Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681
Default Do you think Robinson was ever the same after he accidently killed Doyle?

He had the promonition that it would happen the night before, and he didn't even want to fight the bout, but the pastors/boxing commission pushed for it to happen calling it "Only a dream"

You think SRR changed afterwards? Yes he won 50 fights afterwards but do you think this incident haunted him for the rest of his life?
MVC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326
Default Re: Do you think Robinson was ever the same after he accidently killed Doyle?

No doubt it haunted him forever but I don't think its easy to say how it affected his ring style. I don't think the effect was as visible as was the case for guys like Brian Mitchell, Emile Griffith, and Chris Eubank, who all held back in the future when they had opponents hurt.

Clearly Robinson was still a devastating finisher afterward, perhaps the best finisher ever. Maybe it lessened his already waning zeal for combate, but not substantially.
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you think Robinson was ever the same after he accidently killed Doyle?

No. Robinson was 'a mean SOB'.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
Gazza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Clearly would of effected and probbably haunted him but i don't think it effected the way he fought he was still a tough finisher. He did give his next 4 purses to Doyle's mother to buy her house, so maybe that would of played a part in helping him get over it, but would of still effected him out of the ring ad it would most people
Gazza is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
SLAKKA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Many felt the belloise fight was his masterpiece and that was after doyle.
SLAKKA is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

You wouldn't think a guy who beats the tar out of his pregnant wife is likely to be much put off of hurting grown men trying to hurt him.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
You wouldn't think a guy who beats the tar out of his pregnant wife is likely to be much put off of hurting grown men trying to hurt him.
while this is seemingly a good observation on its face value , and almost convinced me (momentarily) , a man is a man and a hoe is a hoe , and i believe that WSJ was a man and knew d difference almost as good as i do .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
while this is seemingly a good observation on its face value , and almost convinced me (momentarily) , a man is a man and a hoe is a hoe , and i believe that WSJ was a man and knew d difference almost as good as i do .
Oh, noble Franklin. You're like Steve McQueen's choice of firearm in Wanted: Dead or Alive. Not at all prudent, but cool-as-****-looking.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It sure didn't mess with his psyche like it did Griffith's.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #10
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Terse and cogent observation Boxed Ears!!!
red cobra is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum