Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #16
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642
Default Re: Szpilka Went Down Agaisnt Saulsberry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbina View Post
Seriously you guys need to stfu with this glass bullshit, it's getting so ****ing old..

Especially coming from a bunch of Brits, who really have the least to say in the subject matter. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.
Just stop feeding the troll... You Poles are almost just as bad as the glass jaw idiots, cause you guys keep quoting the stupid ignorant comments and getting all winded about it. If you ignore them they will eventually go away....Stop letting idiots like Jack and Relentless get under you're skin, its obvious they are just trolling Britards, who average like 35 posts a day, with 34 of them being just gibberish.
Honor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Suplex
Journeyman

vCash: 500

He was pushed down by saulsberry, watch the video.
Suplex is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Just stop feeding the troll... You Poles are almost just as bad as the glass jaw idiots, cause you guys keep quoting the stupid ignorant comments and getting all winded about it. If you ignore them they will eventually go away....Stop letting idiots like Jack and Relentless get under you're skin, its obvious they are just trolling Britards, who average like 35 posts a day, with 34 of them being just gibberish.
No shit they are just trolling, it's just getting super old, reading the same bullshit from the same idiots in every thread, regardless of whether its about a Polish fighter, or not.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #19
China Rich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

They did trade a few blows during the exchange, but Saulsberry (who, incidentally, redefines the word 'crude') probably pushed him down, he did so earlier in the round as well.

Too early to really form an opinion on where Szpilka will end up because he has an awful lot of development still to do but he has a win over Owen Beck who is not a bad opponent to have faced so early on in his career so he could well develop into a fringe B class contender at the very least...
China Rich is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

That's the first time I've seen him and obviously I was not impressed. That said he was not hurt and it was a balance issue rather than being dropped by a punch that froze his legs or shook him in any way.

That did not suggest any concerns over chin just over defence and general ring smarts. On the plus side he has quick hands and comes to fight. The problem for any fighter that gets a rep as a KO artist is that if you keep feeding them no hoper opponents they get the idea of a KO fixated in their head and abandon defence and fundamentals because they will just go into each fight knowing they can walk through their outmatched opponent and get the KO.

Much better to have some really durable defensive opponents thrown in early so that they don't have some fascination and self imposed pressure on maintaining a KO streak.

As for all the glass jaw crap....very dull. Yanks always say British fighters have glass jaws which is total nonsense. In just the past 15 years we've had Froch, Calzaghe, Witter, Woods, Reid, Hamed who all had great chins.

Guys like Eubank too. Even guys who did get badly KOd like Hatton and Lewis were far from glass jawed. Hatton took shots from Tsyzu, Tackie etc and Lewis ate bombs from Vitali, Mercer, Briggs etc.

And then there are all the nearly men who never won world titles but had very good jaws like Eastman and Wharton. Likewise the idea that Polish fighters are in any way predisposed to weak punch resistance is total nonsense.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #21
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
That's the first time I've seen him and obviously I was not impressed. That said he was not hurt and it was a balance issue rather than being dropped by a punch that froze his legs or shook him in any way.

That did not suggest any concerns over chin just over defence and general ring smarts. On the plus side he has quick hands and comes to fight. The problem for any fighter that gets a rep as a KO artist is that if you keep feeding them no hoper opponents they get the idea of a KO fixated in their head and abandon defence and fundamentals because they will just go into each fight knowing they can walk through their outmatched opponent and get the KO.

Much better to have some really durable defensive opponents thrown in early so that they don't have some fascination and self imposed pressure on maintaining a KO streak.

As for all the glass jaw crap....very dull. Yanks always say British fighters have glass jaws which is total nonsense. In just the past 15 years we've had Froch, Calzaghe, Witter, Woods, Reid, Hamed who all had great chins.

Guys like Eubank too. Even guys who did get badly KOd like Hatton and Lewis were far from glass jawed. Hatton took shots from Tsyzu, Tackie etc and Lewis ate bombs from Vitali, Mercer, Briggs etc.

And then there are all the nearly men who never won world titles but had very good jaws like Eastman and Wharton. Likewise the idea that Polish fighters are in any way predisposed to weak punch resistance is total nonsense.
Troll or GTFO!
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #22
man_on_the_spot
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 892

nice analysis, strike.
first time I saw the guy as well and for the moment it is tough to seem him go far. Fighting like that, he would probably lose against a sturdy journeyman.
man_on_the_spot is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #23
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

For those who have seen him the first time I recommand checking out his last 3, where he shines and makes it easy as well as pretty. Szpilka's opponent made it ugly here because he could take his heavy punch and throw wild shots of his own. In these cases Szpilka needs to establish more distance and just be more patient. Still, its rather fickle to judge the guy based on 3:00 minutes of work. I'm still keeping my eyes wide open for him as I believe he brings a lot to the table -two hand power, quickness, upper body movement, and an aggressive style that is entertaining to watch. Nevertheless, he has a bit more proving to do now.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 AM   #24
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Maybe last 4 fights, because he didn't impress me much against Owen Beck, either. He pretty much did the same thing and just head hunted, except it worked out better for him since Owen barely threw back.

Personally I am getting a little sick of hearing about Szpilka.. yea he has looked good and shown signs of talent in his fights... but I am seeing his name pop up WAAAAYY too often on mainstream sites, about his every move, and even recently a small doc about him on TVP, and he really hasn't done shit to deserve the type of attention he is getting, other then knock around a couple of cans. I am now beginning to slowly lean towards that he is getting a bit too hyped for his own good at this point, at least by the media.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #25
*BOX_FAN*
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Szpilka's last 4 fights:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAn_BJuq6n4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSL30PwUco[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k3Xp5cZ3TU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60sjyIWbxDc[/ame]
*BOX_FAN* is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #26
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It's not so much that he can't take a punch, as he has completely regressed, throwing wide ass shots while his chin hangs out like yesterday's laundry. He needs to punch inside on a guy like this and keep his chin tucked with perhaps a little head movement. Doesn't seem to have the necessary focus or desire to be a student of the game.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #27
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 3457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
It's not so much that he can't take a punch, as he has completely regressed, throwing wide ass shots while his chin hangs out like yesterday's laundry. He needs to punch inside on a guy like this and keep his chin tucked with perhaps a little head movement. Doesn't seem to have the necessary focus or desire to be a student of the game.
In Szpila's post fight interviews he was all like "Now I see that I need to work a lot on my skills, there is a lot to be improved" (just a common sense, not the exact quote). Maybe this fight would be some kind of rude awakening for him. I think he realized that he isn't yet a complete boxer. Hope so...
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #28
pat19
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 720

He needed a beating to whoop his ass to a reality check. He is a good raw fighter and I know he poorly trained for this fight. He will not let that happen again and I expect him to work on a lot of his game still. There's lots of room for improvement and hopefully he gets it down.
pat19 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #29
Dave_JR
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!Spilka is awesome!Look at the speed the skill the power, is he God?
Dave_JR is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #30
funkykoval
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_JR View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!Spilka is awesome!Look at the speed the skill the power, is he God?
good one
funkykoval is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum