that JMM is a more accurate jabber than Manny. Manny can win the fight, but stylistically, Floyd has the bigger upper edge.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #12
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
you comparing pac to judah?
here some old stats

Morales landed 33% of his jab totaling at 96 out of 303, and emmanuel only 10% or 34 out of 349.

Floyd only threw 210 jabs against Mosley but landed 85 of them (40%) or only 11 less than Morales, despite throwing 93 less.

Ortiz didn't even land a single jab on Floyd in their last fight. Floyd's left hand isn't going to let any southpaw jabs land unless they belong to Pernell Whitaker. emmanuel's jab won't be a factor in the fight.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #13
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
that makes no sense

Floyd has superior boxing skills to Juan, he would lower down emmanuel's output more than Juan does

I do agree that Floyd is an all-around better Boxer than JMM, but it's all about styles. While Floyd won't get hit as nearly as much as JMM got hit at a consistent basis against Manny, Floyd won't throw as nearly as many punches as JMM threw against Manny either. But the big difference between Floyd and JMM are the levels of their punching accuracy, Floyd doesn't need to throw much to land enough punches to wins fights; whereas JMM needs to throw significantly more punches total in order to land the same amount of punches as Floyd would land.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 01:43 AM   #14
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
here some old stats

Morales landed 33% of his jab totaling at 96 out of 303, and emmanuel only 10% or 34 out of 349.

Floyd only threw 210 jabs against Mosley but landed 85 of them (40%) or only 11 less than Morales, despite throwing 93 less.

Ortiz didn't even land a single jab on Floyd in their last fight. Floyd's left hand isn't going to let any southpaw jabs land unless they belong to Pernell Whitaker. emmanuel's jab won't be a factor in the fight.
i never said pac's got a good jab or effective jab. if anything i said i worry that he won't jab and roger has said you need a great jab to beat his nephew. and the pac that fought morales is completely different than the current one, mosley also never had a good jab to begin with. as an elite fighter mosley's jab sucks, he gives you a slight added motion with his elbows before throwing it.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you really look at it, Manny would have to be really dependent of landing his power punches at a consistent basis because that's all he'd have to work with since Floyd would limit his jabs landing.
PBF24 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum