Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #16
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steven Seagal training with Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nice try stoo but that has nothing to do with Technique. I think the problem with most fans, and your fan too, is you guys don't understand the difference between tornament fighting and street fighting. It's a world of difference. A guy coming at you with a knife or more than one attacker, your grappling goes out the window. If you don't believe me watch the human weapon videos with krav maga, and you can see how he was only trained for the ring and had it been real situation, he would of died. So basically most of the styles that all these fighters go in the ring, is watered down. Muay Thai, Tae Kwon, Aikido, etc etc. a lot of it is watered down for the ring. A lot of the blocks that are in Muay Thai, a lot of it they don't teach. And BTW, I train myself with credible people to know this. This is the reason why I don't to debates because it's a waist of time, I'd rather show person by letting them attack me(which I have done many of times) than talking because it's too much time consuming.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #17
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steven Seagal training with Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by don owens View Post
Steven Segall is a *****. never was shit. big mouth *****. GQ article years ago. black belt white lies. he is totally full of shit. shot his mouth off for years about how he beat everybody in Japan in all the martial arts, then even smacked the yakuza around. it only took a couple of minutes, according to him. He is completely full of shit. Twelve karate guys, back in the day, put an open letter in one of the karate mags asking him to pick any one of them and fight in a public forum. he declined. said he only fights to the death. lmao. what a *****.

I'd throw some cash on him if you and him fought. I think he'd whip your ass. Matterfact I know he would, I don't think.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steven Seagal training with Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
I must say that I'm a mark for Steven Seagal so I dig how he's actually showing him the kick he used against Belfort in the video. Not that that has anything to do with Aikido - but I used to mix Aikido locks into my jiujitsu all the time.

Those locks ain't no joke as we would say here in the South. I used to love catching the new white belts with them all the time. It's harder on the higher belts but every technique has it's time and place so to speak. Personally I prefer Aikido empty hand weapon defense over any other.
I'm a JKD guy, so I usually use Aikido after a block and advance in(from the footwork of fencing) on them and than go into Juijitsu. Either way, it serves it's purpose in some situations.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #19
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steven Seagal training with Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Now we know why Silva sucked against Sonnen for 4 1/2 rounds! taking advice from Segal. Guess he abandoned part of his natural game and tried to use Segal techniques to no avail. You can't execute many of the techniques he is demonstrating, in MMA. You are assuming the guy coming in is sloppy and slow. Truth is, you can't jam a wrestler when he is shooting on you, with those Segal arm and shoulder locks, you'll just get run in to the ground. Nothing beats a good sprawl, be aware of your opponent and move. I know Silva is creative and very unorthodox which is what makes him a tricky SOB but when he's trying to think in there, he'll get taken down.

Bad move.

That's not true. You can excute it after a block but if a guy was throwing fast punches, than you would do something else and timing breaks speed, so you don't have try do it with someone throwing fast punches. And a wrestler shooting in, there's ways around that too, but too many guys in UFC rely on making it barbaric, instead of using techinque(you have to work at it with a live opponent) and they don't work on techinque enough from a striking standpoint. You can't just spar, that's not enough.


And if you have the techinque, you'll never have to think, it'll always be there. If you have to think too much, than your doing something wrong, it's suppose to be automatic. Everything has do with the way person is being taught, that is main factor.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #20
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steven Seagal training with Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
Nice try stoo but that has nothing to do with Technique. I think the problem with most fans, and your fan too, is you guys don't understand the difference between tornament fighting and street fighting. It's a world of difference. A guy coming at you with a knife or more than one attacker, your grappling goes out the window. If you don't believe me watch the human weapon videos with krav maga, and you can see how he was only trained for the ring and had it been real situation, he would of died. So basically most of the styles that all these fighters go in the ring, is watered down. Muay Thai, Tae Kwon, Aikido, etc etc. a lot of it is watered down for the ring. A lot of the blocks that are in Muay Thai, a lot of it they don't teach. And BTW, I train myself with credible people to know this. This is the reason why I don't to debates because it's a waist of time, I'd rather show person by letting them attack me(which I have done many of times) than talking because it's too much time consuming.
You are right, knocking someone unconscious would never work in a street fight
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013