boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #46
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,934
vCash: 12201
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
No. It's a 9-9.

As in a 10-9, via 10 point must system, and then a point deduction, meaning it's a 9-9.
Ah ok thats the only thing i was getting confused about, cheers bud
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #47
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
And Booze, I'm not plagarising Gervais either I wouldn't be surprised if he nicked it off me.
Two wrongs, do not make a right.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #48
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
So you only have to give it your all once, and then you can do just enough in all your fights after that knowing the judges are going to gift you rounds?

Sounds great.

It is the way it was and way it should be today. Winning a title should be a huge deal and only given to those who thoroughly deserve to be called Champ.

Thus when the title changes hands, it is special and note worthy. Also it can lead to the champion being more active as he knows that he will be given the benefit of any doubt.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #49
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Team Wales HQ, West Yorkshire
Posts: 10,433
vCash: 75
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
It is the way it was and way it should be today. Winning a title should be a huge deal and only given to those who thoroughly deserve to be called Champ.

Thus when the title changes hands, it is special and note worthy. Also it can lead to the champion being more active as he knows that he will be given the benefit of any doubt.
So you're in favour of more robberies?

In this day a title changing hands is never going to be special and note worthy because there are such a ridiculous number of fighters claiming to be champion.

Me? I'd rather see fair fights.
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #50
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
Judges are there to judge, not sit on the fence. If two fighters mirror each other move for move for three minutes, there is an argument for an even round. But even then the judge should score it for the champ, and in a non title fight, the house fighter.
**** me softly with a chainsaw that's a load of nonsense.
A champ should not be given an advantage just because he's the champ. It goes against all notions of fair play. A champion is only the champ if he's good enough to defend it. To get help from the judges devalues him as a champ.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #51
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,786
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

It also meant champs knew they could muddle their way through a fight and keep their title.

Shockingly bad idea.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #52
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
It also meant champs knew they could muddle their way through a fight and keep their title.

Shockingly bad idea.
Its up there with duck and cover.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #53
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalletInspector View Post
So you're in favour of more robberies?

In this day a title changing hands is never going to be special and note worthy because there are such a ridiculous number of fighters claiming to be champion.

Me? I'd rather see fair fights.
This what I think should happen:

All title fights that go the distance should go down as no decisions unless all three judges score at least two thirds of the rounds (eight rounds in other words), to one of the fighters.

This way, there would be less chance of out and out robberies. A decision win that is any closer gets panned by 50% of us so called Internet experts anyway, that the term robbery has lost all meaning in the sport.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #54
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
It also meant champs knew they could muddle their way through a fight and keep their title.

Shockingly bad idea.
If it helps get Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao in the ring together, is it such a bad idea that after 12 rounds of boxing it is called a no decision? We will have our own ideas who has won, offiical decision or not anyway...
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #55
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
This what I think should happen:

All title fights that go the distance should go down as no decisions unless all three judges score at least two thirds of the rounds (eight rounds in other words), to one of the fighters.

.
You'd have so few results you'd kill the sport.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #56
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,786
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
If it helps get Mayweather Jr and Pacquiao in the ring together, is it such a bad idea that after 12 rounds of boxing it is called a no decision? We will have our own ideas who has won, offiical decision or not anyway...
TBH I stopped giving a rats **** about that fight 18 months ago, certainly not enough to go back to the dark days of the "no decision" because of it.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #57
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
You'd have so few results you'd kill the sport.
The sport was doing rather well the last time anything similar happened (Frawley Law)...
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #58
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 11,019
vCash: 1500
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
TBH I stopped giving a rats **** about that fight 18 months ago, certainly not enough to go back to the dark days of the "no decision" because of it.
In an era when three round exhibition bouts get recorded on a fighters official pro record, 12 round no decision Superfights, seem to me a bright beacon, rather than a dark day.
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #59
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,786
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
The sport was doing rather well the last time anything similar happened (Frawley Law)...
For totally different socio-economic reasons then to having a "no decision" policy in certain US states though.

You should know better than to try that line mate....
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #60
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,786
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most people dont know how to score a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
In an era when three round exhibition bouts get recorded on a fighters official pro record, 12 round no decision Superfights, seem to me a bright beacon, rather than a dark day.


Now I know you're on the wind up!
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015