Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Phat_Ass_Dude
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Thomas Dulorme: The Resurgence of "CLASSIC PUERTO RICAN STYLE" Boxing.

As an "old-school" fight fan who became a fan of the Sweet-Science back in the late 70's I remember watching Fighters from the Enchanted Island like Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfredo Benitez and Hector Camacho. I recall very well seeing incredible boxing ability, speed, rhythmic timing, precision punching, slick movement of both head and feet and most of all...DEFENSE!

But this most recent crop of Boricua fighters are the most fundamentally flawed, stiff, easy-2-hit fighters that has ever worn the The Trunks of the Boricua Bandera. To watch Miguel Cotto's face get bloodied time and time again while he is completely gassed after 7 rounds is hard to watch for a long time fan of fighters from PR. And let's not even mention how many times Juanma takes unnecessary punishment at the hands of severely limited fighters. I recall watching Juamna in a street-level brawl for 12 rounds versus club-level journeyman in Rogers Mtagwa. Even Tito used to get hit a lot, put on the canvas and outboxed....DAMN!

But this kid Thomas Dulorme reminds me Wilfredo Benitez. He has all the tools of the old school fighters from PR: his movements are fluid, he glides in the ring, his jab is quick and powerful, he "Stick n Moves" with real skill, he doesn't get into these Brawls with lesser opponents....Welcome back to the Party Puerto Rico.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PeNS8AtSu0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qIdjy0bpG8&feature=related[/ame]
Phat_Ass_Dude is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 507
Default Re: Thomas Dulorme: The Resurgence of "CLASSIC PUERTO RICAN STYLE" Boxing.

He's a dog, I got high expectations from him
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
bgr
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Thomas Dulorme: The Resurgence of "CLASSIC PUERTO RICAN STYLE" Boxing.

that knockout of cuello was sick
bgr is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Will look out for him with interest
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat_Ass_Dude View Post
As an "old-school" fight fan who became a fan of the Sweet-Science back in the late 70's I remember watching Fighters from the Enchanted Island like Wilfredo Gomez, Wilfredo Benitez and Hector Camacho. I recall very well seeing incredible boxing ability, speed, rhythmic timing, precision punching, slick movement of both head and feet and most of all...DEFENSE!

But this most recent crop of Boricua fighters are the most fundamentally flawed, stiff, easy-2-hit fighters that has ever worn the The Trunks of the Boricua Bandera. To watch Miguel Cotto's face get bloodied time and time again while he is completely gassed after 7 rounds is hard to watch for a long time fan of fighters from PR. And let's not even mention how many times Juanma takes unnecessary punishment at the hands of severely limited fighters. I recall watching Juamna in a street-level brawl for 12 rounds versus club-level journeyman in Rogers Mtagwa. Even Tito used to get hit a lot, put on the canvas and outboxed....DAMN!

But this kid Thomas Dulorme reminds me Wilfredo Benitez. He has all the tools of the old school fighters from PR: his movements are fluid, he glides in the ring, his jab is quick and powerful, he "Stick n Moves" with real skill, he doesn't get into these Brawls with lesser opponents....Welcome back to the Party Puerto Rico.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Darryl1914 is that you?
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321

I love Dulorme but as of now he doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Benitez
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru

vCash: 818

At the Berto - Ortiz card this kid had the sickest KO. It sounded like nothing else that night.
Ring Master is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum