Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #31
Seckah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tempo for Manny vs Floyd if they fight

A lot of people think Pac will throw 50 punches a round on Floyd you got to be crazy if you believe that 30 at the most and a lot of those will be punches not landing. I see this fight going with Floyd stepping back and countering Pac and throwing the right each time Pac set ups which will make Pac fight backwards that will make it seem as Floyd is stalking Pac in the middle to late rounds.....
Seckah is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 AM   #32
Hecdog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Forget about it. The fight will never happen. Manny's style, power, Speed, southpaw stance and endurance is way too much for Floyd to take a chance on. Pacquiaos style is too hard to figure out. Ask his past opponents. The guy is special, and if Mayweather had the guts to step in the ring with him, his biggest fears would come to reality, and he would get his 2nd loss (Castillo beat him the first time). Do you think Mayweather would lay against the ropes as he always does against Pacquiao? Hell no, he would feel the power and run the rest of the fight. If Mosely hurt him badly, what do you thin Pacquiao would do. He is a FAST southpaw with brutalizing power. He ain't going to run out of gas, an he can take a punch. Too bad the fight will never happen because Mayeather is a coward!
Hecdog is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #33
Seckah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecdog View Post
Forget about it. The fight will never happen. Manny's style, power, Speed, southpaw stance and endurance is way too much for Floyd to take a chance on. Pacquiaos style is too hard to figure out. Ask his past opponents. The guy is special, and if Mayweather had the guts to step in the ring with him, his biggest fears would come to reality, and he would get his 2nd loss (Castillo beat him the first time). Do you think Mayweather would lay against the ropes as he always does against Pacquiao? Hell no, he would feel the power and run the rest of the fight. If Mosely hurt him badly, what do you thin Pacquiao would do. He is a FAST southpaw with brutalizing power. He ain't going to run out of gas, an he can take a punch. Too bad the fight will never happen because Mayeather is a coward!
Seckah is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #34
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I know Floyd generally doesn't bother much with his jab against southpaws since his right hand is ATG, rights are the southpaw killer, and his right lands so easily, but I think emmanuel has some traits that can make the jab attractive. emmanuel will be the shortest southpaw Floyd has ever beat up.
Yeah. Floyd usually use his jab more as measuring stick against southpaws, but he still throw it to land it at times. But that's what make Floyd a very special Boxer because he changes things in between rounds instead of using the same strategy for 12 rounds.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 AM   #35
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecdog View Post

At least describe the fighting strategies that Manny would use, but instead your post just screams out "emotional fanboy".
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:53 AM   #36
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
He's just as dependent on his reflexes as Manny is dependent on his speed and power.
im just saying anyone can think, once you are in the ring, its mostly instincts, reactions. and floyd is on the top of the food chain in that department.

he relies on his reflexes to bait his opponents, to be more offensive, once they make mistakes he capitalizes on them.

lately, he relies more in his defense than pure reflexes.

i think, mannys chin and stamina is what allows him to do what he does.

of course his speed and power is given. but in terms of how he uses his speed and power, how he fights -specially in the early part of his carreer- where hed go in there with wild abandon.

he knows that even if he makes mistakes, his chin will hold up.
and he knows he can do it for 12 rounds.

its very much like margarito (not necessarily their style but WHAT allows them to do their style), except much slower.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #37
DBLOCK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theon View Post
Pac fans will argue Pac will win and Floyd will argue Floyd will win if they fight so I dont want to get into just another Pac vs Floyd thread. However both sides would probably agree a faster tempo fight favors Pac and a slower tempo favors Floyd. So this is a question regarding tempo which I believe would be a main factor on who would win. Specifically what are your opinions on at what punch output per round would favor Pacquaio? I would say it would take at least 65-70 per round.
i agree.about 70 would be what he'd need.i don't think he'd have that output vs floyd though.
DBLOCK is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 03:02 AM   #38
slantone
Ring General
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2204

floyd is a master at slowing the fight to his pace, tying up whenever the fighters get too close for his liking or near the ropes, and stalling with elbows, darting out of distance til he can as he says, hit and not get hit. i think if they fight- he takes NO CHANCES, and just jabs and ****s off, or straight rights and ties up.

of course manny is a jackrabbit and a master of dictating his tempo also, making the other guy move up to his pace, to his heartrate- and making them engage..

i dunno , been debating it here and in my head for 3 years now. ****.
slantone is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #39
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

While Manny attacks with a fast 8 punch Combo, Floyd will throw ONE fast unpredictable jab and the shock of the punch, will catch Pac off gaurd...I think he will stand there and slow Pac down, sort of how Mccloskey did Khan in the first few rounds...OR...Floyd willdo the SAME thing while moving away...Floyd's movement will take away from Pac's ability to throw combos since you cant hit something thats not close enough to land...I see Pac stalking Floyd without a plan nor purpouse....Once Pac gets frustrated his lateral movement, angles, unpredictabilty from punches will all vanish like it did in the Mosley fight and he will throw wild looping punches and start "cramping up"(His excuse)..From that point on I see Floyd dominating easily,,The fight will be fast pace with Floyd moving constantly, or slow Pace with Floyd standing there with the right hand tucked like a serpant's tongue....BUT I dont see Floyd using the right hand as much for some reason
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #40
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uckaPunch41510 View Post
Hatton & Cotto are the only fighters to taste
the canvas from a pac right hand
thats how you kno slob arums talkin out the sideof his neck

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

lol. its not pac;s right. its mind game from arum. pac is going to hurt you with the right enough to distrat you so he can land his left. all these tricks that pac do, they are just distractions. however, these tricks can hurt you if you dont pay attention. once its gets your attention, boom he sneaks his left.

floyd won be able to watch pac's left all night because he is going to get tagged by pac's right.

dont get me wrong, i favor floyd by a small margin because in this matchup, he has the reach advantage.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:34 AM   #41
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
While Manny attacks with a fast 8 punch Combo, Floyd will throw ONE fast unpredictable jab and the shock of the punch, will catch Pac off gaurd...I think he will stand there and slow Pac down, sort of how Mccloskey did Khan in the first few rounds...OR...Floyd willdo the SAME thing while moving away...Floyd's movement will take away from Pac's ability to throw combos since you cant hit something thats not close enough to land...I see Pac stalking Floyd without a plan nor purpouse....Once Pac gets frustrated his lateral movement, angles, unpredictabilty from punches will all vanish like it did in the Mosley fight and he will throw wild looping punches and start "cramping up"(His excuse)..From that point on I see Floyd dominating easily,,The fight will be fast pace with Floyd moving constantly, or slow Pace with Floyd standing there with the right hand tucked like a serpant's tongue....BUT I dont see Floyd using the right hand as much for some reason
i think you study pac a bit more.
manny doesnt attack with fast 8 combo just because he wants to.

if you stand infront of him, he will teee off on you. if he backs you in a corner, he will land his flurries.

floyd dont throw unpredictable jabs because he wants to throw them. he thows them with purpose, and it wont shock pac.

he will be throwing jabs to control the distance, and he will NOT stand there, he will moving, circling, jabbing controling the distance.

you are crazy if you think floyd stands there shoulder rolling pac's punches. if floyd decides to stop moving and engage he will be on high guard.

in the mosley fight, he cant stalk mosley with wild abandon because, like pac said, it was dangerous because of mosleys right hand. mosley has the ability to hurt pac, if he can time pac. floyd doesnt possess that kind of power in his right. stalking floyd isnt the same as stalking mosley.

yes you are right, floyd wont be using too much right hand lead, because if pac can time it, it;s over. but he will do enuff, if he does, it will be right and clinch.

i think there will be a lot of clinching from floyd in this fight. in dont think he will allow pac to the cornet like he allowd ortiz. if he does, im not sure he can survive. once pac hurt him, he will on survival mode ala mosely minus the power of right hand.

floyd best chance is control the distance with the jab, circling, moving. occasional right hand and clinch. if pac comes in, counter and clinch, instead of shoulder roll. dont allow pac to back him up.

Last edited by sunnn; 10-30-2011 at 04:48 AM.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:52 AM   #42
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
Against JMM in both bouts: Manny averaged just 3.7 Jabs landed per round out of 30 jabs thrown per round.[12%]
manny doesnt jab anymore, hardly. if throws, more like to gauge the distance. most of his punches are power punches. floyd wont be able to focus wihich punch to avoid, because most of them are power punches.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #43
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
i think you study pac a bit more.
manny doesnt attack with fast 8 combo just because he wants to.

if you stand infront of him, he will teee off on you. if he backs you in a corner, he will land his flurries.

floyd dont throw unpredictable jabs because he wants to throw them. he thows them with purpose, and it wont shock pac.

he will be throwing jabs to control the distance, and he will NOT stand there, he will moving, circling, jabbing controling the distance.

you are crazy if you think floyd stands there shoulder rolling pac's punches. if floyd decides to stop moving and engage he will be on high guard.

in the mosley fight, he cant stalk mosley with wild abandon because, like pac said, it was dangerous because of mosleys right hand. mosley has the ability to hurt pac, if he can time pac. floyd doesnt possess that kind of power in his right. stalking floyd isnt the same as stalking mosley.

yes you are right, floyd wont be using too much right hand lead, because if pac can time it, it;s over. but he will do enuff, if he does, it will be right and clinch.

i think there will be a lot of clinching from floyd in this fight. in dont think he will allow pac to the cornet like he allowd ortiz. if he does, im not sure he can survive. once pac hurt him, he will on survival mode ala mosely minus the power of right hand.

floyd best chance is control the distance with the jab, circling, moving. occasional right hand and clinch. if pac comes in, counter and clinch, instead of shoulder roll. dont allow pac to back him up.
When I said Unpredictable jabs, I meant that Floyd throws them while ur not expecting them...He will anticipate Pac coming in with his flurries, Lean in toward Pac's punches, and he will shoot it like a sniper...Pac's punches will stop in front of Floyd, and Floyd's jab will land!
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #44
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

I thought this could be useful

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #45
mrjotatp4p