Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #76
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kirkland vs Mayorga that fought Forrest who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussleman View Post
Kirkland with Wolfe in his corner by stoppage inside 4 rounds,
I don't think Kirkland makes it 4 if he faced Mayorga. Stoppage within the first 3 rounds is more like it with Cardo having a celebration smoke before the post fight interviews begin.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #77
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
Originally Posted by conditioner101 View Post
How long ago was it that he was caught driving with a loaded gun in his truck??? OWNED!!!! How many felonies was he been convicted of? Look how he carries himself... the image he portrays. THUG/PUNK/BULLY! How poetic that he got smashed to the canvas by a light punching Japanese guy.
Agenda??? People like him are bad for the image of the sport of boxing. Guys like Tito Trinidad, Alexis Arguello, Mickey Ward, and so on.... true warriors that were respected as both fighters and human beings.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
What does carrying a gun matter, and if you are carrying a gun why shouldn't it be loaded? I always gay mine loaded.

From what I've looked at James has only been convicted of armed robbery and served 2.5 years and was out on probation, the gun wouldn't have even been an issue if not for the probation I believe, but what does any of that have to do with being a thug or terrible person? He made a mistake in robbing (the only victim oriented illegality he committed) other than that he hasn't messed with anyone.

Like I said though, the shit you are spewing out sounds like you have an agenda. You don't know the man to have written down the shit you wrote and it only serves to show you as an unbalanced individual.

He got beat by Ishida in a boxing match, last time I checked no one in this thread said he had an iron chin and was never KO'd or beaten.

How are ex-cons who turn their lives around through the sport a bad image for boxing? I guess LaMotta was terrible for boxing as well, Sugar Ray Robinson as well right? LOL. You have no logical argument that can be made to support the shit you are saying about Kirkland, you do know that right?

Quote:
THIS is what a real puncher looks like. DUMBASS
Wow Kirkland has never beat a man up either did he? LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1ugoEW3kk[/ame]

Not hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
If you read my post and comprehended my statement you would have seen I said that James was "close" or Closer to going to sleep than Angulo.

All James did was cover up after the KD. He let Angulo punch himself out who was more than willing to oblige. Angulo was hoping for a stoppage based on his opponent being too hurt and unaware to defend himself or to answer back.

If you know anything about Angulo...you know his trainer is one Nacho Bernstien. A renown world class boxing trainer who has a strong emphasis on counter punching. Ever hear of Ricardo Lopez or the Marquez brothers?

Angulo's typical style is one that goes forward with no reverse. But with Nacho Angluo was working on defense and counter punching. James backing Angulo up means absolutey nothing when considering how James fell right into a counter punch by way of Angulo's fist.

James is a good fighter...he's got decent power and his best quality is his mentality. He is a fighter and he's willing to mix it up. It's also going to be his Achilles heel.
I read your post and I responded to it, Kirkland was nowhere close to being unconscious. Angulo was out on his feet when the ref stopped the fight and he was out prior to the first knockdown when Kirkland was unloading on him in the corner, fortunately for him he can recover quickly.

He covered up, and rolled punches, but he also took some shots flush as well.

I know about Angulo and I know this was also his first fight with Nacho. To expect Angulo to change his fighting style off one camp is ridiculous to assert.

Backing up Angulo means a lot, because it is obvious it did not like getting backed up and battered against the ropes. He did land a nice counter though, but I doubt the gameplan was for slow ass Angulo to try to be the counter puncher while taking punishment.

I agree James is a good solid fighter, not a world beater yet, but he is still learning his craft and developing. Hell watching the Angulo fight and then watching the Julio fight you can see the advances he has made in his craft.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #78
gr33nfather
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

its funny because everybody was thinking Angulo's gonna destroy Kirkland(including me), and see what happen
gr33nfather is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #79
gr33nfather
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tito hit harder than Kirkland seriously? he never hurt Hopkins NEVER and Tito was the favorite LOL
gr33nfather is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #80
conditioner101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
What does carrying a gun matter, and if you are carrying a gun why shouldn't it be loaded? I always gay mine loaded.

From what I've looked at James has only been convicted of armed robbery and served 2.5 years and was out on probation, the gun wouldn't have even been an issue if not for the probation I believe, but what does any of that have to do with being a thug or terrible person? He made a mistake in robbing (the only victim oriented illegality he committed) other than that he hasn't messed with anyone.

Like I said though, the shit you are spewing out sounds like you have an agenda. You don't know the man to have written down the shit you wrote and it only serves to show you as an unbalanced individual.

He got beat by Ishida in a boxing match, last time I checked no one in this thread said he had an iron chin and was never KO'd or beaten.

How are ex-cons who turn their lives around through the sport a bad image for boxing? I guess LaMotta was terrible for boxing as well, Sugar Ray Robinson as well right? LOL. You have no logical argument that can be made to support the shit you are saying about Kirkland, you do know that right?

Wow Kirkland has never beat a man up either did he? LOL

Not hard.

I read your post and I responded to it, Kirkland was nowhere close to being unconscious. Angulo was out on his feet when the ref stopped the fight and he was out prior to the first knockdown when Kirkland was unloading on him in the corner, fortunately for him he can recover quickly.

He covered up, and rolled punches, but he also took some shots flush as well.

I know about Angulo and I know this was also his first fight with Nacho. To expect Angulo to change his fighting style off one camp is ridiculous to assert.

Backing up Angulo means a lot, because it is obvious it did not like getting backed up and battered against the ropes. He did land a nice counter though, but I doubt the gameplan was for slow ass Angulo to try to be the counter puncher while taking punishment.

I agree James is a good solid fighter, not a world beater yet, but he is still learning his craft and developing. Hell watching the Angulo fight and then watching the Julio fight you can see the advances he has made in his craft.
Hey genius... a convicted felon carrying a gun is a felony. DUH! Yeah James really turned his life around through boxing. Career interrupted two times do to felony convictions.
Glorifying idiots like him are one of the reasons this country sucks. We make heroes and celebrities out of trash.
He got more then beat by Ishida... he got dropped 3 times, and stopped in less then three minutes by a guy with 6 ko's.
Prime Mayorga eats Kirkland for breakfast. 100 times out of a 100.
conditioner101 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #81
conditioner101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33nfather View Post
Tito hit harder than Kirkland seriously? he never hurt Hopkins NEVER and Tito was the favorite LOL
This is officially the second dumbest statement in ESB history. Tito > career welterweight. Moves up to 160 and fights the most highly regarded, and successful middleweight in decades and fights him tooth and nail for almost 12 full rounds. I would love to see Kirkland move up to super middleweight and fight Ward, Froch, or Bute. LOL SMASHED. Does anyone think he goes 12 rounds?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #82
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

It wouldn't even take prime Mayorga actually... Mayo would brutalize Kirkland right NOW. He put in a pretty good performance against a Cotto that imho would register an early stoppage v. Kirkland if they fought tomorrow.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #83
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33nfather View Post
When's the last time you ever saw Hopkins hurt, genius? You do realize that there's a huge difference between fighting Hopkins, at least arguably the greatest MW champ EVER, and fighting a punched out and exhausted, spaghetti legged and arm-weary Angulo?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #84
conditioner101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Do you even watch Boxing? Good lord man Kirkland beats Angulo in a fight he was wobbled by a Jab and on hs ass in 30 seconds and now he is better than Tito and Mayorga?

Kirkland has ZERO Chin and no skills at all. None. Ishida is a mover he is not going to stand there flat footed like Angulo did. If Kirkland fights Ishida again the result will be the same a KO in 1 round. Can't believe the hype Kirkland is getting on here. The guy is a joke.
Are you kidding... with Ann "Gangsta muhh fuggin" Wolfe in his corner James has the punching power of Mike Tyson, the chin of Jake LaMotta, and the stamina of Henry Armstrong... x 10! LOL
Old 11-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #85
conditioner101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
When's the last time you ever saw Hopkins hurt, genius? You do realize that there's a huge difference between fighting Hopkins, at least arguably the greatest MW champ EVER, and fighting a punched out and exhausted, spaghetti legged and arm-weary Angulo?
Amen... can you imagine Kirkland fighting Yori Boy Campos?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #86
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Amen... can you imagine Kirkland fighting Yori Boy Campos?
If Hard Nard hadn't been running things, Tito WOULD have been MW champ and a dominant one too. He'd certainly take that shit over if he were fighting today. Yori Boy would decapitate Kirkand with one of those left hooks, he'd eat him up. Kirkland is a dream matchup for a true hardass like Campos.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #87
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If Hard Nard hadn't been running things, Tito WOULD have been MW champ and a dominant one too. He'd certainly take that shit over if he were fighting today. Yori Boy would decapitate Kirkand with one of those left hooks, he'd eat him up. Kirkland is a dream matchup for a true hardass like Campos.
If Nard hadn't been in his way, Tito was moving up to 168 for a catch weight with Roy. Trinidad was the Hearns of his time no doubt.

I'm not too high on Kirkland's potential, but I think some folks are downing him a little more than he deserves. We still haven't seen his prime, but saying he'd lose to Campas is a bit off. And if he survives early with Mayorga, I'd favor him to win late.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #88
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
If Nard hadn't been in his way, Tito was moving up to 168 for a catch weight with Roy. Trinidad was the Hearns of his time no doubt.

I'm not too high on Kirkland's potential, but I think some folks are downing him a little more than he deserves. We still haven't seen his prime, but saying he'd lose to Campas is a bit off. And if he survives early with Mayorga, I'd favor him to win late.
Do a little research on Yori Boy. He had a cast iron chin and a left hook that could knock a wall down, he's a level above Kirkland at least. It was his bad luck that he was around at a time when the welterweight division was EXTREMELY strong, the strongest it had been since the SRL-Hearns-Benitez days. I'm not trying to 'down' Kirkland. He comes to fight and he gives it his all. I just don't think he has much potential, and I also think that if Angulo hadn't been so goddam stupid he would have handled Kirkland with ease.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #89
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussleman View Post
Kirkland with Wolfe in his corner by stoppage inside 4 rounds,
whats a bitch gonna do to save kirkland from being raped?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #90
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Do a little research on Yori Boy. He had a cast iron chin and a left hook that could knock a wall down, he's a level above Kirkland at least. It was his bad luck that he was around at a time when the welterweight division was EXTREMELY strong, the strongest it had been since the SRL-Hearns-Benitez days. I'm not trying to 'down' Kirkland. He comes to fight and he gives it his all. I just don't think he has much potential, and I also think that if Angulo hadn't been so goddam stupid he would have handled Kirkland with ease.
I remember Yori Boy's fight with Marquez, he tore his face up and made him quit. He was rugged, but he could be grinded out even in his prime. Just because James might not knock him out, it wouldn't deter James. He had that with Ossie Duran and actually picks up steam later in the fight.

Angulo was a fabricated product. If he hadn't punched himself out early, he would've taken a beaten in the later rounds. The guy was handled very carefully through his career to create an image of being a monster.
Eastcoast is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum