Old 11-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #226
RazorHandz
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1194
Default Re: Bradey calls out khan again, Khan responds"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
Bradley would steam roll khan. he'd win a pretty clear Decision, khan would taste the canvas a couple of times.
If Maidana couldn't deck Khan Bradley's not gonna do it. He would win clearly though.
RazorHandz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #227
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
14 days was good enough before, why not now?

Khan allowed a 50/50 split the first time to make the fight just like Floyd allowed 14 days to try to make the fight. Now that its a new negotiation, you don't start off from before. I'm just using the exact words you guys used last July

@Rico- we're just arguing for the sake of arguing

Floyd - Manny isn't Khan - Bradley.

Like I've said repeatedly after Peterson what better fight is there for Khan, if he wins, than fighting Bradley. Manny and Floyd aren't fighting him next.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #228
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

I'm inclined to think that Arum didn't sign Bradley to immediately risk him against a Golden Boy fighter. I would be somewhat shocked if this fight got made anytime in the near future.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #229
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
What exactly were those issues that made it evidently clear that Bradley would be forced to sit out? Because, as far as I remember, he signed an extension with Shaw which was to cover the Alexander fight and the eventual Khan-Maidana winner. The contract ran out a couple weeks before the earliest date HBO had available for Khan-Bradley, and Bradley had agreed to extend the contract for a couple of weeks to accommodate that fight (there's a direct quote from Bradley's mouth which confirms this, and I'm trying desperately to find it at the moment). Then, when he heard a Pacquiao fight was a possibility if he signed with Top Rank, Bradley quickly changed his mind. That’s when I thought the feud with Shaw ensued.
That's when this particular lawsuit ensued, but there were clear issues with Bradley-Dunkin and Shaw before even the Alexander fight took place. Bradley was repeatedly complaining about the promotion of that event and Shaw and Dunkin were publicly ripping each other even when they were supposed to be working together.

I believe the quote you're looking for BTW is from Dunkin in February where he says that Bradley told them to pursue the fight since it's the one everyone wants and that they'd be willing to extend the contract. However I've never seen anything after that apparent preliminary stage of negotiations that indicated that Bradley and Dunkin still held that position.

And I'm sure the Pacquiao fight did play a role in Bradley's desire to become a free agent; that carrot certainly enticed Mosley and Marquez to abandon their previous promoter. That being said, I don't think that was the entire story here and that Dunkin probably advised Bradley on the degree of risk involved in a Khan fight when a loss would hurt his reputation and desirability in the eyes of promoters far more than a win would help it.

Quote:
Ok. No breach of a contract. Just a violation of a verbal agreement. But, his decision to not go ahead with the fight is what caused the complications and forced him to sit out and not maximize his earning opportunities. You can’t tell me that’s an entirely different argument and I should ignore it, when that’s the very thing we’re discussing here.
I simply feel breach of contract is a far more serious charge than verbally changing one's mind about a fight that would occur after the expiration of any actual contract. Shaw's case is exponentially weaker in my opinion since he didn't have any written agreement, and I'm not about to shed any tears for a promoter who feels he was verbally misled.

Quote:
The 50-50 deal was set from the very beginning way before it became apparent that Bradley was looking to leave Shaw. The improved 50-50 with UK money came some time in May when Bradley rejected Shaw’s offer. It still wasn’t clear what Bradley’s intentions were at the time, and Khan wasn’t to know for sure what Bradley had decided on, for him [Khan] to confidently make a dud offer that he knew wouldn’t be taken up. So to say he was doing exactly that, is nothing more than guesswork. This is in complete contrast Bradley’s dud call-outs, where we know for a fact that they weren’t/aren’t possible to be taken seriously, because other things were/are clearly set in motion.
There is guesswork involved but the fact that Bradley had already allowed Khan and Golden Boy's deadline to expire with nary a peep and the fact that the offer was made I believe less than two months outside of the date is pretty much an indication to me that Khan never had to seriously worry about Bradley's acceptance. I mean I don't know what makes Bradley's offer to fight in the UK so much more of a dud offer; HBO could have probably been compelled to go along with it if both fighters had indicated a true willingness to hold it there, and it probably would have been a much bigger event than having it anywhere in the US. Like I said though, I never really regarded either offer as particularly reputation-enhancing, just as I see Bradley's current "desire" to now fight Khan as a mere face-saving gesture.

I'm fine if people want to hate on Bradley because he talked so tough in the immediate aftermath of the Alexander fight, but I still believe his situation made the Khan fight unrealistic for this past summer. Besides the promotional issues, I haven't even mentioned the completely perverse incentives that HBO created through their ridiculous guarantees in the Bradley-Alexander contracts, which I'm sure also made the need for an immediate Khan fight less pressing from the perspective of Bradley and Dunkin.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #230
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Agree with Khan here. I remeber Bradley saying he doesnt wanna fight Khan cause it might ruin a chance to fight a Pac or FLoyd. Greedy as hell, he deserves 30% max. And if he wins, he gets back the driver seat.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #231
boxing_RN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

These two are like two soap opera bitches...just get the ****ing fight done already!
boxing_RN is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #232
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_RN View Post
These two are like two soap opera bitches...just get the ****ing fight done already!

Bradley's the only bitch here. Khan's proven he'll fight anyone. He's racked up more impressive wins in the last 2 and a half years than Bradley has in his entire career. Plus Bradley has absolutely ZERO selling power, none. Khan holds all the cards here. Casamayor is a joke of a fight and shows exactly how Bradley intends to proceed with his career. He'll continue to find convenient excuses to sidestep the fights he knows he won't win and happily take whatever money he can get while cruising along to retirement.
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #233
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Joe View Post
Khan's moved beyond the likes of Bradley already in his career. Bradley's proven himself to be a complete chickenshit when it comes to Khan. He knows he'll be beaten. He already knows Khan won't offer 50/50 this time, so again, the fight won't be made and Bradley gets to say Khan won't fight him, is afraid, is unfair with the split.. whatever excuse he likes. Clever, but any boxing fan who's paid attention to what's been going on over the last year or so will know what the real story is. Khan doesn't need Bradley, forget that bitch and move up after Peterson.

It's King Khan rule no, **** that little 5'6 punk ass Bradley.

After Peterson Khan needs to move upto 147 and go for Floyd next year.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #234
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDO View Post
You know bitch ass bama is gonna be against this shit.

Mother ****er is against everything anybody else is for.

People say, "man don't suck dicks, that shit is disgusting."

Bama would suck the shit outta some dicks if that was the case.

Man, some of ya'll mother ****er expect everyone to act bitch made like ya'll.

Bowin down to every mother ****er to what they say.

You ain't got no respect.

Khan offered the fight after Bradley kept runnin his mouth OVER AND OVER again.

Bradley ducked Khan, said he didn't want the fight after he talked all that shit.

If I was Khan, **** Bradley. If he don't want 75-25, he can kiss my ass.

There are plenty of options for Khan rather than Bradley. I had high hopes for Bradley, but after he ducked Khan the first time...

Man...he's just another punk in the making. Khan proved me wrong by fightin Judah who I thought was wrong for Khan stylistically and would knock Khan out.

I was proved wrong.

That's a credit to Khan.
Top post dude
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #235
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Very brave of Timid Timmy to call out Khan after he has publicly claimed to move up in weight after Peterson fight!
izmat is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #236
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389

It's well chronicled that both fighters egregiously ducked each other at some point so those who side one way or the other are probably just supporting the guy that they like more.
Beenie is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #237
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Khan now saying he could stick around at 140lbs to face Bradley, maybe the twitter rant was to low-ball Timid Timmy in to accepting a 60:40 split...
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum