Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-16-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Why hasnt the UFC signed Melvin Manhoef?

Seeing as there the premiere org now why havent they signed Melvin? Melvin is the spart plug that the UFC needs.The fans would absolutely love him.His never say die attitude in the ring aswell as his insane aggresion is everything that UFC fans appreciate.The guy is an absolute animal.I used to love the way he was brought into the ring on a leash in his appearances at Hero`s.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Why hasnt the UFC signed Melvin Manhoef?

His ground game is basically nothing althougth he is very exciting.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
Don't know how bad he's supposed to be on the ground but i do know this..
He's only been submited twice in his entire career.
Twice , against two judo elites. (one of them , has 3 or 4 gold medals in tha discipline )...

Not bad for someone who's ground game is horrible.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #4
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Seeing as there the premiere org now why havent they signed Melvin? Melvin is the spart plug that the UFC needs.The fans would absolutely love him.His never say die attitude in the ring aswell as his insane aggresion is everything that UFC fans appreciate.The guy is an absolute animal.I used to love the way he was brought into the ring on a leash in his appearances at Hero`s.
Manhoef's been fighting for K1 since 2002 or 2003...
I doubt he's gonna leave from japan anytime soon...

In K1 he's got two jobs...one as a kickboxer and the other , as a mmartist.
He's been with K1's heros since 2006 i think...

In the ufc , he'd be reduced as a mere cage fighter just like he used to back in 2005...now he doesn't have to go from one org to the other...he's got everything into one/org.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingcar
Don't know how bad he's supposed to be on the ground but i do know this..
He's only been submited twice in his entire career.
Twice , against two judo elites. (one of them , has 3 or 4 gold medals in tha discipline )...

Not bad for someone who's ground game is horrible.
Considering the level of people he has fought in mma it isn't that great either.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Basically been said, hes a kickboxer and enjoys that sport, so K1 really makes the most sense for him.

If you guys haven't seen his fight with Cyborg you should check it out.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #7
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He has a long term deal with K-1 that he just renewed I think.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Considering the level of people he has fought in mma it isn't that great either.
Have you even seen Mahoef fight? I mean first your blabbering on about his ground game is weak when Manhoef has ALWAYS been a striker 1st. His a Muay Thai fighter and one of the best in the world infact who decided to tryhis hand at MMA and is doing a dam fine job.Considering the only guys that subbed him were Judoka`s id say his doing fine by me
Old 12-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Have you even seen Mahoef fight? I mean first your blabbering on about his ground game is weak when Manhoef has ALWAYS been a striker 1st. His a Muay Thai fighter and one of the best in the world infact who decided to tryhis hand at MMA and is doing a dam fine job.Considering the only guys that subbed him were Judoka`s id say his doing fine by me
I have seen alot more mma than you m8 and used to train with some of the uk's top fighter's paul daley and a few other's in nottingham. Just becuase your impressed with a guys stand up skills doesn't make him a great mma fighter, it's like all the people who say bukaw should fight mma becuase he is quality in k1 max.
Melvin is no doubts a great k1 fighter but he is alot more average when it comes to mma, he hasn't fought any top mma guys yet has lost 4 fights to pretty poor level fighters. He is also undersized for the 205 weight class and against someone like rampage he would be in for a horrible beating.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #10
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have seen alot more mma than you m8 and used to train with some of the uk's top fighter's paul daley and a few other's in nottingham. Just becuase your impressed with a guys stand up skills doesn't make him a great mma fighter, it's like all the people who say bukaw should fight mma becuase he is quality in k1 max.
Melvin is no doubts a great k1 fighter but he is alot more average when it comes to mma, he hasn't fought any top mma guys yet has lost 4 fights to pretty poor level fighters. He is also undersized for the 205 weight class and against someone like rampage he would be in for a horrible beating.
actually it's not that bad...

He lost against two good opponents. (recently).

