Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanc3210 View Post
The question was if it was a fair fight or who is better it was if it was a matabooboo or not
Prick of a ref !!
swilson120 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
pegson123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

everyone makes their own deal
pegson123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #18
baha74
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 243
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

what the hell's a matabubu ? ?
baha74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
madmanc3210
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by baha74 View Post
what the hell's a matabubu ? ?
Nothing yogi
madmanc3210 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #20
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,981
vCash: 75
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Actually i think Kostya had an advantage being at 2am. Don't forget he arrived in England as late as possible and 2am UK was 11am Australian time, so he didn't change his clock at all. If anything Hatton needed to adjust more to the 2am start.

Anyway this fights been well documented and done to death.... Hatton got Zoo at the right time and it was still a 50/50 fight heading into the later rds.

Hatton was a huge underdog and fought a great fight so we must not forget that.......... Overall Zoo had a better career and prime v prime probably wins, but that didn't happen and we must all live with the result.
the beaver is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #21
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
Bit odd to adjust and train to be ready around 2. Just my opinion, I dunno maybe it's normal.......
Its like JOSEY wrote, you need to adjust your time clock to fight at that time. What KT did was take advice from someone at the AIS as this is where he would go for his training camps at times, they told him not to change his routine/time, imo this as well as the home town advantage and ref in hattons pocket was a recipe for distaster that night for KT.

He should have adjusted to UK time in Australia. Fact is they under estimated KT, i spoke to Johnny Lewis at his home about 6 months before the fight was signed. Hattons people had been calling our KT in the media so the question was asked and Johnny said Hatton wasnt in the same league as KT and that Hatton wasnt on their radar. 6 months later and 5 million dollars , the fight is made.

KT should have rematched Hatton but he tucked tail between legs, told everyone for yrs and yrs he didnt know what he was going to do and still tells people today he is not retired. Greed and Money is what went wrong with his legacy, he started to fight infrequently, fcked over Bill Mordey for a Russian promoter, fcked over Johnny Lewis with money, told everyone when he retired he will cut his pony tail off, 7 yrs he hasnt had a fight and he still rekons he is not retired! Perhaps he is waiting for Hatton to be put in a wheel chair or Vince Phillips to be in Rehab again before he makes another come back?

I liked KT but his legacy is tarnished big time and in more ways than one, just another greedy slime ball russian.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
madmanc3210
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,496
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Its like JOSEY wrote, you need to adjust your time clock to fight at that time. What KT did was take advice from someone at the AIS as this is where he would go for his training camps at times, they told him not to change his routine/time, imo this as well as the home town advantage and ref in hattons pocket was a recipe for distaster that night for KT.

He should have adjusted to UK time in Australia. Fact is they under estimated KT, i spoke to Johnny Lewis at his home about 6 months before the fight was signed. Hattons people had been calling our KT in the media so the question was asked and Johnny said Hatton wasnt in the same league as KT and that Hatton wasnt on their radar. 6 months later and 5 million dollars , the fight is made.

KT should have rematched Hatton but he tucked tail between legs, told everyone for yrs and yrs he didnt know what he was going to do and still tells people today he is not retired. Greed and Money is what went wrong with his legacy, he started to fight infrequently, fcked over Bill Mordey for a Russian promoter, fcked over Johnny Lewis with money, told everyone when he retired he will cut his pony tail off, 7 yrs he hasnt had a fight and he still rekons he is not retired! Perhaps he is waiting for Hatton to be put in a wheel chair or Vince Phillips to be in Rehab again before he makes another come back?

I liked KT but his legacy is tarnished big time and in more ways than one, just another greedy slime ball russian.
madmanc3210 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #23
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 0
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Hatton pushed a fast paced fight that the inactive Kostya couldn't keep with. No one forced Kostya to go over to the UK & fight, must of been the big $5mil payday that drew him there. Its no different than our Oz fighters trying to get the world champs to come to them down under.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #24
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 0
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Thsi question is for madmanpom............do you think Ricky was ill prepared for Pacman.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #25
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Of course he wasn't.

"Right hook, roll under...he'll never catch me with that!"
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #26
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 0
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

That was suppose to get a rise out of Madpom Leon..........I'm just joking.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #27
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,865
vCash: 346
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Thsi question is for madmanpom............do you think Ricky was ill prepared for Pacman.
Hatton didnt get to dictate his terms with the pacman fight, he didnt even have the same promoter anymore pulling the strings and trying to give Hatton every advantage he could possibly drum up. In short hatton was exposed for what he truely is on a world stage. Pure Gold for the KT fans imho.

some may say well whats that say about KT, it says nothing imo, he was caught out just like he was with Vince Phillips, he got to greedy , to fat, to inactive and it caught up with him. KT should have rematched Hatton is Australia and secured his legacy and who knows, we could have seen KT vs Pacman instead which imo would have been a farkn awsome bout.

I blame frank ****** & KTs greed for his demise.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #28
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,770
vCash: 367
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

tc, just curious to know. who are the boxers u have followed and respect?
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #29
jack365
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Hatton didnt get to dictate his terms with the pacman fight, he didnt even have the same promoter anymore pulling the strings and trying to give Hatton every advantage he could possibly drum up. In short hatton was exposed for what he truely is on a world stage. Pure Gold for the KT fans imho.

some may say well whats that say about KT, it says nothing imo, he was caught out just like he was with Vince Phillips, he got to greedy , to fat, to inactive and it caught up with him. KT should have rematched Hatton is Australia and secured his legacy and who knows, we could have seen KT vs Pacman instead which imo would have been a farkn awsome bout.

I blame frank ****** & KTs greed for his demise.
Bollocks. Apart from the Pac fight Hatton had a pretty decent record on the "world stage". He got raped by an ATG that night. I can see why the KT fans enjoyed though.
jack365 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #30
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did tszyu have a matabubu against hatton

Take nothing away from hatton. Tszyu wasnt the cleanest fighter either, he often pushed an opponents head down and used his forearms. Nothing like ricky, but still.

Here's the real deal...

Tszyu struggled with his weight in the last two to three weeks of camp. Chief sparring partner emanuel augustus told me that kostya had a very hard right hand ( no secret) but once they got to the uk, he noticed it didnt have the same power on it. Kostya was getting weak from losing weight...remember he was a bit like ricky...he didnt stay in great shape between fights.

As for the fight itself, after the fight tszyu suffered from head aches and had a lot of swelling at the rear of his head. Precautionary scans were ok.

Ricky said it best...its not a tickling contest. Yeah, kostya was a weakened, maybe " old" fighter that night. But thats boxing, rarely do you get both fighters at 100% physically and mentally for one reason or another at the chmpionship level.

Ricky deserved the win.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013