Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-16-2007, 07:08 AM   #16
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: Stipe Drews....wtf Was That Krap....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_gloves
Did Green look good winning?

or was it simply overshadowed by Drews looking terrible losing....?
Green couldn't really do anything because Drews just got on his bike, when Drews threw punches he landed but that would happen maybe once every 3 rounds. Green looked like he always does, caught Drews 2 or 3 times with no effect, spent most of the fight watching Drews run and throwing jabs to the body, horrible fight for both guys Drews did nothing and ran for 12 rounds but at the same time it displayed Greens lack of boxing skills and power so everybody involved loses apart from Green getting an underserved belt. The biggest losers were everybody who watched this atrocity of a fight.
lefty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #17
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right
Green looked very good, especially seeing hiw unwilling the opponent was. Green is much stronger at 175. Greens hands are faster and he has a great mind set.

Mundine vs. Green II is a 50/50 fight at 175. But I fear it will take a while to happen as Green will demand (and rightly so, Mundine will be fighting for his title) most of the cut, and Mundine is doing well and could be rated no 1 at 168 very soon anyhow.
Come on mate, you've been doing nothing but talk up Green lately, you know that fight is a mismatch and shouldn't happen again, all it is is a payday for both guys, Mundine needs to move onto bigger and better things but we all know that' not going to happen.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 07:11 AM   #18
rushman
Devoid is Devoid
ESB Addict

vCash: 9205

Was that fight a fix?

Seriously?

Green looked good, but its impossible to say anything until he gets really tested. There was no testing done tonight. Frigging abortion of a fight.
rushman is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #19
gold_gloves
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Sounds dissapointing for all involved....another over-hyped Australian boxing card with a lacklustre undercard and main event.....
gold_gloves is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #20
vonzipper
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold_gloves
Sounds dissapointing for all involved....another over-hyped Australian boxing card with a lacklustre undercard and main event.....
No, the undercard was very enjoyable.

Unfortunately, what can you do? Drews decided not only he was to stay on his bike, but not to throw a punch?
vonzipper is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 AM   #21
heidegger

vCash:

Any postfight interviews with Drews? What does this asshole have to say for himself?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #22
kruger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right
Green looked very good, especially seeing hiw unwilling the opponent was. Green is much stronger at 175. Greens hands are faster and he has a great mind set.

Mundine vs. Green II is a 50/50 fight at 175. But I fear it will take a while to happen as Green will demand (and rightly so, Mundine will be fighting for his title) most of the cut, and Mundine is doing well and could be rated no 1 at 168 very soon anyhow.

When roy jones jr went up in weight to fight at heavy against ruiz who got most the money? I dont know but id be suprised if it was ruiz... Cause roy was the draw
kruger is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #23
gloveup
Journeyman

Great for Oz Boxing and even better for a guy who works so gone dam hard in his quest to be the best. Danny stuck by his game plan and executed it beautifully tonight. I was disgusted in Drews and he shouldn't be paid. Some rounds he didn't throw a punch. The result would of been different though if he had. He woulda got Koed as he opened up. He stayed tidy and defensive because he knew he was goin to get hurt and knocked out. He is not a fighter more of a fencer. For Danny all I can say well done champ you deserve it. You beat some boxers ive trained and always respected them and treated them/us very well. After he beat Jase the 2nd time he took him out to dinner and gave him some extra money out of his own pocket. How many fighters do you see do that. A gentleman. The rewards will now come and his team have done extremely well. I wish Dan all the very best and a big congratulations very soon.
Dino Billinghurst
gloveup is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 AM   #24
SOULS 04
Journeyman

green has the title and im sure mundine will want it. IMO green has the power. he already has plenty of money and they can both make plenty off a rematch but danny is holding the cards.

Im so stoked for green. He may never be an all time great but he definatley deserved a title. Now the dvd shoul have been made of greens career. seemed unfinished before he won the title.
SOULS 04 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 AM   #25
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

That Was ****ed

Drews Threw About 5 Or 6 Punches Each Round

Drews Threw The Fight...........bet Loads On Himself I Guess

Green Looked Ok...hard To Ko A Guy Who Is Always Running But It Showed That He Is A Limited Fighter...mundine Will School Him Again If They Fight No Matter The Weight

Willie Looked Great On The Undercard

Shame Green Had To Win This Way...at Least He Will Have Some Big Pay Days Next Year And Has A Real World Title To His Name...unlike Mundine Who Will Look To Fight Green Mid Next Year

It Was A Shame For Boxing
ashley is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #26
Machine
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ageed that was a pretty weird fight. Why didn't the lanky mofo throw any punches? Every time he opened up he got tagged, but still you'd go out on your shield wouldn't you. Drews fought scared the whole fight. It was so boring it reminded me of Siaca vs Mundine. Green schooled him. Dipshits like hazeman must feel like total knob jockeys, the exact opposite happened in the fight to what they expected. Schooled.
Machine is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #27
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's just such a shame that this is already starting to reflect poorly on Green. Like "he didnt make the fight happen"..or "theres something dodgy going on".. The fact is Green threw down on this clown from the get go and after that Drews' chin went in hiding. I think people's expectations of Drews were set a little high (rightfully so considering he was the champ) and now it just puts a certain smell in the air, which is a real shame for Green. Green looked great regardless of his opposition. Congratulations Greeeny!

Last edited by lawton; 11-11-2006 at 11:50 PM.
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #28
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Does anyone know if there is somewhere online where I can watch a replay of the fight ?
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #29
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think Drews liked my post about him paying 3.50 for a points loss.

He might have put the house on it, he fought like he did.

His performance was a joke, i hope he retires.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #30
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Arsenal
Does anyone know if there is somewhere online where I can watch a replay of the fight ?
Couple of highlights on the fox sports website mate.
sambo1987 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum