Old 11-11-2011, 04:12 PM   #31
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is that you Brock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
I also don`t believe that he came that heavy into that camp, but Erik Paulson said it. But what else should he say? "he came into the camp looking like he`s got aids"? I would have rather seen Overeem vs Mir and Lesnar fighting a B-Class fighter before compete against the very best again
Paulson is in his camp. He's not exactly going to air Brock out. Either way it's obvious from his pictures he doesn't weigh that much any more. I too would have preferred if Brock was handed a gimme rather than being thrown into the deep end considering he's coming off a long lay off that include major surgery.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #32
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Damn he looks slim he has also lost a lot of bulk around his shoulders
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #33
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
No doubt. Under Vale Tudo or in PRIDE he would have fared well because of the rule set. On his physical attributes along back then he surely would have been a wrecking machine.
Yes, and he could have taken all the steroids he wanted. Hell, if he wasn't fighting a Japanese guy he might not even have had to worry about getting KOed or submitted, depending on how much his new friends with the back tattoos and missing finger joints liked him.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #34
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

brock will win.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #35
kokoko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

At the press conference with Overeem today he looked pretty much like he always had.

He said he weighs 278 pounds.
kokoko is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #36
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoko View Post
At the press conference with Overeem today he looked pretty much like he always had.

He said he weighs 278 pounds.
Only he looked a bit thinner around the face
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #37
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Lightbulb Re: Is that you Brock?

Quote:
There's no way he came into camp at 300lbs. He lost a significant amount of weight when he came into the WWE and was walking around at max 270lbs. In some cases he didn't even need to drop any weight to make weight. Id hazard a guess he's around the 240 mark there as his face looks very slim.
O rly?

Quote:
UFC 141's Brock Lesnar on Weight Loss Rumors - 'I'm 278 lbs. Sorry for the Disappointment'

"I'm back!", [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] beckoned as he made his first public appearance since his surgery at the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. There were widespread rumors that he lost a bunch of weight, but as much as we can judge from seeing him here, the former heavyweight champion looked very much like his normal self.
Lesnar addressed these concerns during the conference, "What am I weighing now? I'm about 278 lbs," said the former heavyweight king, "Sorry for the disappointment."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Are you retarded? That fight poster shows a picture of Brock when he was healthy. He's now had 2 possibly more bouts of surgery and is OBVIOUSLY feeling the effects of the surgery and lost weight. You can tell that just from the first picture i posted. Look at his face you idiot. Look at his build. It's obvious to even Ray Charles he's not the same. Ahhh why am i bothering...

Cause Scrula knows Brock better than Brock knows himself

Quote:
"For two years I had to lie to myself, and lie to all of my fans. I had to get up every morning and say 'you feel good today', and I didn't. I had the surgery, it's out of my life, and I'm back. And that's a damn good feeling for me, and it's bad for everyone else."
Quote:
"I avoided the surgery for as long as I could. It was just a major decision. When you've got to go under the knife and have someone take out our intestines, it's a big deal... I'm just trying to build confidence in my standup and be a well-rounded fighter. To come back and win this fight, and to win the UFC heavyweight championship back."
P.S. Your pictures don't phase me..
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #38
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
O rly?

Nice quotes, but somehow I get the feeling that Scurla is still going to be 100% correct.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Love him like a crazy uncle.

Last edited by BobDigi5060; 11-12-2011 at 02:49 AM.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #40
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I seena more recent pic of him, hes beefed right up again.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 03:44 AM   #41
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
O rly?

Brock's got them balls firmly in your mouth hasn't he If Brock told you he was never ongear you'd believe that too.
This guy was trained by Paul Heyman. Brock is a promotional machine. That'sthe first thing they learn at OVW and Brock excelled at it. Granted he certainly looks alot better in the conference than post surgery. But there's NO WAY he's 278lbs. That's hogwash and even Brock knows it otherwise he wouldn't have repeated that reporters question. Brock never weighed that much even when he was healthy and in the UFC. Even for his first MMA fight over in Japan he never weighed that much PRIOR to cutting weight.

Here's what Overeem said on ESPN:

“He’s a big guy, like me,” Overeem shrugged, after he and Lesnar squared off for a staredown on stage at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. “I thought he was taller because of the UFC poster, but he was actually shorter than me.”

Now everyone knows Brock is 6ft 3 and Overeem is 6ft 5. But much like the WWE the UFC deliberately inflates stats to sell fights. Brock's had a whole career of that when he was billed as 300lbs in the WWE. Granted he wasn't far off that but he's not as tall as Overeem and probably weighs about the same as him.

I mean look at the picture in the article you posted. What's he wearing here? His best stiletto's?

An argument could be made that Brock actually looks taller. The UFC did the same thing to Shane Carwin and James Toney.
Interesting how you've been able to turn an innocuous post though on a guy who you clearly cheer lead into a 3 page debate on bullshit when that was never my intention. Clearly you're a valued ESB forum member. That's why you've just made my ignore list. Nice one buddy!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 AM   #42
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

And scurla's record of being 100% correct on everything every time continues!

Old 11-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #43
Chucky
BDJ
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri-pod View Post
He actually seems like he may be healthier. Probably laying off so much red meat.

He needs to get back on that red meat and pop a few roids. Hes not been the same guy since the first surgery and I suspect he is finished as a fighter.
Chucky is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #44
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Lol Overrheem is definitely NOT on roids...
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #45
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Paulson is in his camp. He's not exactly going to air Brock out. Either way it's obvious from his pictures he doesn't weigh that much any more. I too would have preferred if Brock was handed a gimme rather than being thrown into the deep end considering he's coming off a long lay off that include major surgery.

i have no clue why they tossed him in with someone who excels at brock's weakness, and is basically even bigger than brock at this point...seems like a dana white cash out on brock
timmyjames is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum