Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Genius40

vCash: 500
Default Does anyone else think Rigondeaux will lose this weekend?

I don't follow the lower weights that much, but I think Rigondeaux is an accident waiting to happen. I haven't seen much of Poonsawat, but he seems to have a good record, anyone think he has what it takes to cause the upset?
Genius40 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000
Default Re: Does anyone else think Rigondeaux will lose this weekend?

Poon does have a chance, based on how Marroquin did.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

everytime rigo has a fight coming a thread like this shows up...he is gonna be exposed,his chin won't hold up,he's gonna get KO...its not an unreal situation since he's fighting the most consistent fighter for last 2 yrs at 122 lbs.But im confident of Rigo winning by UD or late KO.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Box702
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If he keeps fighting good competition like this back2back i'm going to have to admit maybe.But everybody is praying on his downfall it's crazy they're scared as shit of him .Hope Rigo proves them wrong again.Nonito wasn't fighting this competition in only 11 nobody was.If he keeps winning He'll prove everybody wrong,again.
Box702 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14000

Itll be the best opponent he has faced most likely. Id give him a chance but he would be the underdog
Collie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Poon is a good fighter but I just put money on Guillermo in an accumulator so heres to the Cuban doing the business! Most Irish people have bad memories of Poonsawat!

FWIW
The accumulator is
Rose
Rigeondeaux
Donaire
Khan
Saunder
Abraham
Groves

All to win
irishny is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

I dunno' who will win, but you just GOTTA' rot for a guy who's nickname is "poon."
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius40 View Post
I don't follow the lower weights that much, but I think Rigondeaux is an accident waiting to happen. I haven't seen much of Poonsawat, but he seems to have a good record, anyone think he has what it takes to cause the upset?
You haven't seen 'much of' Poonsawat and you are predicting the upset of one of the premiere technicians in boxing? Some call...

Poonsawat actually presents a style challenge, Rigo doesn't like a too intensive fight and not sure on the inside skills, so it's is indeed a tough fight. On the other hand a good technician in Ryol Li Lee defeated Poon the last time and Rigo is levels above. That he doesn't like an intensive fight doesn't mean he can't handle one, and the Thai offers plenty of opportunities to counter, could be another Hatton-Pacquiao.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

is Freddie Roach his new trainer?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

most thai fighters are overrated big time....Rigon not only beats him, but annihilates him
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
Forza
Champion
East Side Guru

Yeah a part time kickboxer vs a guy with 400+ amatuer wins (some say the real number is around 850)

Then again I have no hope in these cuban guys chins lately
Forza is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
Porgeous Porge
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I like Rigo but i think he can be beaten

He isnt offensive meaning the fight will be boring if you dont throw because he wont

He throws off of your punches and is almost left exclusive not much right hands thrown by this guy

he has been hurt he has been down before but he has always been ahead and usually puts the opponent down too

the key to beating him is landing on his tough defense and avoiding his counters or more so surviving the counters

its not easy but the success guys have had against him is when they used their size and strength to come at Rigo and go through the counters and land

I wanna see what happens when a guy gets to him more and forces a more up tempo pace

Rigo and Broner are two guys who rarely get hit because of their defense
Porgeous Porge is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

Poonsawat is tailor made for a counterpuncher like Rigondeaux. I've seen a lot of both guys. Exciting fighter, but aggressive and short and he has a tendency to lead with his face, which is a recipe to get KTFOed early. I wouldn't be surprised if Rigo even gives up a round or two early to lull Poon into getting more aggressive and making mistakes.

Rigo has holes in his game, but Poonsawat isn't the guy to expose them. Rigo's biggest flaw, which he's been correcting over time, is that he waits too long for a perfect opening to throw a punch. A swarmer with good movement might have a chance at beating him on workrate alone (someone like prime Cristobal Cruz), or someone with tricky movement who can also counterpunch well would have a pretty solid chance of beating him.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

poon is a horrendous (positive) puncher. but he needs to be given the openings. i sure rigo shut him out. makes him look foolish.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 AM   #15
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Poonsawat is tailor made for a counterpuncher like Rigondeaux. I've seen a lot of both guys. Exciting fighter, but aggressive and short and he has a tendency to lead with his face, which is a recipe to get KTFOed early. I wouldn't be surprised if Rigo even gives up a round or two early to lull Poon into getting more aggressive and making mistakes.

Rigo has holes in his game, but Poonsawat isn't the guy to expose them. Rigo's biggest flaw, which he's been correcting over time, is that he waits too long for a perfect opening to throw a punch. A swarmer with good movement might have a chance at beating him on workrate alone (someone like prime Cristobal Cruz), or someone with tricky movement who can also counterpunch well would have a pretty solid chance of beating him.
A long jabber can give him trouble too, Rigo can parry or slip the jab, but if the opponent just keeps poppin' it and doesn't move in, there's nothing to counter, and Rigo pressuring ahead is a sight I'm yet to see.
BigBone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum