Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 03:53 AM   #31
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko vs Brewster training and press conference pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Brewster's cooked guys, he's taken x amount of brutal beatings and looks like shit right now.

This is a payday for Brewster and a perfect way for Wlad to avenge a fluke loss, Wlad in 4 rounds, Brewster's punch resistance has slipped also.

Of course, you'll see a ton of people impressed when Wlad takes this guy out relatively early and with ease, but it's the most realistic thing to happen actually.
No way Brewster is cooked...He fought without vision in one of his eyes and still almost pulled it off...Brewster has been threw less beatings than Wlad, and has showed more heart when tested with such a fighter....I love Wlad's skill and size in the HW division but one thing remains true with Klitschko - IT ONLY TAKES ONE GOOD SHOT.
PBF P4P #1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2007, 03:54 AM   #32
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBF P4P #1
No way Brewster is cooked...He fought without vision in one of his eyes and still almost pulled it off...Brewster has been threw less beatings than Wlad, and has showed more heart when tested with such a fighter....I love Wlad's skill and size in the HW division but one thing remains true with Klitschko - IT ONLY TAKES ONE GOOD SHOT.
That can be said about any boxer when he is fighting a power puncher.... but still.....When did it only take one good shot against Wladimir?
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #33
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
That can be said about any boxer when he is fighting a power puncher.... but still.....When did it only take one good shot against Wladimir?
You know as well as I do that when that good shot lands he is not the same....Sanders got him with the first one and he was wondering around getting pummelled for two rounds....Brewster caught him and he stumbled around and ended up getting leveled at the bell and having no clue of where he was at.....Did he get up from the shots? YES...Was he able to recover from the shots? NO....This means you can land that good shot and affect him for a good period of time....

Did he hang in with Peter? Yeah but those were more pushes behind the head and not a true test of the chin....

Should Wlad win? YES....Do I think he will win? YES....I'm just saying I would never put my $$$ on him because if that left hook lands and sends him down queer street I don't know if he will fight back or wonder around lost until he gets finished off.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 AM   #34
Prime Director

If Manny uses the blueprint from Lewis vs Tua it should be an easy fight.
Prime Director is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:14 AM   #35
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
You know as well as I do that when that good shot lands he is not the same....Sanders got him with the first one and he was wondering around getting pummelled for two rounds....Brewster caught him and he stumbled around and ended up getting leveled at the bell and having no clue of where he was at.....Did he get up from the shots? YES...Was he able to recover from the shots? NO....This means you can land that good shot and affect him for a good period of time....

Did he hang in with Peter? Yeah but those were more pushes behind the head and not a true test of the chin....

Should Wlad win? YES....Do I think he will win? YES....I'm just saying I would never put my $$$ on him because if that left hook lands and sends him down queer street I don't know if he will fight back or wonder around lost until he gets finished off.
You make a very good point there about Wladimir being hurt and taking a long time to recover after a big blow. Same exact thing happened in the 10th round against Peter, Wladimir was dropped and he just stayed on the ropes for the last 30 seconds totally lost while Peter was throwing, if 1 minute was left instead of 30 seconds I believe Peter would've finished it that round because Wladimir wasn't doing anything at that point and looked totally exhausted. Above all, very good point.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:17 AM   #36
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:

Wladimir has had 140 amateur fights, and 51 professional fights. That is 191 fights and he has only been stopped three times. I would say that your theory is obviously not supported by facts.

Against Puritty, he was simply gassed out and was stopped on his feet as he simply couldn't defend himself properly anymore. His own trainer simply stepped in because Wladimir's health was a concern... he wasn't caught with a good shot that turned the fight around at all. He was caught by several shots towards the end of that fight, and in the last round when it was stopped he wasn't even knocked down. He got hit with about a clean 7 punch power combination and took it fine. He simply couldn't fight any longer due to the fact that he blew his wad. It was his 24th fight in a two year span, 6 fight in 6 months, he weighed about 225 pounds and was sick coming into the fight. That sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with one punch being all it took.

Against Sanders.... Sanders can change any fight with any man with just one punch. However, Wlad took several power shots from him before he went down the first time. He also kept getting up to get knocked down 3 more times. So what? It didn't only take one punch, and when you are fighting a dangerous person like Corrie Sanders shit like that can happen. Wlad wasn't prepared for it and he payed the price. Even then... it clearly wasn't just one punch that took Wlad out.

Against Brewster, everyone with a brain saw that Wladimir was finished after that 4th round and Brewster hadn't done shit to him yet. Wlad was gasping for air, and looked like death in that 5th round before Brewster even landed anything. The commentators where even pointing it out before Brewster landed his shots. Then, Brewster landed TWO flush consecutive left hooks in a row... and Wlad didn't drop. Wlad backed to the ropes and took several more shots... and then several more before the round ended. After the bell Brewster was still swinging through with a shot that hit/pushed Wlad in the back of the head... Wlad moved forward and tripped over the ref's legs... and due to his exhaustion he could hardly return to his feet. Where do you get one punch out of that? That was all it took? How about Wladimir being completely exhausted, and Brewster landing several power shots... that is what it took.

Even though I completely blew that out of the water... if you still wanted to believe that his only 3 losses were all due to one punch.... then I would still wonder how 3 fights can define a 191 fight amateur and professional career.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:18 AM   #37
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
You make a very good point there about Wladimir being hurt and taking a long time to recover after a big blow. Same exact thing happened in the 10th round against Peter, Wladimir was dropped and he just stayed on the ropes for the last 30 seconds totally lost while Peter was throwing, if 1 minute was left instead of 30 seconds I believe Peter would've finished it that round because Wladimir wasn't doing anything at that point and looked totally exhausted. Above all, very good point.
Yeah I felt the same way about the Peter fight but I gave him the benefit of the doubt for coming back after the 4th or 5th or whenever the behind-the-head shots were landed.

Last edited by Koa; 02-15-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #38
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylexxx
Read fightnews Walso says that brewster beat him 100% fair last time, took Wladdy some time to admit that shit
Yes it did take some time even though on his own website Vitali said this in an interview recently.

------------------

Vitali, we know that you donít like to forecast. But do you think the fight will end by a knockout?

No one knows what will happen, until the actual fight ends. But considering Wladimirís and Lamonís records, where most of their wins came by a knockout, itís possible to guess, and with certain confidence, that itís highly unlikely that the fight will go to the judgeís score cards. This fight will end with a knockout.
In this fight Wladimir has a chance to put an end to all the questions about what took place three years ago - did Wlaidmir simply lose the fight or was it due to outside influence

Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

-----------------------

Wladimir is a class act however and I'm sure he meant what he said anyway, the first fight is history and all the excuses that came after it. Now is the time to concentrate on the rematch.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #39
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yet, Wlad took the biggest punch that he took in the fight at the end of the 3rd round without being fazed. Also... being badly hurt in the 10th, and coming out fresh legged and boxing Peter's ears off again in the 11th and 12th doesn't exactly show the markings of a person who takes too long to recover. Also, in the 10th round Peter landed several shots, not one. Most of Wlad's problems where due to the punches behind the head which also kicked off the 10th round knockdown.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:24 AM   #40
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah I felt the same way about the Peter fight but I gave him the benefit of the doubt for coming back after the 4th or 5th or whenever the behind-the-head shots were landed.
It was in the 5th round and I believe that Wladimir was nailed with a big punch first then Peter continued throwing and the 2nd one came right at the back of the head which put Wladimir down, he didn't seem hurt at all when he got up which proves that it wasn't 100% legit but if you go down after a punch it's a knockdown regardless. The 2nd knockdown was more weird than anything, Peter was charging in and before he lands anything Wladimir slips down. Don't forget that whenever Peter would land anything big Wladimir would give Peter his back and walk away to try and get the referee to break them to give Wladimir room, that was obviously a tactic and as Peter noticed this happening over and over during the fight(which is basically robbing him off any oppurtunity he gets during the fight after eating A LOT of hard jabs and straight rights) so Peter would whack him behind the head in return of Wladimir's own actions. Unfair?, at least I didn't think so.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:27 AM   #41
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Widdow,

So if Wlad was tired in the 5th against Lamon and got caught what is going to happen if a conditioned Brewster comes in and catches a winded Wlad in the championship rounds?

I never said it is one punch that takes him out, however it is one punch that alters his mindset and gameplan when he is hurt. He is terrible at holding on taking time to recover via clinching, moving etc. He looks completely lost when that good shot lands. You can train and train and train on how to fight but you can't make someone's chin instantly better. Why do you think Steward has him staying at distance, using his size, and clinching? Yes it is certainly effective for him but he also has him doing it because if he trades frequently inside more than not he will be the one getting caught and not recovering.

Like I said before I think your guy will win, but I guarantee to do so he will have to take Lamon's shot and we don't if he can or not.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 AM   #42
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
Yet, Wlad took the biggest punch that he took in the fight at the end of the 3rd round without being fazed. Also... being badly hurt in the 10th, and coming out fresh legged and boxing Peter's ears off again in the 11th and 12th doesn't exactly show the markings of a person who takes too long to recover. Also, in the 10th round Peter landed several shots, not one. Most of Wlad's problems where due to the punches behind the head which also kicked off the 10th round knockdown.
Yes I know that Wladimir took bombs early, I never said he didn't or he can't take it. The reason why he recovered there and avoided not getting stopped is the bell and the 1 minute in between rounds which basically saved him from a possible stoppage.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:30 AM   #43
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Widdow,

So if Wlad was tired in the 5th against Lamon and got caught what is going to happen if a conditioned Brewster comes in and catches a winded Wlad in the championship rounds?

I never said it is one punch that takes him out, however it is one punch that alters his mindset and gameplan when he is hurt. He is terrible at holding on taking time to recover via clinching, moving etc. He looks completely lost when that good shot lands. You can train and train and train on how to fight but you can't make someone's chin instantly better. Why do you think Steward has him staying at distance, using his size, and clinching? Yes it is certainly effective for him but he also has him doing it because if he trades frequently inside more than not he will be the one getting caught and not recovering.

Like I said before I think your guy will win, but I guarantee to do so he will have to take Lamon's shot and we don't if he can or not.
I know that this post was to WiDDoW but I'm going to comment about Brewster catching Wladimr in the championship rounds. When Wladimir is hurt, he moves/holds..etc and finds a way to get out of it. Brewster is a horrible finisher in my opinion, just look at the 5th round of the first fight, he had Wladimir DEAD tired and the only punch he landed was the hook which sent Wladimir to the ropes, after Byrd counted that as a knockdown all Brewster did was miss, miss, miss till the bell rang. Like he had a guy TOTALLY defenseless and tired yet he couldn't do anything but land that first hook.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 04:32 AM   #44
PBF P4P #1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yes I know that Wladimir took bombs early, I never said he didn't or he can't take it. The reason why he recovered there and avoided not getting stopped is the bell and the 1 minute in between rounds which basically saved him from a possible stoppage.
If Wlad had a Great Chin he would have the potential to be up there with the greats.....all the talent is there.....what lacks is the something extra to put him over the top whether its the chin, heart, training, determination, etc....I hope he proves me wrong does work and cleans up the division because god knows boxing and the HW division needs that.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 AM   #45
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Quote:
It was in the 5th round and I believe that Wladimir was nailed with a big punch first then Peter continued throwing and the 2nd one came right at the back of the head which put Wladimir down, he didn't seem hurt at all when he got up which proves that it wasn't 100% legit but if you go down after a punch it's a knockdown regardless. The 2nd knockdown was more weird than anything, Peter was charging in and before he lands anything Wladimir slips down. Don't forget that whenever Peter would land anything big Wladimir would give Peter his back and walk away to try and get the referee to break them to give Wladimir room, that was obviously a tactic and as Peter noticed this happening over and over during the fight(which is basically robbing him off any oppurtunity he gets during the fight after eating A LOT of hard jabs and straight rights) so Peter would whack him behind the head in return of Wladimir's own actions. Unfair?, at least I didn't think so.
Neither knockdown in the 5th was legit. A knockdown due to a haymaker square in the back of the head is not legit. Neither is a push down to an opponent who is still trying to regain his balance from being blasted by a huge power puncher in the brain stem. Even his knockdown in the 10th was kicked off with a big punch to the back of the head, and if you listen closely Lampley points it out and says that if he hurt Wladimir with that shot behind the head we will find out soon... which was seconds before Wladimir fell down in the weird manner that he did. Balance was just gone.

Wladimir was turning his head, WHEN they were clinched. There is nothing wrong with that. Peter knew exactly what he was doing hitting Wlad in the back of the head, and it wasn't Wlad's fault. Peter's gameplan was basically to run into Wlad and throw haymakers... well, what was Wladimir supposed to do? Bump chests with him all night? Or tie that raw puncher up and throw him away? There is no rule against turning your head to the side when in a clinch. Peter was shucking Wladimir to the side with his body and then swinging up and around. It isn't Wlad's fault that Peter couldn't land his shots without being body to body.

Also, what do you mean..."give Peter his back and walk away"... that is a little over dramatic isn't it? He turned his head, and would be pushed around a bit.. but turn his back and walk away every time he was hit?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum