Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #91
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4710
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Ali and Tyson are the 2 most recognisable face on the planet for a reason.

Vitali Klitscko, yes the great monster because of his so called size advantage. Ironic that his losses are to a former middleweight, and a guy his own size.

Fat midget David Tua did a better job against Lewis, at least he lasted the distance.

An old washed up Tyson lasted longer than a prime Vitali did against Lewis, what happened to Vitalis so called sized advantage there?

Seeing as your claiming Ali/Tyson never fought any Russians, Cubans, Africans etc

Name some of these great fighters that were around in Tyson and Alis eras that would have beaten them.

The only reason eastern euros rule the heavweight division is due to the lack of decent american heavyweights.

Name one great American fighter since the Lewis era ended
Byrd & Tua were great fighters and that's y they achieved what they did .
Tyson lasting longer than Vitali was an idiotic claim (but not a shock ) , because of cuts as opposed 2 s clean KO , c d difference ? my guess is not , but hopefully d majority of d rest do .
Ali ? i doubt his face is more recognizable than Rocco's , and i bet i could find some more . But then again , I believe Peter North's face is yet even more recognizable 4 sure so there u go
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #92
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklondon View Post
The bigger they are the harder they hit!
Tell that to Nikolai Valuev.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #93
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

When was that last photo of the btwo of them taken? Tyson was one fat slob then. I'll I give him lots of credit for this - he's done a great job trimming down. Of course even harder is keeping the weight off. Has he gone vegetarian?

The amazing Doctor Klitschkos are the clearly the greatest heavyweights of all time, but the blacks on here hate them for obvious reasons, and so does they crowd that runs the US media for similar reasons. Not since Babe Ruth ruled over American baseball in the 1920's has any athlete, or athletes, so dominated their sport.

Not only are boxers bigger and better and stronger today - as in most sports where objective old records are contstantly broken - but they rule over a sport that is far more truly international than it was before when Russians and eastern Europeans and black Africans and Cubans (still only expat's in the last case) were not allowed or able to commpete - and they take on all comers, many previously undefeated, from all over the world, and they have become so great that they do so winning virtually every round, and usually not even getting their hair mussed in the process.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #94
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Bottom line the klitschkos have never beat great fighters, vitali has the highest
heavyweight ko percentage and look at the caliber of opposition. I mean their
atg status is undeniable. But calling them the greatest heavyweights of all time?
your arrogance offends me. In my opinion right now wlad is the best heavy in the
world but head to head wlad gets destroyed by a lot of people. Yes they've dominated
an era where there has been a lack of hungry fighters willing to go for broke not
to mention the absence of a great american heavy. Yes the height obviously is
important but cmon throw these brothers in the heart of the 70speople 80s 90s
and they would both be getting bombed out and decisioned by the best of ththe
diviison as well as some contenders and possibly journeyman. This is coming from
a klitschko fan
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #95
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4710

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Bottom line the klitschkos have never beat great fighters, vitali has the highest
heavyweight ko percentage and look at the caliber of opposition. I mean their
atg status is undeniable. But calling them the greatest heavyweights of all time?
your arrogance offends me. In my opinion right now wlad is the best heavy in the
world but head to head wlad gets destroyed by a lot of people. Yes they've dominated
an era where there has been a lack of hungry fighters willing to go for broke not
to mention the absence of a great american heavy. Yes the height obviously is
important but cmon throw these brothers in the heart of the 70speople 80s 90s
and they would both be getting bombed out and decisioned by the best of ththe
diviison as well as some contenders and possibly journeyman. This is coming from
a klitschko fan
What great fighters did Tyson beat ? 39 years old Larry Holmes ? partially disabled former lightheavyweight Michael Spinks ?
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #96
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Klit fans on this thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
banny is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #97
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
When was that last photo of the btwo of them taken? Tyson was one fat slob then. I'll I give him lots of credit for this - he's done a great job trimming down. Of course even harder is keeping the weight off. Has he gone vegetarian?

The amazing Doctor Klitschkos are the clearly the greatest heavyweights of all time, but the blacks on here hate them for obvious reasons, and so does they crowd that runs the US media for similar reasons. Not since Babe Ruth ruled over American baseball in the 1920's has any athlete, or athletes, so dominated their sport.

Not only are boxers bigger and better and stronger today - as in most sports where objective old records are contstantly broken - but they rule over a sport that is far more truly international than it was before when Russians and eastern Europeans and black Africans and Cubans (still only expat's in the last case) were not allowed or able to commpete - and they take on all comers, many previously undefeated, from all over the world, and they have become so great that they do so winning virtually every round, and usually not even getting their hair mussed in the process.
Time to go back to writing disparaging articles about Jack Johnson, Mr. London.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #98
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

How long have you watched boxing, I'm guessing not long, people's judgement on here have nothing to do with race, the forum is about 2% black at most. I'd guess your pick for some reason is based on race, either that or your very new to the sport and a Klitschko fan for other reasons.

BTW the Klits aren't real doctors, the Uni they got them from basically gives free paper degrees to sporting stars
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #99
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Tyson cant reach Vitalis chin

what about a full out body attack for the first 3 rds...............
anut is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #100
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Tyson cant reach Vitalis chin

^^^ while walking on tiptoes.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #101
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
How long have you watched boxing, I'm guessing not long, people's judgement on here have nothing to do with race, the forum is about 2% black at most. I'd guess your pick for some reason is based on race, either that or your very new to the sport and a Klitschko fan for other reasons.

BTW the Klits aren't real doctors, the Uni they got them from basically gives free paper degrees to sporting stars

Where is your evidence for that assertion? They are not medical doctors, but they have doctorate degrees.

From Wikipedia:

Vitali: In 1996, he graduated from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Ukraine) and was accepted into the postgraduate study program at [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev_University"]Kiev University[/ame]. On 29 February 2000, he presented his doctoral thesis on "talent and sponsorship in sports"[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the Kiev University of Physical Science and Sports, and his [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Philosophy"]Ph.D.[/ame] in Sports Science was conferred.

Wladimir: In the summer of 1996, Klitschko finished Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky Pedagogical Institute (Ukraine) and was accepted in the postgraduate study program of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev_University"]Kiev University[/ame]. On 18 January 2001 in a conference hall of Kiev University of physical science and sports, Klitschko presented his doctoral dissertation and was awarded a PhD in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Science"]Sports Science[/ame]. Klitschko speaks five languages: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_language"]Ukrainian[/ame], Russian, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_language"]Polish[/ame], German and English. At the beginning of his professional career, he began using the German transliteration of his name.\

Kiev University:

" the forum is about 2% black at most"

I find that hard to believe. Look at the avatars. More importantly, look at the ongoing visceral and irrational hatred for the Klistchkos.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #102
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Where is your evidence for that assertion? They are not medical doctors, but they have doctorate degrees.

From Wikipedia:

Vitali: In 1996, he graduated from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Ukraine) and was accepted into the postgraduate study program at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. On 29 February 2000, he presented his doctoral thesis on "talent and sponsorship in sports"[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the Kiev University of Physical Science and Sports, and his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Sports Science was conferred.

Wladimir: In the summer of 1996, Klitschko finished Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky Pedagogical Institute (Ukraine) and was accepted in the postgraduate study program of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. On 18 January 2001 in a conference hall of Kiev University of physical science and sports, Klitschko presented his doctoral dissertation and was awarded a PhD in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Klitschko speaks five languages: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Russian, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], German and English. At the beginning of his professional career, he began using the German transliteration of his name.\

Kiev University:

I find that hard to believe. Look at the avatars. More importantly, look at the ongoing visceral and irrational hatred for the Klistchkos.
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #103
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut View Post
what about a full out body attack for the first 3 rds...............
I was being sarcastic
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #104
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

From Wikipedia:

Vitali: In 1996, he graduated from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (Ukraine) and was accepted into the postgraduate study program at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. On 29 February 2000, he presented his doctoral thesis on "talent and sponsorship in sports"[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the Kiev University of Physical Science and Sports, and his [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in Sports Science was conferred.

Wladimir: In the summer of 1996, Klitschko finished Pereyaslav-Khmelnitsky Pedagogical Institute (Ukraine) and was accepted in the postgraduate study program of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. On 18 January 2001 in a conference hall of Kiev University of physical science and sports, Klitschko presented his doctoral dissertation and was awarded a PhD in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Klitschko speaks five languages: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Russian, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], German and English. At the beginning of his professional career, he began using the German transliteration of his name.\

Kiev University:

Yes the avatars are of black boxers or trainers, unlike you many of the white posters here are happy to support black boxers, if you don't believe about 2% of the forum is black goto the picture threads that are stickied and you'll see the majority of the forum is white with a few latinos

There's no irrational hatred of the Klitschko's only a dislike of their racist fan base, who clearly knows nothing of the history of the sport and only support them because for the first time since the 50s there is a great white heavyweight

And yes I know for a fact the Klits uni gives a free ride to sports stars, there degrees are largely a joke, that uni has a history of this
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #105
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
^^^ while walking on tiptoes.
Tiptoes? gtfoh. U need to look closely, Tysons feet are on the floor.
Azzer85 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum