Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #106
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 6,706
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
What great fighters did Tyson beat ? 39 years old Larry Holmes ? partially disabled former lightheavyweight Michael Spinks ?
How did Vitali do against old man lennox and former MW Chris Byrd?
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #107
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,441
vCash: 0
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
How did Vitali do against old man lennox and former MW Chris Byrd?
Vs Lennox not 2 bad , he just got cut which happens but wasn't floored or overwhelmed .
Vs Byrd he missed till his shoulder went out , due 2 Byrd's defensive ability .
But r u going 2 answer my question ? which great fighters did Tyson beat ?
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #108
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

I would always favor Tyson over either Klitschko, but he'd have to be at his very best to overcome the size differences of those two men. The Tyson from Douglas onward probably wouldn't prevail.. It would take the version of the man who beat Berbick up to perhaps the Spinks fight.. While Tyson is leagues better than those two on a p4p basis and size not being everything, in this case it could pose a problem. Both Klits were bigger and better fighters than Tony Tucker, James Smith, Razor Ruddock and Buster Douglas who either took him the distance or beat him. Its not like he'd be fighting a 6'7" 240 lbs journeyman with no skills and zero athleticiscm.. That's why its so important not to completely dismiss size when looking at these matchups. That said, Tyson from 1986-1988, with Kevin Rooney in his corner, in top shape and utilizing his full arsenal of skills and determination would probably outwork both men to late stoppages or maybe a close decision in one of those fights.. Anytime beyond 1989 however, and he'd probably need a lucky shot to pull it off..
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #109
TAC602
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Not too much wrong with '89 Tyson IMO. KOed both Bruno and Williams in the most inactive year of his first career. In fact, anytime from 1986-91 Tyson was extremely dangerous. Even in the fight in which he got his ass beat, he managed to floor his opponent with an uppercut. I didn't see him going full fledged standing up, homerun hitter until after Douglas and even then, it happened in increments. Tyson of 1989-91 wasn't the fighter he was in the four-year span prior, but most would attest he was vastly superior to 1995-97, which was still a championship-level fighter.
TAC602 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #110
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Tiptoes? gtfoh. U need to look closely, Tysons feet are on the floor.
Yes, look at both mens feet. They are on the level and Tyson heels are clearly off the ground. Or, even better - look at TS video.
bremen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #111
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Fat slob (now slim trim) Tyson looks like he might have some higher heels on his shoes in that photo too. He's only 5'10, Vitali is 6' 7 1/2". That's over a head taller.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #112
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Yes the avatars are of black boxers or trainers, unlike you many of the white posters here are happy to support black boxers, if you don't believe about 2% of the forum is black goto the picture threads that are stickied and you'll see the majority of the forum is white with a few latinos

There's no irrational hatred of the Klitschko's only a dislike of their racist fan base, who clearly knows nothing of the history of the sport and only support them because for the first time since the 50s there is a great white heavyweight

And yes I know for a fact the Klits uni gives a free ride to sports stars, there degrees are largely a joke, that uni has a history of this

Got some references to back up your allegations about spurious PhD's, champ? If so, trot them out. I see you're blowing a lot of hot air about everything else, and pretty much have everything else ass backwards, but that's the nature of this place, eh?

Last edited by jacklondon; 11-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #113
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 532
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Tyson is all wrong for WK, you can bet the house on it, don't get me wrong I have no hatred for WK but he is going to sleep against Mike, prettyy early too.

VK would be a tough fight and Tyson has to be at his best mentally and train accordingly, solid UD would be my pick but if he takes it lightly all bets are off.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #114
manbearpig
A Scottish Noob
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 1185
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklondon View Post
Fat slob (now slim trim) Tyson looks like he might have some higher heels on his shoes in that photo too. He's only 5'10, Vitali is 6' 7 1/2". That's over a head taller.
Are you a spastic? His head will be comparable to like 9-10 inches. I'm 6'4 and my head is about that long. He's bigger, so I'm guessing his is bigger. He'll be a head taller, like the picture shows.



Spastic.
manbearpig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #115
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
Are you a spastic? His head will be comparable to like 9-10 inches. I'm 6'4 and my head is about that long. He's bigger, so I'm guessing his is bigger. He'll be a head taller, like the picture shows.



Spastic.

That's what I just said, idiot.

A "head", of course, isn't an exact measurement. I think they usually consider it to be eight inches.

Last edited by jacklondon; 11-08-2011 at 07:48 PM.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #116
manbearpig
A Scottish Noob
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 1185
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklondon View Post
That's what I just said, idiot.

A "head", of course, isn't an exact measurement. I think they usually consider it to be eight inches.
You said "over a head"
manbearpig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:07 PM   #117
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
I would always favor Tyson over either Klitschko, but he'd have to be at his very best to overcome the size differences of those two men. The Tyson from Douglas onward probably wouldn't prevail.. It would take the version of the man who beat Berbick up to perhaps the Spinks fight.. While Tyson is leagues better than those two on a p4p basis and size not being everything, in this case it could pose a problem. Both Klits were bigger and better fighters than Tony Tucker, James Smith, Razor Ruddock and Buster Douglas who either took him the distance or beat him. Its not like he'd be fighting a 6'7" 240 lbs journeyman with no skills and zero athleticiscm.. That's why its so important not to completely dismiss size when looking at these matchups. That said, Tyson from 1986-1988, with Kevin Rooney in his corner, in top shape and utilizing his full arsenal of skills and determination would probably outwork both men to late stoppages or maybe a close decision in one of those fights.. Anytime beyond 1989 however, and he'd probably need a lucky shot to pull it off..

These are my thoughts as well. The one thing Tyson has going for him is his body attack and size really can't prevent your ribs from getting caved in if your opponent gets inside and unleashes vicious body punches. I think Tyson could find away to beat Wlad, but I'm less sure about Vitali, he strikes me as more durable.
Vanboxingfan is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #118
manbearpig
A Scottish Noob
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 1185
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
Are you a spastic? His head will be comparable to like 9-10 inches. I'm 6'4 and my head is about that long. He's bigger, so I'm guessing his is bigger. He'll be a head taller, like the picture shows.



Spastic.
I've just realised how utterly rife with homo***ual tension this post looks. It's absolutely blatant as well.

'9-10 inches' ' head' 'long' 'he's bigger'

No one is safe from the homoerotic undertones in any conversation about a Klitschko!
manbearpig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:48 AM   #119
kmcc505
Sweet Scientist
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 444
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

I think Tyson could get to Wlad's chin. I think Vitali beats Tyson.
kmcc505 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #120
jacklondon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
Default Re: Klitschko - Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcc505 View Post
I think Tyson could get to Wlad's chin. I think Vitali beats Tyson.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c4fGy3EqB8[/ame]

Little feller like that couldn't get anywhere near Wlad's chin.
jacklondon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013