boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
johnjourno
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 79
vCash: 1000
Default Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

**** Mundine is in big trouble now as according to a report on the Dailytelegraph homepage Jeff Fenech has secret tactics which he will pass onto HASBEEN so he will beat Mundine if they meet again.

The MAN must be shaking in his boots bigtime,Fenech a tactical genius whose great boxing career has been overshadowed by his efforts as a trainer.His fighters have won 13 RSL Titles,12 Bowling Club Titles and many many more prestigious belts.

Wonder what one of his secret tactics might be......blind Mundine with the glare off his GOLD WATCH.
johnjourno is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjourno
**** Mundine is in big trouble now as according to a report on the Dailytelegraph homepage Jeff Fenech has secret tactics which he will pass onto HASBEEN so he will beat Mundine if they meet again.

The MAN must be shaking in his boots bigtime,Fenech a tactical genius whose great boxing career has been overshadowed by his efforts as a trainer.His fighters have won 13 RSL Titles,12 Bowling Club Titles and many many more prestigious belts.

Wonder what one of his secret tactics might be......blind Mundine with the glare off his GOLD WATCH.
lol you mean STOLEN watch mate.....Way i see to beat Mundine is just use hard jabs folllowd by Straights. Non of this hooking garbage like what Hatton tried on Mayeather because this **** never works on anyone who is fast ONLY STRAIGHT SHOTS work.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
lol you mean STOLEN watch mate.....Way i see to beat Mundine is just use hard jabs folllowd by Straights. Non of this hooking garbage like what Hatton tried on Mayeather because this **** never works on anyone who is fast ONLY STRAIGHT SHOTS work.
Green has a hard jab and follows with straight rights
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne - Jakarta
Posts: 677
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
lol you mean STOLEN watch mate.....Way i see to beat Mundine is just use hard jabs folllowd by Straights. Non of this hooking garbage like what Hatton tried on Mayeather because this **** never works on anyone who is fast ONLY STRAIGHT SHOTS work.
Thats pretty much what he did in the first fight mate. I don't think Danny has the legs to beat him, Mundine uses lateral movement and Danny isn't too good at cutting off the ring.
Dojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #5
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3000
Thats pretty much what he did in the first fight mate. I don't think Danny has the legs to beat him, Mundine uses lateral movement and Danny isn't too good at cutting off the ring.
True.
Green has little chance of defeating Mundine, and fighting at 175 won't make a bit of difference. He might have more power at a different weight, but he will still be missing when he throws.

Either he lands a good shot on Mundine and stops him, or he hurts Mundine early and Mundine runs for the rest of the fight, but I don't think Mundine would do that again, I think he's a better fighter now. Thats Danny's only chance imo.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine



Here's a fenech quote from the telegraph...

"But if Danny fights the same fight against Mundine, he's no chance. If Danny Green was being trained by Jeff Fenech, he would be a chance."

pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
The Tuaman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland
Posts: 332
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Translation: Fenech wants to train Green so he can take a slice of what will no doubt be another big Money fight.

I think you have to upset Mundine, break his rythem make things unorthodox one of the best guys to do so was Sean Sullivan in there 1st fight he made Mundine work for every round it was a fight I think was alot closer than it was scored he made things very akward for Mundine, but thats always been Seans's style lots of punches and being a little unorthodox. If a guy like Sean have real punching power he could cause Mundine problems. But if you just going to stand in front of him and try wing power hooks he'll pick you off all night
The Tuaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

my personal view is that Mundine, love him or loathe him, will continue to prove his critics wrong...

what cracks me up is how easily poeple get wound up by the guy....
planetzion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tuaman
Translation: Fenech wants to train Green so he can take a slice of what will no doubt be another big Money fight.

I think you have to upset Mundine, break his rythem make things unorthodox one of the best guys to do so was Sean Sullivan in there 1st fight he made Mundine work for every round it was a fight I think was alot closer than it was scored he made things very akward for Mundine, but thats always been Seans's style lots of punches and being a little unorthodox. If a guy like Sean have real punching power he could cause Mundine problems. But if you just going to stand in front of him and try wing power hooks he'll pick you off all night
I haven't seen that fight, but my mother did and reckons Sean was robbed.

Though my mother would also like to see Mundine being being stampeded by an army of elephants, so her scoring was probably somewhat bias.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #10
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
I haven't seen that fight, but my mother did and reckons Sean was robbed.

Though my mother would also like to see Mundine being being stampeded by an army of elephants, so her scoring was probably somewhat bias.
your mother is a stripper .....just thought you should know ...ok
planetzion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
The Tuaman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland
Posts: 332
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

There were more than a few people who thaught Sean was robbed, many of which were Kiwis of course, but personally if it were scored a draw i think it would have been a fair result, Sean made Mundine look very average, he was on the canvas 2/3 times not because of Sean knocking him down but because he would swing and miss and fall through the ropes! It deserved a rematch but by the time it happend, Mundine new what to expect from Sean he was a little sharper and Sean a lil more shop worn!
The Tuaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ...So was I crazy? or was I crazy as a fox?
Posts: 1,591
vCash: 345
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Of course he knew what Sullivan was going to do in a rematch, he adapted and destroyed him, same as in the Soliman rematch. Mundine has already been beaten a couple of times so I don't see how Fenech can reveal anything new. He can be beaten I just don't think by Green though.
VIP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
Jack Daniels
ESB Snr ****ing Member
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fenech to reveal secret tactics to beat Mundine

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjourno
**** Mundine is in big trouble now as according to a report on the Dailytelegraph homepage Jeff Fenech has secret tactics which he will pass onto HASBEEN so he will beat Mundine if they meet again.

The MAN must be shaking in his boots bigtime,Fenech a tactical genius whose great boxing career has been overshadowed by his efforts as a trainer.His fighters have won 13 RSL Titles,12 Bowling Club Titles and many many more prestigious belts.

Wonder what one of his secret tactics might be......blind Mundine with the glare off his GOLD WATCH.
Mundine has to get into the ring before any tactics can be applied. Despite his talk on the news last night I don't think the fight will ever happen because Mundine will demand too much and Green wont budge. The longer it takes for this fight to happen (if it ever does) the more chance Mundine has because Green's got a few years on Mundine and although he's extremely well conditioned I think that Green's skills will fade before Mundines.
I think that Danny will continue his career and realistically depending on results has probably got half a dozen good fights left in him. Might as well make them all good pay days, even try to unite some of the belts at LHW. Could be one or two big US fights in there.

Last edited by compukiller; 11-13-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Jack Daniels is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015