vCash: 75
Default Re: Tempo for Manny vs Floyd if they fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I thought this could be useful

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
good point

Floyd landed the majority of the meaningful shots in that fight too

I don't think Floyd will let emmanuel have that kind of workrate when Floyd beats him up though. Chavez was swarming getting up on Floyd with the inside, something emmanuel dunno how to do. Floyd knows not to let emmanuel throw that much since the spectators cheers can influence the judges.
Leon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #47
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
good point

Floyd landed the majority of the meaningful shots in that fight too

I don't think Floyd will let emmanuel have that kind of workrate when Floyd beats him up though. Chavez was swarming getting up on Floyd with the inside, something emmanuel dunno how to do. Floyd knows not to let emmanuel throw that much since the spectators cheers can influence the judges.
ya and the crowd will be rooting for Pac, so any meaningless blocked flurry could get scored for him
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #48
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

1-2 feeling out
2-4 pac getting some good moments with Mayweather having some good counters
5-6 pac closing in with a lot of nice shots on mayweather, mayweather focusing more on defense as the shots are overwhelming senses danger
7-8 KO
Doc is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #49
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The tempo is going to be dictated at Floyds pace. His defense will dictate Pacquiaos offense. Floyds incoming will also dictate how Pacquiao attacks. Pacquiaos offense will be reduced tremendously.

Pacquiao is going to have to land hard early to get Floyd aggressive, and even then, Floyd is great at offense when he wants to be. Pacquiao hurting Floyd if he can will not make Floyd gun shy and my proof is that when Floyd is hurt, he comes back even stronger that same round or the next.

This will be a greater win for Pacquiao than it will be for Floyd.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #50
Fat Moe
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

its gonna be a boring feint fest guaranteed.
Fat Moe is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #51
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I see Manny landing 90-100 of his power punches. So that's all he'd have to work with, but it won't be enough.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #52
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 12201

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
Manny averaged 52.4 punches per round against JMM in both of their bouts, so i think it's safe to say that he'd average around 55-60 punches per round against Floyd. As far as the tempo of the fight, I think the better ring general would control it. They both have great speed, Manny is slightly faster, but Floyd has better timing.
If anything Pacs output would be a tad lower, Floyds a bigger Marquez in terms of counter punching so the size difference between him and JMM would play into it. I see pac coming in early with an onslaught and getting caught himself then slowing the pace down to think of where his punches are going to go.

Its why I want to see the fight as they are the only two fighters outside Martinez who can beat each other.
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #53
blur
WLADGLASSJAW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

yeah yeah yeah floyd will make manny look amateurish!

but hey, why is floyd not fighting manny again when manny has agreed to the fcking blood testing?
blur is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #54
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

floyd will try to make it really ugly, pac will try to blitz floyd.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 03:35 AM   #55
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
“It’s a complicated game plan I was beginning to put together. You look at the way Floyd fights. If you put pressure on him, on the ropes, he rolls and ducks, and counters and if you get too aggressive, he’ll walk you so cleverly onto a counter punch. He’s not the most offensive fighter, not the most entertaining fighter, but he is great at what he does.”

“Do we have to be ready for all of it ? Yes. It’s going to be a real, real, mental fight, and this is 100 per cent the biggest challenge Manny Pacquiao has ever faced.” - Freddie Roach
So yes, Manny would fight at a slower pace compared to how he fought Clottey and Margarito. He would basically be more patient and think more, all in which would suit to Floyd's advantage more.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 03:49 AM   #56
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
The tempo is going to be dictated at Floyds pace. His defense will dictate Pacquiaos offense. Floyds incoming will also dictate how Pacquiao attacks. Pacquiaos offense will be reduced tremendously.

Pacquiao is going to have to land hard early to get Floyd aggressive, and even then, Floyd is great at offense when he wants to be. Pacquiao hurting Floyd if he can will not make Floyd gun shy and my proof is that when Floyd is hurt, he comes back even stronger that same round or the next.

This will be a greater win for Pacquiao than it will be for Floyd.

His defense will dictate Pacquiaos offense

disagree. floyd will reduce pac's offense by being offensive more himself and clinching, delaying tactics, etc, etc. i cant imagine floyd shoulder-rolling pac, or high-guarding him.

first minute of the first round, we will know if pac can get to floyd at will without eating a lot of counters.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 AM   #57
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
I see Manny landing 90-100 of his power punches. So that's all he'd have to work with, but it won't be enough.
are you crazy? how many mosley landed flush? ortiz?

one punch from pac in the 3rd changed mosley's strategy the whole fight.

floyd will prolly looking for 5-10-15 at most power punches landing flush on him in this fight.

pac's gets about 20 or more and the complexion of the fight will quickly change from competitive to survival for floyd. and pac stalking relentlessly.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #58
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRuBerPosteR View Post
are you crazy? how many mosley landed flush? ortiz?

one punch from pac in the 3rd changed mosley's strategy the whole fight.

floyd will prolly looking for 5-10-15 at most power punches landing flush on him in this fight.

pac's gets about 20 or more and the complexion of the fight will quickly change from competitive to survival for floyd. and pac stalking relentlessly.

Do you honestly think Manny would average around 15 power punches land per round against Floyd? That 180 power punches enough to secure him a UD. Manny only averaged 9.0 power punches landed per round against a lesser defensive Boxer like JMM; so what makes you think he'd capable to averaging much more against a far more better defensive technician like Floyd?
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 04:29 AM   #59
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
Do you honestly think Manny would average around 15 power punches land per round against Floyd? That 180 power punches enough to secure him a UD. Manny only averaged 9.0 power punches landed per round against a lesser defensive Boxer like JMM; so what makes you think he'd capable to averaging much more against a far more better defensive technician like Floyd?
lol.
im saying floyd is looking to reduce pac landing flush power shots, in the 5-15 range the WHOLE FIGHT.

i mean wtf, 90-100 pwer punches from pac...are you crazy? floyd will be in coma if pac landed that much power punches now.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 AM   #60
danieljenkins
Contender
ESB Senior Member

What ever pace floyd wants to fight at
danieljenkins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum