Old 11-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: How come Marquez didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterC View Post
The majority of members gave every close round to JMM just because he was the underdog. That is simply not how you score a fight. Pac clearly won.

JMM dod not come forward more or throw more simply because he was scared to get knocked out.
If you dare to go to the Philippine and call someone out and even wear a t-shit that you beat him twice, you should leave it all in the ring win or lose if you get your chance at it again.
prelude is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Marquez won all the exchanges and even when there was a lull it was usually Marquez who would instigate the contact. Manny coming forward isn't much of a reason to win as Manny is one of the most aggressive fighters in the sport and only knows to come forward. The bottom line is ring generalship isn't about moving forward if you're moving into traps all night, the ring general is the one dictating the pace and style of the fight, setting the traps, and that is Marquez.

Did DLH deserve a win against Mayweather for moving forward all night. Many, including myself, said so after that fight. In hindsight, no, we were just butt hurt that our guy didn't win.
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #18
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
The majority of members gave every close round to JMM just because he was the underdog. That is simply not how you score a fight. Pac clearly won.

JMM dod not come forward more or throw more simply because he was scared to get knocked out.
So coming forward and throwing more is the correct manner in which to score a fight? Now I've heard it all.
RingKing is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 AM   #19
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingKing View Post
So coming forward and throwing more is the correct manner in which to score a fight? Now I've heard it all.
If you fly half way around the world to call someone out...yea .
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #20
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

he said he learned from the first two fights not to get overconfident, which is what cost him the knock downs.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #21
el_indio
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

True that. I was dissapointed of Manny cos he didnt knock him out to shut Marquez out for good but clearly, he still won the fight.
el_indio is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #22
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

first round was stalemate. both wanting to just counterpunch. jmm was succesful at various times when pac was the aggressor but pac was the one who pushed the fight.

vs barrera, diaz, katsidis, jmm was very aggresive forcing combinations left and right. against pac, we only got spurts of that and most were coming off counters from pac offense.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #23
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

JMM clearly won that fight, He was beating Mannys ass when Manny came forward and he was beating Mannys ass when he initiated the attack. If Manny threw five punches and he threw three, his three had more effect than Mannys five. Dont get me wrong, Manny landed some good shots but the overall effectiveness of punches thrown were from Marquez.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #24
the brown bomber
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingKing View Post
What a tard. Did you even watch the fight last night. On more than one occasion, JMM initiated the exchanges, was able to get off first, and counter effectively whenever PacMan attempted to retaliate. JMM was the clear winner. Watch the fight before you comment on it.
Clearly you are the retard if you think JMM pressed the fight.
the brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #25
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
JMM clearly won that fight, He was beating Mannys ass when Manny came forward and he was beating Mannys ass when he initiated the attack. If Manny threw five punches and he threw three, his three had more effect than Mannys five. Dont get me wrong, Manny landed some good shots but the overall effectiveness of punches thrown were from Marquez.
I'm disappointed in Marquez because he didn't come to fight. He called PAC out for years but when given the chance again he fought scared. I know he can be aggressive because he did it with Diaz and the others. He shouldn't be crying about the decision because the didn't pressed the fight.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #26
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
I'm disappointed in Marquez because he didn't come to fight. He called PAC out for years but when given the chance again he fought scared. I know he can be aggressive because he did it with Diaz and the others. He shouldn't be crying about the decision because the didn't pressed the fight.
his plan was to counter and tame pac's offense. pac still pushed the fight. jmm stayed in his comfort zone and was damn good at it. if he ever won, it wasn't clear cut either. how the hell was that supposed to take the thorn out of his side?
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #27
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

JMM would have to use a shotgun to earn a draw against Pac. The only way he ever wins over Pac is to rip his heart out of chest and eat in front of the entire stadium and media.
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #28
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
He didn't come to fight?
It was Pac who looked confused because he was gonna have to earn his check that night.
Marquez was all business. That was a world class high speed chess match going on. How was that not a fight with both fighters covered in blood?
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #29
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliqueiros View Post
He didn't come to fight?
It was Pac who looked confused because he was gonna have to earn his check that night.
Marquez was all business. That was a world class high speed chess match going on. How was that not a fight with both fighters covered in blood?
We all know Marquez is the master counter puncher but he can fight aggressively also. He called PAC out complaining that he got robbed and he demanded a rematch but when given the chance he didn't fight like it.

PAC never called Marquez out but he was the aggressor dictating the fight. I never want to hear Marquez cry out robbery again.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #30
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

If Pac had not throw some punches, Marquez would have just stood in the ring and looked at him. Nacho told Marquez to NOT ENGAGE all night. When you watch the replay listen.

PACQUIAO MARQUEZ

578 TOTAL PUNCHES THROWN 436
176 TOTAL PUNCHES CONNECTED 138
30% PERCENTAGE CONNECTED 32%

304 JABS THROWN 182
59 JABS CONNECTED 38
19% PERCENTAGE CONNECTED 21%

274 POWER PUNCHES THROWN 254
117 POWER PUNCHES CONNECTED 100
43% PERCENTAGE CONNECTED 39%

14 AVG. LANDED PER ROUND 11
49 AVG. THROWN PER ROUND 36