Old 11-10-2011, 03:57 AM   #31
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666
Default Re: Dislocated my jaw....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnxhands View Post
how the **** do you dislocate your jaw. it breaks sometimes yeah but a dislocation... you can dislocate shoulders n shit but a jaw..
in fact you can. Mine is cast iron so I don't have this problem but a friend of mine....
Leonit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #32
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Why the hell has nobody mentioned the obvious solution which is to see your doctor and have it x-rayed if necessary?
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 04:02 AM   #33
Dirty Bastard
Dirty As Hell
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 618

Free Post x 2
Dirty Bastard is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #34
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

mouthpiece protects your gums and your teeth and it also helps you absorb a punch to the jaw,

have an X Ray before sparring again.
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #35
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

obviously you're young and will heal.... if you notice some extra clicking or shifting when moving your jaw, you best tell your parents about the injury and get it checked out. If you allow your jaw to heal the wrong way, it may cause some permanent problems till fixed thru surgery...

Be smart, go to a sports store and get a friggin mouthguard! Keep your teeth clenched down in it and it'll keep your jaw solid and prevent your jaw busting like that...
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #36
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonzaps View Post
so basically i was going body sparring only. and then the other guy just hits me in my jaw/chin area didn't see it coming and i almost got knocked out. vision blurred/ disoriented vision/ felt unbalanced and tipsy for around 25 seconds. the pain got worse every minute couldn't even chew my dinner properly. and my jaws are KILLING ME. i cant tell my parents because they'll just cancel my boxing lessons. are mouthpieces only for protecting your teeth or your jaw as well?
Ignore the ridiculous comments elsewhere on this chain. Gumshield's only protect your teeth. But there's a lesson here. Even if just body sparring, keep your hands up, your chin down and your mouth closed (biting down on the gummy as suggested elsewhere). And, I hope you gave him a cheap shot back too.

It's all part of the business mate. If you can eat (even if it's painful too) then you'll be alright. Give it a week or so and it will start feeling better. In a couple of weeks you'll probably just feel clicking that you didnt think was there before, it was - you're just noticing it now. In three weeks you'll be right as rain. If you're struggling to eat though - see a doctor.

Keep your hands up. First rule.

Last edited by PaddyD1983; 11-10-2011 at 06:47 AM.
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #37
PaddyD1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
You should sue. If it was only body sparring and he sucker punched you, that's assault. Make the guy atleast pay for your medical bills getting your jaw wired back in place
Get out
PaddyD1983 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #38
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyD1983 View Post
Ignore the ridiculous comments elsewhere on this chain. Gumshield's only protect your teeth. But there's a lesson here. Even if just body sparring, keep your hands up, your chin down and your mouth closed (biting down on the gummy as suggested elsewhere). And, I hope you gave him a cheap shot back too.

It's all part of the business mate. If you can eat (even if it's painful too) then you'll be alright. Give it a week or so and it will start feeling better. In a couple of weeks you'll probably just feel clicking that you didnt think was there before, it was - you're just noticing it now. In three weeks you'll be right as rain. If you're struggling to eat though - see a doctor.

Keep your hands up. First rule.
This is a good post.

The boxing ring (even in sparring) is no place to get too comfortable and expect nothing wrong's going to happen. It doesn't matter if it's only body sparring or "soft" sparring, protect yourself as if it was a real fight. It will benefit you more because you'll learn it as a habbit, and also there's always a chance someones tries a cheap shot on you or just accidently hits you hard/in the face/etc. Always wear a mouthguard for protection and to get used to breathing with it while boxing (wear it from the warm up, through work outs, and specially when you spar even if it's with a girl).
Zaryu is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #39
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 110

mouthguards just stop your teeth jarring into each other and your tounge, rather than pure impact protection. If serious thread is serious, see a doc, otherwise has been suggested hands up and chin down and dont get Ortized.
Sai is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #40
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

First thing you need to do is see a doctor your parents don't need to go with you. You are in a combat sport looking after yourself is really important.

Second thing is when sparring even if practising to the body you should always be aware and on your guard.

Good luck!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #41
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Glass jawed noob.
fatcity is online now  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #42
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm guessing the retarded responses are from the general forum?

The actual answer is see a professional.
viru§™ is online now  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #43
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member

At least for the meantime, you can chew your food on 'manual' that is, add some water to your meals and grind it with mortar and pestle so you can ingest it as a form of paste. Once you start complaining your arms are tired, you'll realise you've been chewing with those same set of jaws UNTIRINGLY your whole life and forgot to keep them shut and tight in the middle of a fight. Just sayin' how strong the jaw actually is, if you broke it out of sheer laziness. Yes, CLENCH THE TEETH.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 11:42 PM   #44
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

id see a doctor mate get it checked out if its hurting u bad should go in a couple weeks id of thought
donizhere is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing