leone25
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tempo for Manny vs Floyd if they fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
that makes no sense

Floyd has superior boxing skills to Juan, he would lower down emmanuel's output more than Juan does
Jmm goes toe to toe againts pac to throw his combinations. Floyd doesnt have the courage to do that
leone25 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #62
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljenkins View Post
What ever pace floyd wants to fight at AND STILL SCORING ENOUGH POINTS TO WIN THE ROUND AND/OR FIGHT.
except pac the ability and has shown in the past, that he can impose his own offense on anyone.

mosley fought on his own pace, what happened?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:54 AM   #63
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Floyd will slow Pac's tempo right down, he'll miss get countered and start thinking about what to do, that's when Floyd potshots him from distance sliding off to the side without getting hit. If that happens a few times early Pacman will be out the fight
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 08:45 AM   #64
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I thought this could be useful

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sure Jesus Chavez = Manny Pacquiao They are the same size though and if Pacquiao lands 182 punches on Floyd, he's in trouble.
motorcity is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #65
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
I see Manny landing 90-100 of his power punches. So that's all he'd have to work with, but it won't be enough.

That's all he needs given it only takes 2 consecutive punches to stun Mayweather.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #66
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRuBerPosteR View Post
are you crazy? how many mosley landed flush? ortiz?

one punch from pac in the 3rd changed mosley's strategy the whole fight.

floyd will prolly looking for 5-10-15 at most power punches landing flush on him in this fight.

pac's gets about 20 or more and the complexion of the fight will quickly change from competitive to survival for floyd. and pac stalking relentlessly.

My point exactly, what they don't realize is Pacquiao don't need to land many punches to change the mood of the fight. He just needs to find a way to land enough FLUSH punches.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #67
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
Do you honestly think Manny would average around 15 power punches land per round against Floyd? That 180 power punches enough to secure him a UD. Manny only averaged 9.0 power punches landed per round against a lesser defensive Boxer like JMM; so what makes you think he'd capable to averaging much more against a far more better defensive technician like Floyd?

Since according to Mosley, Pacquiao only needs to be able to hit you to bruise you up, 180 Pacquiao power punches would be alot for Floyd to take given if even 20 of those are flush, Floyd's in trouble.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #68
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by leone25 View Post
Jmm goes toe to toe againts pac to throw his combinations. Floyd doesnt have the courage to do that
standing "toe to toe courageously" also gives the other guy a chance to throw
Leon is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #69
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
lol.
im saying floyd is looking to reduce pac landing flush power shots, in the 5-15 range the WHOLE FIGHT.

i mean wtf, 90-100 pwer punches from pac...are you crazy? floyd will be in coma if pac landed that much power punches now.
you have no idea what you're talking about
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #70
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

2 Shane punches and Floyd is trying to stay up. Manny lands 120 punches. We all know Manny lands at angles that make the punch hurt more. All he has to do is land 2 consecutive good ones on Floyd and if he does, Manny won't gas, or let him off the hook. That's what Floyd sees in Pacquiao. And Mosley was NEVER a one punch KO artist at welter. He usually knocked guys out with consecutive punches. So what does that say about Floyd's "iron" chin?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #71
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
didnt i just break down the fight not too long ago?
so youre saying 90-100 power punches landed by pac, flush, floyd still going to win?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #72
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
2 Shane punches and Floyd is trying to stay up. Manny lands 120 punches. We all know Manny lands at angles that make the punch hurt more. All he has to do is land 2 consecutive good ones on Floyd and if he does, Manny won't gas, or let him off the hook. That's what Floyd sees in Pacquiao. And Mosley was NEVER a one punch KO artist at welter. He usually knocked guys out with consecutive punches. So what does that say about Floyd's "iron" chin?
one shot from pac on mosley was all it took to change the complexion of the fight.

one shot from pac on cotto (round 4), was all it took for cotto to ride on his bicycle.

one shot from pac on clottey (that didnt even land, watch round 1 when clottey tried to counter), clottey never traded or countered again. he just punched when pac stopped.

i cant imagine pac landing 100 power punches on floyd and floyd is still standing.

maybe floyd fans have different assessment of his chin, i dunno.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #73
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
one shot from pac on mosley was all it took to change the complexion of the fight.

one shot from pac on cotto (round 4), was all it took for cotto to ride on his bicycle.

one shot from pac on clottey (that didnt even land, watch round 1 when clottey tried to counter), clottey never traded or countered again. he just punched when pac stopped.

i cant imagine pac landing 100 power punches on floyd and floyd is still standing.

maybe floyd fans have different assessment of his chin, i dunno.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #74
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
Quote:
didnt i just break down the fight not too long ago?
so youre saying 90-100 power punches landed by pac, flush, floyd still going to win?

According to your logic, Pac only needs to land 2 punches to win the fight.

So if Floyd lands 200 punches and Pac lands 2 then he wins

If Pac lands 100 punches like I was saying, he will lose. Just because you land a power shot, doesn't mean it's going to do a lot of damage. I think that's what has yall confused

Ortiz landed like 6 punches per round, so after 12 rounds, we can say that maybe he'd land 80 punches. If you only land 80 punches according you guys, you'll beat Floyd, but in reality you'll end up losing
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #75
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

According to your logic, Pac only needs to land 2 punches to win the fight.

So if Floyd lands 200 punches and Pac lands 2 then he wins

If Pac lands 100 punches like I was saying, he will lose. Just because you land a power shot, doesn't mean it's going to do a lot of damage. I think that's what has yall confused

Ortiz landed like 6 punches per round, so after 12 rounds, we can say that maybe he'd land 80 punches. If you only land 80 punches according you guys, you'll beat Floyd, but in reality you'll end up losing

Pac only needs to land 2 punches to either: 1. Put Floyd in survival mode or 2. Stun Floyd enough to get him out of there after the flurries that Shane didn't have. Being Floyd is likely to fight back, 2 is what is likely to happen.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum