Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #61
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 520
Default Re: Tempo for Manny vs Floyd if they fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post
Do you honestly think Manny would average around 15 power punches land per round against Floyd? That 180 power punches enough to secure him a UD. Manny only averaged 9.0 power punches landed per round against a lesser defensive Boxer like JMM; so what makes you think he'd capable to averaging much more against a far more better defensive technician like Floyd?

Since according to Mosley, Pacquiao only needs to be able to hit you to bruise you up, 180 Pacquiao power punches would be alot for Floyd to take given if even 20 of those are flush, Floyd's in trouble.
motorcity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 10:00 AM   #62
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by leone25 View Post
Jmm goes toe to toe againts pac to throw his combinations. Floyd doesnt have the courage to do that
standing "toe to toe courageously" also gives the other guy a chance to throw
Leon is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #63
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRuBerPosteR View Post
lol.
im saying floyd is looking to reduce pac landing flush power shots, in the 5-15 range the WHOLE FIGHT.

i mean wtf, 90-100 pwer punches from pac...are you crazy? floyd will be in coma if pac landed that much power punches now.
you have no idea what you're talking about
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #64
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post

2 Shane punches and Floyd is trying to stay up. Manny lands 120 punches. We all know Manny lands at angles that make the punch hurt more. All he has to do is land 2 consecutive good ones on Floyd and if he does, Manny won't gas, or let him off the hook. That's what Floyd sees in Pacquiao. And Mosley was NEVER a one punch KO artist at welter. He usually knocked guys out with consecutive punches. So what does that say about Floyd's "iron" chin?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #65
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
didnt i just break down the fight not too long ago?
so youre saying 90-100 power punches landed by pac, flush, floyd still going to win?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #66
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
2 Shane punches and Floyd is trying to stay up. Manny lands 120 punches. We all know Manny lands at angles that make the punch hurt more. All he has to do is land 2 consecutive good ones on Floyd and if he does, Manny won't gas, or let him off the hook. That's what Floyd sees in Pacquiao. And Mosley was NEVER a one punch KO artist at welter. He usually knocked guys out with consecutive punches. So what does that say about Floyd's "iron" chin?
one shot from pac on mosley was all it took to change the complexion of the fight.

one shot from pac on cotto (round 4), was all it took for cotto to ride on his bicycle.

one shot from pac on clottey (that didnt even land, watch round 1 when clottey tried to counter), clottey never traded or countered again. he just punched when pac stopped.

i cant imagine pac landing 100 power punches on floyd and floyd is still standing.

maybe floyd fans have different assessment of his chin, i dunno.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #67
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
one shot from pac on mosley was all it took to change the complexion of the fight.

one shot from pac on cotto (round 4), was all it took for cotto to ride on his bicycle.

one shot from pac on clottey (that didnt even land, watch round 1 when clottey tried to counter), clottey never traded or countered again. he just punched when pac stopped.

i cant imagine pac landing 100 power punches on floyd and floyd is still standing.

maybe floyd fans have different assessment of his chin, i dunno.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #68
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Quote:
didnt i just break down the fight not too long ago?
so youre saying 90-100 power punches landed by pac, flush, floyd still going to win?

According to your logic, Pac only needs to land 2 punches to win the fight.

So if Floyd lands 200 punches and Pac lands 2 then he wins

If Pac lands 100 punches like I was saying, he will lose. Just because you land a power shot, doesn't mean it's going to do a lot of damage. I think that's what has yall confused

Ortiz landed like 6 punches per round, so after 12 rounds, we can say that maybe he'd land 80 punches. If you only land 80 punches according you guys, you'll beat Floyd, but in reality you'll end up losing
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 11-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #69
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

If Pac lands 100 punches like I was saying, he will lose. Just because you land a power shot, doesn't mean it's going to do a lot of damage. I think that's what has yall confused

Ortiz landed like 6 punches per round, so after 12 rounds, we can say that maybe he'd land 80 punches. If you only land 80 punches according you guys, you'll beat Floyd, but in reality you'll end up losing

Pac only needs to land 2 punches to either: 1. Put Floyd in survival mode or 2. Stun Floyd enough to get him out of there after the flurries that Shane didn't have. Being Floyd is likely to fight back, 2 is what is likely to happen.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #70
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Pac only needs to land 2 punches to either: 1. Put Floyd in survival mode or 2. Stun Floyd enough to get him out of there after the flurries that Shane didn't have. Being Floyd is likely to fight back, 2 is what is likely to happen.
Why are you thinking so simple?
If the compubox numbers at the end of the fight like 250 landed for Floyd and 25 for Pacquiao, do you think Pac will win?

100 punches is a very small amount of punches to land for a winning fighter. Shane landed about 90 punches and he hits harder than Pacquiao. Stop thinking on elementary terms
Old 11-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #71
iRuBerPosteR

vCash:

Quote:

wow i have to debate this guy again. hey dont ask help from mods if you lose a little something ok?

did ortiz landed flush on floyd? how many? do you know how ortiz throw his punches? do you know how floyd defended those punches?
do you know ortiz cant possibly land 1 single flush shot to the face if they fought 20 more rounds? well for a starter, floyd pick ortiz, that tells a lot.

do you know of a guy, coach, boxer, trainer, whatever that says, i need to land 10 punches a round to win, as strategy?

you want to land the punches that will potentially hurt your opponent and evade those that can potentially hurt you. if you cant hurt the opponent through out the course of the fight, at least you try to land the more effective punches.

these punches vary from fighters to fighters.

so you throw different punches to different fighters, and develop different type of defense against different fighters.

THHAT'S WHY ITS GARBAGE TO TALK ABOUT STATS BECAUSE THOSE WERE ACCUMULATED AGAINST DIFFERENT FIGHTERS THAT MAY not NECESSARILY APPLY TO PRESENT OPPONENT.

do you score rounds on number of punches landed or the ones more telling and effective punches landed?

and i wasnt talking about power shots landed, i was talking precisely about power punches that land flush, not partially block, not rolled but flush.

1 flush shot, and it can change the whole course of the fight, is what im saying. does pac has the ability to land flush on floyd, id say yes.

those counter right punches that floyd landed flush on ortiz face, you think ortiz can take 50 of those? how about 100?

how about pac landing those kind of punches on floyd, you think floyd can take 10 of those, how about 20?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #72
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
wow i have to debate this guy again. hey dont ask help from mods if you lose a little something ok?

did ortiz landed flush on floyd? how many? do you know how ortiz throw his punches? do you know how floyd defended those punches?
do you know ortiz cant possibly land 1 single flush shot to the face if they fought 20 more rounds? well for a starter, floyd pick ortiz, that tells a lot.

do you know of a guy, coach, boxer, trainer, whatever that says, i need to land 10 punches a round to win, as strategy?

you want to land the punches that will potentially hurt your opponent and evade those that can potentially hurt you. if you cant hurt the opponent through out the course of the fight, at least you try to land the more effective punches.

these punches vary from fighters to fighters.

so you throw different punches to different fighters, and develop different type of defense against different fighters.

THHAT'S WHY ITS GARBAGE TO TALK ABOUT STATS BECAUSE THOSE WERE ACCUMULATED AGAINST DIFFERENT FIGHTERS THAT MAY not NECESSARILY APPLY TO PRESENT OPPONENT.

do you score rounds on number of punches landed or the ones more telling and effective punches landed?

and i wasnt talking about power shots landed, i was talking precisely about power punches that land flush, not partially block, not rolled but flush.

1 flush shot, and it can change the whole course of the fight, is what im saying. does pac has the ability to land flush on floyd, id say yes.

those counter right punches that floyd landed flush on ortiz face, you think ortiz can take 50 of those? how about 100?

how about pac landing those kind of punches on floyd, you think floyd can take 10 of those, how about 20?
well maybe the problem we have is we're talking about 2 different things. We were talking about power punches in general that get counted on compubox, and PBF24 was saying how Pac will only land about 90-100 punches on Floyd (which isn't a lot) by compubox and then you came and thought
"Hey 100 punches by Pac who hits hard would probably knock Floyd out"

Well compubox doesn't count only clean and hurtful power punches. If Pac landed 100 shots like the ones he handed on Hatton, then yeah Floyd could be in trouble... but he won't.

Pac can land 100 punches against Floyd and still not have not one of them be significant. Just because you get hit 50 times, don't mean they'll be 50 hard flush shots even coming from a hard puncher.

Don't you understand what I'm trying to get at now?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #73
PBF24
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
well maybe the problem we have is we're talking about 2 different things. We were talking about power punches in general that get counted on compubox, and PBF24 was saying how Pac will only land about 90-100 punches on Floyd (which isn't a lot) by compubox and then you came and thought
"Hey 100 punches by Pac who hits hard would probably knock Floyd out"

Well compubox doesn't count only clean and hurtful power punches. If Pac landed 100 shots like the ones he handed on Hatton, then yeah Floyd could be in trouble... but he won't.

Pac can land 100 punches against Floyd and still not have not one of them be significant. Just because you get hit 50 times, don't mean they'll be 50 hard flush shots even coming from a hard puncher.

Don't you understand what I'm trying to get at now?

I seriously do think that they thinks that Manny punching power as the same effect as a 250+ lb HW boxer's punching power. They're way too delusional.
PBF24 is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #74
Outboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I'm not even going to bother looking at 'compubox stats' -- they're often so unreliable that there's no point. Some people use them as if they're undeniable facts, when they can be quite subjective and definitely prone to error. It's an interesting system, and it certainly makes things more convenient, but I don't think it should be relied upon too much when evaluating fights.

In regard to the tempo of Floyd/Pac, I do think Pac's usual output will be lowered, but I also think Floyd will definitely have to raise his own output in this match. I can't imagine him winning via the pot-shot routine. He'll probably go for the high guard, and he'll have to unleash those combinations that he normally keeps in the attic. If he senses that he can bully Pac with his size and sly moves in the pocket, he'll probably try to push him back, too. As usual, he'll be at his most vulnerable in the opening rounds, before he adjusts to the unorthodox style and physical abilities of Pac.
Outboxer is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #75
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF24 View Post

I seriously do think that they thinks that Manny punching power as the same effect as a 250+ lb HW boxer's punching power. They're way too delusional.
seriously man, they're thinking in Elementary terms. If I told them, Oscar will hit Mayweather over 100 times, before they fought. They probably would have said Floyd was going to get knocked out. Well he did, and he hits harder than Pac.
If it goes to 12 rounds and Pac landed less than 100 punches on Floyd, I guarantee Pacquiao will lose

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum