Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

vCash: 314
Default They aren't gonna fight, people...

...give it up. Stop with the threads. Pacquiao and Mayweather are NOT gonna fight. Ever. If Pac gets by JMM, which he should, I think that is the last window of opportunity for Pac-FMJ to happen. They shouldn't be fighting anyone but each other, but here's this...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...Floyd's mind isn't even on Pac. He is already slated to fight someone else. *sigh* **** it, man. Just **** it all...

we need to all stop letting these people toy with our emotions. Gamboa-Donaire is officially the top fight I want to see!
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
anundecidedarm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: They aren't gonna fight, people...

Yea, this fight ain't gonna happen.
anundecidedarm is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anundecidedarm View Post
Yea, this fight ain't gonna happen.
Yeah, it'll be all proxy wars...
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
timagen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sorry, but there must be at least fifty percent Floyd/Manny threads in the general forum. It's the law.
timagen is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #5
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtony80 View Post
...give it up. Stop with the threads. Pacquiao and Mayweather are NOT gonna fight. Ever. If Pac gets by JMM, which he should, I think that is the last window of opportunity for Pac-FMJ to happen. They shouldn't be fighting anyone but each other, but here's this...

...Floyd's mind isn't even on Pac. He is already slated to fight someone else. *sigh* **** it, man. Just **** it all...

we need to all stop letting these people toy with our emotions. Gamboa-Donaire is officially the top fight I want to see!
Yeah, look at this quote from Ellerbe. It's pretty obvious they are not looking to fight Pacquiao;

"We're looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella. Floyd made it very clear that he wants to give the fans the biggest fights that are out there. He wants to stay active. We're going to do everything in our power to make the biggest fight out there for the fans and we all know what the fight is."
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

Mr Tony knows, we should trust him.

I can't believe we won't see it happen.
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #7
mrtony80
Likes thick chicks
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Yeah, look at this quote from Ellerbe. It's pretty obvious they are not looking to fight Pacquiao;

"We're looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella. Floyd made it very clear that he wants to give the fans the biggest fights that are out there. He wants to stay active. We're going to do everything in our power to make the biggest fight out there for the fans and we all know what the fight is."
Lip service from Leonard. You wanna put some money on it, Reg?
mrtony80 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

I'm skeptical, but the May 5th date isn't a definite is it? I thought they had only eyed May 5th as a potential date, or am I incorrect about that. If so, why is Arum so wound up?

I don't like Ellerbe, or believe anything he has to say, so I don't know why I am posting this next quote...

"Team Mayweather is looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is. It is very pleasing to know that Manny Pacquiao has agreed to be subjected to the USDA random blood and urine tests," Ellerbe
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #9
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Lip service from Leonard. You wanna put some money on it, Reg?
of course not, there's two parties involved. The only point i'm making is that it's silly to interpret Mayweather's recent announcement as him wanting to fight someone besides Pacquiao. Everything Team Mayweather has stated points to Pacquiao being the prime target. That doesn't mean the fight is going to happen, but it's definitely not a sign that the fight won't happen.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #10
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Mayweather in a win-win position, if pac don't want to take the challenge then sergio will.

All roads lead to mayweather.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
I'm skeptical, but the May 5th date isn't a definite is it? I thought they had only eyed May 5th as a potential date, or am I incorrect about that. If so, why is Arum so wound up?

I don't like Ellerbe, or believe anything he has to say, so I don't know why I am posting this next quote...

"Team Mayweather is looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is. It is very pleasing to know that Manny Pacquiao has agreed to be subjected to the USDA random blood and urine tests," Ellerbe
Correct, it's not definite. However, May 5th at the MGM grand seems like a logical choice. Reserving the date and venue makes all the sense in the world. If a May/Pac fight falls a part again, at least Mayweather has a prime date on which to fight.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 06:59 AM   #12
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Pactards are bloody idiots, how does floyd announcing he returning in may next year to fight the midget is somehow stealing pac's thunder? If anything it brings more attention to the pac v marquez bout as floyd has placed himself next inline to fight the ped user.
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #13
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Imagine if the fight was all but done then Pac lost to JMM!!!
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #14
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg View Post
Correct, it's not definite. However, May 5th at the MGM grand seems like a logical choice. Reserving the date and venue makes all the sense in the world. If a May/Pac fight falls a part again, at least Mayweather has a prime date on which to fight.
I'd rather he announce he wants to fight in May, have a potential date and venue reserved, name who he wants to fight (Pacquiao it seems)...and that sets the foundation for negotiations to begin. If negotiations with Team Pac start, and they decide to have the fight in Texas at a different date, so be it. The May 5th date can easily go to another boxer.

We are 7 months away from May, plenty of time to sort everything out. Better than waiting another 16 months for him to state he wants to fight again.

I'm still not getting my hopes up though.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #15
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

One dog goes one way, the other dog the other, and the old man is saying, what do you want from me?
Whipdatass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum