Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #46
punisher
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why is bob arum and manny pacquiao focusing on excuses instead of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
You guys wanna get this straight? Did Floyd claim Pac is next or not. Settle this amongst yourselves before continuing and if you decide it is Pac, please provide a link to where Floyd said it.
I was being sarcastic in my previous post. Really, I know as much about this as you do.

Based on the information at hand, Floyd is planning to fight again on May 5 at MGM. That much is indisputable fact. He is looking to make the "biggest fight possible". Just dealing with the facts here.

It will be against Manny Pacquiao. He never said that.

Anything else is pure conjecture, based on vague statements recently made by Ellerbe, on Floyd's behalf.

Do I think Ellerbe is referring to Pacquiao, when he mentions "the little guy"? Yes.

Do I think Ellerbe is referring to Pacquiao as the opponent they are hoping to secure for Floyd, whe he says "Team Mayweather is looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that is" ? Yes.
punisher is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #47
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why is bob arum and manny pacquiao focusing on excuses instead of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
What a shitty way of negotiating
I wouldn't even call that negotiating, but I'm not going to go down that route

Plus why would Floyd call them now? I bet you it won't take a day after Manny beats Marquez for negotiations to start

was it a publicity stunt when Arum did it in May 2010
Are you being intentionally dense here? HBO INSISTED on this. If you don't know this, stop posting and go learn this stuff before posting again. Greenburg, or whatever his name is, was convinced he could get this done if he middled it and kept the personalities at bay. You are just being a tool a fool or both.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #48
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
I was being sarcastic in my previous post. Really, I know as much about this as you do.

Based on the information at hand, Floyd is planning to fight again on May 5 at MGM. That much is indisputable fact. He is looking to make the "biggest fight possible". Just dealing with the facts here.

It will be against Manny Pacquiao. He never said that.

Anything else is pure conjecture, based on vague statements recently made by Ellerbe, on Floyd's behalf.

Do I think Ellerbe is referring to Pacquiao, when he mentions "the little guy"? Yes.

Do I think Ellerbe is referring to Pacquiao as the opponent they are hoping to secure for Floyd, whe he says "Team Mayweather is looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that is" ? Yes.
Hard to tell with the general level of knowledge here. I really wanna see this fight but don't really believe it will ever happen.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #49
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

yeah, negotiating before a fight...

real smart. asswipe.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #50
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

I don't know why!!

I have thought about it and i don't see why he wouldn't WANT THIS.

I mean he's been saying "Floyd don't want it" etc etc..

Floyd comes out with a date and place and Arum LOOKS LIKE HE'S AFRAID.

ARUM SHOULDA RESPONDED, "FLOYD WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER THE MARQUEZ FIGHT TO GET ANY KIND OF A RESPONSE ETC.."..

ARUM SHOULD HAVE ALSO SAID THEY WERE WILLING TO TAKE THE TESTS AND IT WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE, WHEN/IF NEGOTIATIONS PROCEED AFTER THE JMM FIGHT.

SINCE ARUM IS NOT SAYING THIS, IM STARTING TO BELIEVE IT IS ARUM AND NOT PACQUIAO, WHO IS AFRAID OF MAYWEATHER.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #51
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Are you being intentionally dense here? HBO INSISTED on this. If you don't know this, stop posting and go learn this stuff before posting again. Greenburg, or whatever his name is, was convinced he could get this done if he middled it and kept the personalities at bay. You are just being a tool a fool or both.
Ok so why aren't they doing it this time? Why is Arum acting like a bitch and saying nobody from Mayweather's team contacted him.

And I still stand by that Mayweather's team will begin negotiations within a day after Pac/Marquez
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #52
punisher
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hard to tell with the general level of knowledge here. I really wanna see this fight but don't really believe it will ever happen.
Right, at this point, I'm not really counting on it happening either. But, if Floyd is serious, this is a move in the positive direction. He will have his people contact Arum's people and try to start negotiations, if he really wants to fight Pacquiao on May 5.

If there are issues over testing, after two years, coming from Team Pac, they are ducking...end of story. If there are problems with a 50/50 split, from either side, they are ducking...end of story. Barring issues that the fighters can't control, the venue and date already set are sufficent, IMO. If there was a rematch they could fight at a another venue and date of Team Pac's choice.
punisher is online now  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #53
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobyZhee View Post
yeah, negotiating before a fight...

real smart. asswipe.

You don't believe a pattern has emerged with Pac's last 3 being done deals before he even stepped in the ring makin' it seem like probably the thing to do?

Marquez and Pac did an interview together talkin' about their fight the night before Pac got in the ring with Mosely...
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #54
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:

The mediators public statements heavily imply to me that he wasn't exactly "neutral".
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #55
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Soo thats why Marquez was offered this fight before the mosley fight

and why Mosley was offered the fight before Pac fought Margarito

and Margarito before Clottey

And why Timmy Bradley was offfered the fight before pacs fought Marquez.

Arum doesnt want anything to do with Mayweather
top comment. Let the pactards explain their way out of that one
oli is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #56
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchamp11 View Post
for what goes down on May 5th?
Floyd has found a way out everytime to fighting Manny. If the fight happens it seems like he is going to have to make things happen.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #57
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So they forced to negotiated under these circumstances...

1. Even when a fight is just around corner (Nov 12)
2. Even if none in Floyd's team approach Arum to negotiate.
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #58
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Ok so why aren't they doing it this time? Why is Arum acting like a bitch and saying nobody from Mayweather's team contacted him.

And I still stand by that Mayweather's team will begin negotiations within a day after Pac/Marquez
Dude. You are funny as hell. Giving out what you know is half truths to bolster your opinion and proud to admit it.

How is saying no one from Mayweather's team acting like a bitch? Because you say so? Was the Mayweather team acting like a bitch when they said NO negotiations happened?

You just dig yourself deeper and deeper and don't seem to care. Have you ever actually watched any boxing, other that a Mayweather fight? Defending Mayweather seems to be your full time job.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 07:11 PM   #59
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
You don't believe a pattern has emerged with Pac's last 3 being done deals before he even stepped in the ring makin' it seem like probably the thing to do?

Marquez and Pac did an interview together talkin' about their fight the night before Pac got in the ring with Mosely...
yo, i'll tell you why the fight ain't happening in March OR May.

Floyd's going to jail that's why..

that's alright though, they'll still put in Timothy Bradley in or Mike Jones as a last second replacement.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #60
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post

Ever think this has become Arum's negotiating tool with Mayweather? I think he feels he let Floyd **** him around enough and he's going to show Floyd he don't need him. He has pretty much said as much. It may have finally worked IF Floyd comes to the table now with that date. Arum will give him another deadline to get it done though. And it will be quick. Maybe we will see how serious Floyd is now. Maybe we won't.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum