Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Wach stops Gavern

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VktkFTsG8Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VktkFTsG8Q[/ame]

That's his 6 KO in a row now and all against decent opposition. His KO power seems to have come later in his career, somewhat similar to Helenius I suppose. He's not far of a title shot now you would think. Still would like to see him strip some fat off himself all the same.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 3457
Default Re: Wach stops Gavern

I like it how he's improving with every fight. His KO power improved since he started to train more professionally, before he was more like a sparring partner for guys preparing fot Klitschkos.
This fight was quite exciting- something we don't have very often in HW recently. Good tempo, lots of punches, Wach seems to be very smart fighter. I only wish he was more dynamic. Right now he looks quite anemic;P But I believe it's just a matter of time and they'll improve it.

It's a pity he didn't fight McCall. Hope they will eventually meet in the ring
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He looks better in every fight. I thought last night he was much faster than against McBride. He also did well to establish effective distance and set up his right hand all night long. Gavern was in trouble from the first round and only survived that long on heart. I think last night`s Wach would have little problems with McCall.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
China Rich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
He looks better in every fight. I thought last night he was much faster than against McBride. He also did well to establish effective distance and set up his right hand all night long. Gavern was in trouble from the first round and only survived that long on heart. I think last night`s Wach would have little problems with McCall.
Wach is not going to be the guy who stops McCall...
China Rich is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #5
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rich View Post
Wach is not going to be the guy who stops McCall...
I didn`t say he would, I said he would have no problems winning. I would not be surprised if he stopped him since we are on the subject. Wach has a heavy punch and it often comes in bunches. I don`t see even McCall surviving the punch that knocked McBride out unconscious. Anyways I hope the fight gets made and I think McCall was very unprofessional to pull himself out at the last minute.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Pity the Mcall fight didn't come off, but then again, he is trying to be more of a KO puncher and develope that reputation, so in a way McCall was the wrong fight for him.

Rahmen would be perfect.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Where are all the racist bitches in this thread claiming Wach has no chin and blatantly hoping he will lose because of his ethnicity. Do that with fighters of colour and expect to be snitch, bitched of to the admins with a ban to follow.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 325

I'd like to see Wach in with another WBC ranked heavyweight for his next fight.

I think a win over Bermane Stiverne, Chauncy Welliver, Luis Ortiz, Franklin Lawrence or David Rodriguez would improve his chances of getting a title fight against Vitali in 2012.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_MacKenzie View Post

I think a win over Bermane Stiverne, Chauncy Welliver, Luis Ortiz, Franklin Lawrence or David Rodriguez would improve his chances of getting a title fight against Vitali in 2012.

You can rule Stiverne out anyway, he is already penciled in to face Vitali as it stands as his mandatory.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
You can rule Stiverne out anyway, he is already penciled in to face Vitali as it stands as his mandatory.
Vitali has fought two mandatories in 2011 (Solis and Adamek). He doesn't have to fight another for many months, he can fight anyone he wants now. Check the WBC website here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Austin-Stiverne was a WBC eliminator (and it was also for the WBC Silver title), but it was not a WBC final eliminator. So WBC #3 Stiverne is not Vitali's mandatory, at least not yet.

Chris Arreola is ranked #1 by the WBC but I haven't heard of him being declared the WBC mandatory yet. As far as I know, Chris plans to fight Wlad in 2012.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

This would be nice for his experience and profile, but not necessarily a pre requisite for a title shot. Let`s remember Wach was already seriously considered as Wlad`s opponent earlier this year but a lot of people balked, rightfully, at the prospect of this fight due to Wach`s weak credentials. In today`s HW climate, it won`t be too hard for Wach to secure a title shot, but the more exposure he gets beating top HWs, the more leverage he`ll get at the bargaining table with the stingy K2. I know that his plan is to have 2-3 more tougher fights, than try to fight for a title. My sense is that they will still try to make the fight with McCall, for the simple reason that they feel that Oliver is ripe for getting stopped and that would create a lot of buzz (relative to the fact that McCall is a very past prime fighter with all kinds of health issues). Wach would be a sort of legend (i.e., legendary chin) killer. The risk and reward ratio of this fight is huge, which is why I think they will still pursue it.

Last edited by lzolnier; 11-16-2011 at 10:58 AM.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #12
MR AMERICA
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning View Post
you can rule stiverne out anyway, he is already penciled in to face vitali as it stands as his mandatory.
stiverne stands a punchers chance, but they need him to be more active to fight the k bros, and he needs to move his head
MR AMERICA is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Vitali has fought two mandatories in 2011 (Solis and Adamek). He doesn't have to fight another for many months, he can fight anyone he wants now. Check the WBC website here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Austin-Stiverne was a WBC eliminator (and it was also for the WBC Silver title), but it was not a WBC final eliminator. So WBC #3 Stiverne is not Vitali's mandatory, at least not yet.

Chris Arreola is ranked #1 by the WBC but I haven't heard of him being declared the WBC mandatory yet. As far as I know, Chris plans to fight Wlad in 2012.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #14
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Some good heavyweights coming up in the ranks................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

I see Wach as a good tier two heavyweight, or if you prefer a top 15-25 type of talent.
Boxing needs good regional fighters.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum