Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
running man

vCash: 1000
Default Heavy Bag Question

i am looking to buy a heavy bag for my home use and am having a tough time deciding what to get. i originally wanted a leather heavy bag of a least 100 pounds. 150 pounds would be optimal, but i don't want to spend much over $200. a guy i know told me i should opt for a water bag from powair (which is supposedly the best brand of water bags). i don't have any experience with water bags and was wondering if it is worth it to buy one over a leather one. i can get the 150 pound water bag for about $200. any thoughts on whether i will like the water bag as much as a traditional bag.
running man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #2
Krippy
Thread Killer

Default Re: Heavy Bag Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by running man
i am looking to buy a heavy bag for my home use and am having a tough time deciding what to get. i originally wanted a leather heavy bag of a least 100 pounds. 150 pounds would be optimal, but i don't want to spend much over $200. a guy i know told me i should opt for a water bag from powair (which is supposedly the best brand of water bags). i don't have any experience with water bags and was wondering if it is worth it to buy one over a leather one. i can get the 150 pound water bag for about $200. any thoughts on whether i will like the water bag as much as a traditional bag.
I don't have any experience when it comes to water bags, but it would be helpful to know your weight. You are generally supposed to get a bag that is around half of your weight. I prefer leather bags, but I'd wait till some more people provide input before making your final decision.
Krippy is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
running man

i am about 175 right now, but would fight at 155 or 160. most of the time at the gym i use a 100 pound bag, but when combination punching, i feel the bag moves a little too much. i prefer to use the 150 pound everlast bag because i feel i can really put together combinations without the bag swinging all over the place. on a 100 pound bag i can only hit the bag as hard as i would like to on the last hit.
running man is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1557

best bag you can get right here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing