Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #16
Filthy McNasty
Punchy Old Pug
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: GRANT Hook and Loop Gloves $219.00!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Not making any comment on the padding because I suspect it is amazing... Anyone feel that the Winning covering deteriorates quickly? I have seen two guys' go from beautiful to crap quickly while my leather old faithfuls keep riding strong.

Rival makes amazing quality gloves. A little light on padding, but high quality. The only issue is the colors. Man they are horrible. Orange? Yuck.

To the original thread... Maybe this is a sea-change in China/Global Labor, but a lot of glove prices have gone insane lately.
You're right about those loud Rival colors.

I've seen the Winning's covering go too, no idea why.

I'd like to know if anyone has used the Title Gel. Saw one of the K bros use them, figure they have to be decent at least.

I remember when good quality bag gloves went for $35 a pair.
Filthy McNasty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 02:37 AM   #17
LiL Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
What company do you mean by "their" Cleto or Grant?

Winning does not make 'hook and loop'.

I never said Cleto was better than Grant.

You should: Learn to read correctly, learn to write correctly and then get your facts straight.
Actually I can read and write. Amazing how that comment came up. Maybe you need to take a class on comprehension. I was referring to your comment "
I'd recommend Reyes.

About half the price of Grant with the same (or very near) quality."

Your wrong. They are nowhere near in quality. Grant is form fitting, whereas Cleto has a huge hand compartment and is not to the quality of a Grant glove. Winning does make velcro gloves as well. I own them in black. You should know what your talking about before you chastise someone. However, I do agree as I said that grant has dropped in craftsmanship, and if they continue to decline and raise prices they will lose a lot of business. I guess we will have to wait and see what their new line looks like that drops in 2012 then.
LiL Hopkins is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #18
clarky75

I wish they would make these in 16oz and I would buy them today. 14oz no good for me. They only seem to sell the 16oz in lace up, which are no good for training sparring when you need to take your gloves off etc, painful to have someone lace up for you while your training. I hope they will make these hook and loop in 160z. At the moment I am using the Cleto Reyes hook and loop which I like also.
clarky75 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 03:03 AM   #19
LiL Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarky75 View Post
I wish they would make these in 16oz and I would buy them today. 14oz no good for me. They only seem to sell the 16oz in lace up, which are no good for training sparring when you need to take your gloves off etc, painful to have someone lace up for you while your training. I hope they will make these hook and loop in 160z. At the moment I am using the Cleto Reyes hook and loop which I like also.
A lot of people are licking their chops at the tweets from Grant Boxing right now. They are promising a new and improved line to be released in 2012. I am hoping also they make these in a heavier weight. Let's all cross our fingers they do this for us. They are never going to compete with Winning in terms of brand diversity until they break the 16 oz glove barrier in my opinion.
LiL Hopkins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing