Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #16
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What next for Green?

Hugo Hernan Garay or Paul Briggs

Last edited by BITCH ASS; 11-11-2006 at 01:22 PM.
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #17
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony

Superior boxer, great counterpuncher, way better defense.
questionable chin though.
Has he ever fought out of Germany?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:42 AM   #18
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidegger
Has he ever fought out of Germany?
Yeah, at home in Hungary - but it wouldn't matter even if they would fight in Green's backyard in Perth, he would lose a wide pts decision...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #19
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
Yeah, at home in Hungary - but it wouldn't matter even if they would fight in Green's backyard in Perth, he would lose a wide pts decision...
Apparently he has a soft chin, dont forget that Danny can hit hard
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #20
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ithink Money Talks So Green Will Defend Against An Easy Guy Then Fight Mundine In Perth This Time Green Will Get $5,000,000

Better This Option Than To Make Under $1,000,000 And Risk Defeat....he May As Well Take On Mundine Again...more Money Same Risk As Fighting Another Champ

Last edited by elTerrible; 11-11-2006 at 01:49 PM.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #21
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
Ithink Money Talks So Green Will Defend Against An Easy Guy Then Fight Mundine In Perth This Time Green Will Get $5,000,000

Better This Option Than To Make Under $1,000,000 And Risk Defeat....he May As Well Take On Mundine Again...more Money Same Risk As Fighting Another Champ
Why do you type every word with a capital first letter?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #22
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
Well, just for the record: Erdei fough in the US twice early in his career but those were just build up fights. All of his titlefights were held in either Germany or Hungary.

On the other hand I'm not so sure about the outcome of a possible Erdei - Green fight. Erdei has superior boxing skills that's true but the two Garay fights showed that one thing he doesn't like is constant pressure. Green would have a very decent chance against Erdei IMO.

Anyway I very much hope this fight will come through - the LHW division needs unifications badly.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 09:16 AM   #23
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Well, just for the record: Erdei fough in the US twice early in his career but those were just build up fights. All of his titlefights were held in either Germany or Hungary.

On the other hand I'm not so sure about the outcome of a possible Erdei - Green fight. Erdei has superior boxing skills that's true but the two Garay fights showed that one thing he doesn't like is constant pressure. Green would have a very decent chance against Erdei IMO.

Anyway I very much hope this fight will come through - the LHW division needs unifications badly.
Given that this is BHops division now, and possibly soon Calzaghes, I dont think either Green or Erdei are the ones to unify things.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #24
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Apparently he has a soft chin, dont forget that Danny can hit hard
How do you know that? He has been in the ring with some quite hard punchers (Lakatus for example) and has been hit flush but he always recovered instantly. His stamina is more questionable it failed him before but it seems ok lately and it turned out that his previous problems came from some nutrition issues.

Quote:
Given that this is BHops division now, and possibly soon Calzaghes, I dont think either Green or Erdei are the ones to unify things.
Both B-Hop and Calzaghe are rather old and are there only for big money fights. They don't care about titles anymore. But if one of the titleholders could unify two or three of the belts he would have a much better chance of fighting one of the oldies.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'd have to agree with Gold Gloves, theres no use in Green fighting Mundine, different weight class.
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #26
Daft P
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Green - Erdei will happen. I think Erdei would take Green to school. We know the Hungarian has problems with pressure fighters, but Green is not too quick and Erdei has improved a lot since the 2 Garay fights.

Erdei by UD, 117-111. Green - Briggs would be more entertaining, but I am pretty sure that UBP had the special option in the Drews-Green contract, like they included it when Gonzalez fought the Tiger...

Erdei-Green is a big event in Germany as well.
Daft P is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #27
heidegger

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft P
Green - Erdei will happen. I think Erdei would take Green to school. We know the Hungarian has problems with pressure fighters, but Green is not too quick and Erdei has improved a lot since the 2 Garay fights.

Erdei by UD, 117-111. Green - Briggs would be more entertaining, but I am pretty sure that UBP had the special option in the Drews-Green contract, like they included it when Gonzalez fought the Tiger...

Erdei-Green is a big event in Germany as well.
Why would anyone want to fight in Germany?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
Daft P
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't say Green would want, but I am sure that there's a clause in the Green-Drews contract that in case of Green's victory, Green's next fight will be organized by Universum. They did the same when Michalcewski fought Gonzalez...

Otherwise there was no reason for Universum to send Drews as obvious underdog to Australia and just give up their title. Why didn't they make a unification between Drews and Erdei then?... The outcome would have been "safer". The only explanation is that they included something like a "rematch clause" in that contract.

And now watch out for Green-Ulrich or Green-Erdei.....
Daft P is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 03:23 PM   #29
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft P
I don't say Green would want, but I am sure that there's a clause in the Green-Drews contract that in case of Green's victory, Green's next fight will be organized by Universum. They did the same when Michalcewski fought Gonzalez...

Otherwise there was no reason for Universum to send Drews as obvious underdog to Australia and just give up their title. Why didn't they make a unification between Drews and Erdei then?... The outcome would have been "safer". The only explanation is that they included something like a "rematch clause" in that contract.

And now watch out for Green-Ulrich or Green-Erdei.....
But then, why should the fight be held in Germany? It's more worth down in Australia, both sides would double up their respective purses...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #30
stingray7
Journeyman

what a woeful performance by Drews. To lose a title you had spent years trying to get by hardly throwing a punch will forever remain a mystery. I bet Green couldn't believe what was happening. Poor, outclassed Clavero at least had a go against Mundine. Was Drews planning to retire ( 34) and just wanted a payday without getting hit? That performance was so bad it makes you think so.
stingray7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum