Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #46
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Accrington, UK, in the Gym
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploys View Post
no...by his logic vitali lost to ross purrity...

& even tho the official result says vitali by tko...the stoppage on on cuts is an unacceptable result...& there was no rematch.
Well precisely. There seems to be a distinct lack of thought when the 'Vitali never lost to Lewis' argument comes up. What if a fighter is behind on points and knocks out his opponent - is that not really a win either? Such as Ali vs Lyle or Chavez vs Taylor?

What is a stoppage by cut exactly? It's a stoppage induced by a blow or blows that render an opponent incapable of continuing the contest due to physical damage sustained as a result of those blow(s).

What is a KO exactly? As in a complete knockout cold? It's a stoppage induced by blows or blows that render an opponent incapable of continuing the contest due to physical damage sustained as a result of those blow(s).

A KO is unconsciousness induced by massive physical trauma on the brain, i.e. physical injury. A stoppage on a cut is damage to tissue, again, physical injury.

There is NO difference. Both stoppages are a result of physical damage caused by blows received.

Really now, logic dictates that this argument needs to be left aside, otherwise any stoppage victory won by a fighter who was behind can be called 'not really a victory' Clearly this is absurd. Case closed.
godlikerich is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #47
PDubs
Legend
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Freddie Roach avn
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouche View Post
He should have stopped Buster and Holyfield first
When tyson was in his prime he had awesome i mean awesome boxing skill, speed, and power. the other tyson had brute force and power, combined with some speed. plus holyfield headbutted all night.... REAL FAIR
PDubs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
Antigoon
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 76
vCash: 736
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlikerich View Post
Well precisely. There seems to be a distinct lack of thought when the 'Vitali never lost to Lewis' argument comes up. What if a fighter is behind on points and knocks out his opponent - is that not really a win either? Such as Ali vs Lyle or Chavez vs Taylor?

What is a stoppage by cut exactly? It's a stoppage induced by a blow or blows that render an opponent incapable of continuing the contest due to physical damage sustained as a result of those blow(s).

What is a KO exactly? As in a complete knockout cold? It's a stoppage induced by blows or blows that render an opponent incapable of continuing the contest due to physical damage sustained as a result of those blow(s).

A KO is unconsciousness induced by massive physical trauma on the brain, i.e. physical injury. A stoppage on a cut is damage to tissue, again, physical injury.

There is NO difference. Both stoppages are a result of physical damage caused by blows received.

Really now, logic dictates that this argument needs to be left aside, otherwise any stoppage victory won by a fighter who was behind can be called 'not really a victory' Clearly this is absurd. Case closed.
Exactly!
Antigoon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #49
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouche View Post
There is no evidence Vit can be beat bar the injury, none. All these years in the ring there wasn't a single fighter who was not outclassed and schooled by Vitali, including Lewis.
Injuries are a part of boxing therefore this post is irrelevant
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #50
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 1036
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlikerich View Post
Well precisely. There seems to be a distinct lack of thought when the 'Vitali never lost to Lewis' argument comes up. What if a fighter is behind on points and knocks out his opponent - is that not really a win either? Such as Ali vs Lyle or Chavez vs Taylor?

What is a stoppage by cut exactly? It's a stoppage induced by a blow or blows that render an opponent incapable of continuing the contest due to physical damage sustained as a result of those blow(s).

What is a KO exactly? As in a complete knockout cold? It's a stoppage induced by blows or blows that render an opponent incapable of continuing the contest due to physical damage sustained as a result of those blow(s).

A KO is unconsciousness induced by massive physical trauma on the brain, i.e. physical injury. A stoppage on a cut is damage to tissue, again, physical injury.

There is NO difference. Both stoppages are a result of physical damage caused by blows received.

Really now, logic dictates that this argument needs to be left aside, otherwise any stoppage victory won by a fighter who was behind can be called 'not really a victory' Clearly this is absurd. Case closed.
There is a difference though, Vitali was more then willing and able to fight and was well ahead in the fight. That is not the case if a boxer is knocked out.

This is the type of fight that demands a remtach but that never happened.
Big Red is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #51
PDubs
Legend
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Freddie Roach avn
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Let's be honest here... I could make a whole list of prime heavyweight legends that would beat and possibly even destroy vitali.... you want me to make a list so you can see all of the people he would lose to?
PDubs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #52
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FUCK Bob arum
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Lewis tko6
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #53
Capt Howdy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 440
vCash: 312
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Anyone can be beaten on any given night. And Vitali has two L's on his record. They happened, it happens, thats boxing.
Capt Howdy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #54
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pazinfowit, Esperantia
Posts: 24,841
vCash: 26665
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Guys, Vitali is a legend in this sport. His very name frightens Rafael and gives wood to Sugar (Bert, not Niko).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

So, STFU!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #55
tbp82
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 480
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

No need to get emotional here but to say Primo Canara 2 could have beat any heavyweight of any era is going to far. I won't even justify responding to the real all-time greats here but a fight I would have love to have seem would've been Ike Ibeuachi vs. either Klitscho especially Vitali (Ibeauachi would've had an easier time with Wlad) I think that would've been a great fight.
tbp82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #56
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FUCK Bob arum
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Lewis tko6
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #57
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 7,374
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir23 View Post
FACTS about Vitali Klitschko

- WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world

- All Time Great and Hall Of Famer

- Has never truly lost

- There is no blueprint to beat him

- He is unbeatable

- He is the most dominant fighter of all time

- He has dominated every opponent he has ever faced

- 45 have tried and 45 have been dominated

- Has never been behind on the scorecards at the end of a fight

- Has never been knocked down

- He is the most intimidating HW of all time

- Greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time

- Only man ever to be world heavyweight champ in boxing and kickboxing

- Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

- Vitali beats any HW from any era.
Dude you are really making it harder for many guys to like Klitschkos...

Just shut the fuk up man.

I feel sorry for you..
MaliBua is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #58
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Accrington, UK, in the Gym
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
There is a difference though, Vitali was more then willing and able to fight and was well ahead in the fight. That is not the case if a boxer is knocked out.

This is the type of fight that demands a remtach but that never happened.
A fighter can be miles ahead and still be knocked out. And the reasons for the stoppage are still exactly the same - physical injury. The 'able to fight' part is debatable. If a fighter is out cold he can obviously not carry on, I do see your point there. But if a fighter is badly cut to such an extent he may suffer permanent injury (to the eye in Vitali's case) then he too is not able to carry on in the fight. Both are the result of physical injury, both are serious enough to warrant stopping the fight. Also being 'willing' to carry on is irrelevant - badly hurt fighters are often 'willing' to carry on. Some guys need to saved from themselves.

If this fight got a rematch so would thousands of others in boxing history that are NOT debated.
godlikerich is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #59
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: in my house
Posts: 5,640
vCash: 762
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcount View Post
No blueprint?

Pele Reid knocked him out with a kick to the jaw as an amateur (not to the thigh as Vitali claims) -

“Our fourth Gold came from Pele Reid when, after some superb fights, he met Klitschko of CIS (Russia) in the finals of the 89 plus category...an opponent even taller than Pele! With little trouble, Pele KO’d the huge Russian in round two with a reverse spinning kick to take the gold.”

Martial Arts Illustrated 1993 - Peter Lewis


I won't mention Lennox.
i laugh at this everytime i hear it..vitali must be lieing right it musnt be pele reid lol...anyway who gives a **** if he lost as a kickboxer i think he was talking about pro boxing u tit...as for the thread starter are you on glue vitali lost to lewis..i dont care if he was winning he lost the fight shit happens..he beat lewis ass but still lost.if you had of said that then i would have agreed but you didnt..lewis tko 6 you crazy ass bitch..and by the way wlad uds vitali
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #60
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10,935
vCash: 122
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko is an unbeatable monster. He would beat any HW from any era

Lewis TKO6 Vitlay

DrMo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013