Let's see...
He lost against Dong Sik Yoon. (one dimensional yes )...
But he's the same guy who went the distance with today's LHW champion. (Jackson wasn't able to finish him...Look what he did to liddell)

he's also the same guy who submited. Galesic (not bad for a one dimensional judoka). He's also more experienced in that department than a guy such as Karo for example.

Dong Sik had a terrible "pride fc" career (4 losses )..but
i've seen them all..
In his fight against Sakuraba , he did nothing. (just turned his back and the fight was stopped after less than 40 or 30 seconds..)

He then lost 3 decisions against Takimoto (a fight he should've won) , Jackson and Bustamante.

anyway , if a guy like this can hang with jackson without getting killed , it's already a good indication of how tenacious he is.

Then Manhoef lost against Akiyama.
Big deal...Akiyama , is one of mma's top p4p fighter.
The only guy who finished him was 265 lbs kickboxer (LeBanner).

The only two "embarrassing" losses on manhoef's record are against
Faverus and Schrijber but that was back in 2004.

of course he's a better striker / kickboxer than mmartist , but he's not mediocre either. He's even been tested against a solid wrestler once (Ian Freeman).

Compare Liddell to Manhoef...and see which one looks more impressive.
If liddell was able to achieve what he did in his career , just imagine the carnage that a guy like Manhoef would do.

Of course , i'm not saying that he would do it for "sure"
maybe he'd fail miserably , but he certainly seems like a good candidate.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would hardly call ian freeman a solid wrestler, he was well past his best and is english so he has only limited wrestling knowledge.
I like melvin but he has done nothing so far to show me he would be a mjor threat in the 205 lb weight class in mma.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Of course you have.On the internet we`ve all trained with Bas Rutten.I train with him every night.

Who said Melvin was a great MMA fighter? I said he would be a great addition to the UFC because of his aggresive and fan friendly style! Theres no point in disecting his career and saying his not fought no one as thats entirely immaterial. His fought and beaten some decent fighters but he doesnt have a name like Rampage on his ledger because he hasnt fought for PRIDE nor the UFC which was my POINT! Now wether he`ll get murdered at 205 is moot because his been fighting at middleweight/light heavy for sometime.So before you start trawling sherdog frantically trying to find his record take the time out to watch his fights first.Im pretty sure you`d be a fan.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 PM   #13
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Of course you have.On the internet we`ve all trained with Bas Rutten.I train with him every night.

Who said Melvin was a great MMA fighter? I said he would be a great addition to the UFC because of his aggresive and fan friendly style! Theres no point in disecting his career and saying his not fought no one as thats entirely immaterial. His fought and beaten some decent fighters but he doesnt have a name like Rampage on his ledger because he hasnt fought for PRIDE nor the UFC which was my POINT! Now wether he`ll get murdered at 205 is moot because his been fighting at middleweight/light heavy for sometime.So before you start trawling sherdog frantically trying to find his record take the time out to watch his fights first.Im pretty sure you`d be a fan.
Listen fool i have seen plenty of his fights and i know his style, and i find him exciting to watch but beating an old freeman in cage rage and having a stand up fight with the likes of cyborg doesn't make me think he could do well.
In regards to mma stop talking shit, i have trained with paul loyd davis, bisping, daley and dan hardy thats a fact not some internet dream like you seem to be having.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM   #14
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

Quote:
Pit him versus Houston Alexander now!
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 AM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Listen fool i have seen plenty of his fights and i know his style, and i find him exciting to watch but beating an old freeman in cage rage and having a stand up fight with the likes of cyborg doesn't make me think he could do well.
In regards to mma stop talking shit, i have trained with paul loyd davis, bisping, daley and dan hardy thats a fact not some internet dream like you seem to be having.
Hey be cool.Iv traind with Cro Cop and Team Henderson and Rampage.We meet all the time up at Big Bear.And Cyborg and Freeman aint shit i subbed both of them back to back with a Gogoplata.Thats how we do!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum