Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #31
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 135
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I disagree. He should have been more aggressively setting up his takedown attempts or been defensive if he wanted to work his way into it. He did not fear JDS power enough, perhaps he got too ballsy after roughing up Rothwell and sparking Nog.

Velasquez should have been feinting and leading to the takedown. Especially when Cain is not a one trick pony. He has a single or double which if incomplete he can transition into trips and throws.

His gameplan need him to accept his chin is no match for the best boxer (possibly striker) in heavyweight mma.
You dont think any of Dos Santos other opponents or Cain wanted to take the fight to the ground? Cain did try to take the fight to the ground at 30 seconds and he failed!! Not even a great wrestler like Shane Carwin could effectively get Dos Santos down in 3 rounds!!! Dos Santos is extrmeley hard to take down. Quit making excuses.

Cain didnt try enough times to get him down within 1 minute to save himself from not GTFO waaaa, waaaa.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #32
werety
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 408
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

He went for 1 takedown in 1 minute. That's a pretty decent rate. Velasquez just got owned, simple as.
werety is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #33
Chucky
BDJ
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 358
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by werety View Post
He went for 1 takedown in 1 minute. That's a pretty decent rate. Velasquez just got owned, simple as.
You see the left Cain ate early? not sure he wanted to rush in so fast.
Chucky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #34
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Stay out of the MMA forum
We need you in the OZ section of ESB.



Good result yesterday, JDS is a great role model for the sport, an all round top bloke.
The fight wasn't exciting as such, it would have been nice if it went a few rounds with a similar KO.

I'm not sure if it would go the same way in a rematch, but I do think JDS has Cains measure 9 times out of 10.
I also think JDS might be at the top level for some time, he's young, hasn't fought for long, and I don't think he's even at his best yet.
He also seems to have a good fighting brain from what I saw on TUF.
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #35
CarlesX7
Shit got real!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inside the bubble ;)
Posts: 6,514
vCash: 75
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

People bashing Cain for not going for 15 takedowns in the first minute of the fight.

Provided this wasn't the first time you watched Dos Santos fight, you should know he has excellent takedown defense. You can't just get close to him without throwing something to set up a takedown. Cain wouldn't be able to take him down at will with almost zero effort like he did vs Rothwell. He tried some kicks and he went for one takedown. So basically people are bashing Cain for his 'gameplan' in the first 50 seconds of the fight.
CarlesX7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #36
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

People believed Zuffa hype and thought that Cain could take anyone down at will and that his striking would knock out a bull. These hypes went overtime after he schooled an equally inexperienced Brock Lesnar.

JDS is pretty old now but hopefully he still has a few years left from the sport. I like him as a sportsman and as a fighter.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #37
werety
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 408
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You see the left Cain ate early? not sure he wanted to rush in so fast.
Yea that was like two seconds in to the fight. I don't see how people can blame this on Cain's gameplan when he only had a minute to execute one and was getting owned that whole time.
werety is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 9653
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
here come the dick riders.
You won the bet... What Dos Santos pic do you want me to use?
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #39
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 9653
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Cain was 250 pounds, he didnt fight in 13 months and he got caught cold! No big deal, if they fight again Cain could spank that ass! Lets wait and see..
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #40
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 135
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugger3000 View Post
Cain was 250 pounds, he didnt fight in 13 months and he got caught cold! No big deal, if they fight again Cain could spank that ass! Lets wait and see..

No, Junior Dos Santos is on a different level.

JDS beat the **** out of him with torn torn meniscus. STFU with the excuses!

Brock Lesnar came out of his death bed, lost 40 lbs and they werent even sure he would ever fight again, and still having Diverticulitis when he came back to fight Cain. I dont see a bunch of faggots like you whinning, bitching and making excuses for Brock Lesnar's loss because he had part of his intestine removed.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #41
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
No, Junior Dos Santos is on a different level.

JDS beat the **** out of him with torn torn meniscus. STFU with the excuses!

Brock Lesnar came out of his death bed, lost 40 lbs and they werent even sure he would ever fight again, and still having Diverticulitis when he came back to fight Cain. I dont see a bunch of faggots like you whinning, bitching and making excuses for Brock Lesnar's loss because he had part of his intestine removed.
Who's making excuses? Just analysing the fight and how it went down and why. I didn't care who on tbh as they're both worthy champions and seem like decent people. JDS is prone to gassing though, that's the only question mark over the champion now he will be fighting 5 rounders.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #42
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
You dont think any of Dos Santos other opponents or Cain wanted to take the fight to the ground? Cain did try to take the fight to the ground at 30 seconds and he failed!! Not even a great wrestler like Shane Carwin could effectively get Dos Santos down in 3 rounds!!! Dos Santos is extrmeley hard to take down. Quit making excuses.

Cain didnt try enough times to get him down within 1 minute to save himself from not GTFO waaaa, waaaa.
Not aggressively enough. Waiting 30 seconds was too long. Both Shane and Cain have too much belief in their hands. Rightly so against nearly every fighter on the planet minus one or two. One of those exceptions is JDS.

JDS is hard to take down but its easier for him to stand up when he isn't fighting off a non stop stream of takedown attempts.

FYI - I'm a JDS fan and have been for quite a while. However its easy to see Cain thought too much of his standup and not enough of JDS.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #43
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Fighters get caught shit happens
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #44
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,170
vCash: 100
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

The thing with MMA is its not like Boxing where one fighter beats another 9 times out of 10, there's a lot more variables, and its easier to get injured. The fight could go a completely different way next time, it's just down to Cain getting caught and being out for a while, that's it. Both men have great chins, both man have knockout power and great wrestling/bjj, anything can happen.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #45
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 135
Default Re: The reason I picked JDS to beat Cain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Not aggressively enough. Waiting 30 seconds was too long. Both Shane and Cain have too much belief in their hands. Rightly so against nearly every fighter on the planet minus one or two. One of those exceptions is JDS.

JDS is hard to take down but its easier for him to stand up when he isn't fighting off a non stop stream of takedown attempts.

FYI - I'm a JDS fan and have been for quite a while. However its easy to see Cain thought too much of his standup and not enough of JDS.
Dos Santos isnt James Toney were you can wildy shoot half way across the octagon and take him down by his ankle. You have to set up a take down, by getting in a close effective range ala having to throw some strikes. I have rarely ever seen Dos Santos get taken down.

Carwin is a more accomplished wrestler and stronger than Cain,, look at what success he had at taking Dos Santos down (below) . Getting Junior down in less than 1 minute is just not going to happen. Cain was KTFO, end of story. "30 seconds is too long" Carwin did stand for 3 rounds and not get brutally KTFO. Although not by choice. Quit whining


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by TerryESB; 11-14-2011 at 11:09 AM.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013