Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Love Him Or Loathe Him Mundine Will Continue To Prove The Critics Wrong

And before you feel like responding with some ridiculous nutthugger jibe pls **** off in advance.... ....

fact is there is sooo much hate towards mundine and granted a lot of it is the way he conducts the words from his mouth ....but I reckon we havent seen the best of mundine....not by a long shot...

Jonny Lewis stated in the Daily Telegraph that he thinks Mundine is class in the ring and stated has something special (and for what its worth said that Danny woudnt win over Mundine again which is obvious I know but...)

I know his last 2 fights we shit opponants but I think his plan is pretty obvious....take easy fights to stay busy and wait for the right opportunities to avail....

Boxing fans by in large have very short memories....now you see mundine is a coward and shit again..

Well was he a coward when he fought Sven otke in his home land after 16 pro fights?
Was he a coward when he took the fight with Anwton Echols?
Was he a coward when he fought Kessler?
Was he a coward when he stood in the ring with Danny Green?
Was he a coward when he dominated Soliman?

Personally if the guy wants to take some easy fights to stay busy until his preferred option comes up so be it...i think its obvious he has a game plan.

Its like this.... his personality does him no favours and but more importnatly - lends him no grace as does Mayweathers. Remember when Mayweather beat Gatti???

I had never once and I mean once heard anyone dare say that Mayweather was boring but in one fight with Baldomere he became a runner and boring etc etc

I observe the same dynamic with Mundine....guys which should know better rail against him with so much passion. I cant figure out why?

Yes we all know he can be a bit annoying but we all also know from many and varied reports that he is in fact a very very decent human being on a lot of levels and very humble in person....

....so whats with all the passionate hate?? Whos playing who here?

I think Mundines desire to go to the top will end up proving a lot of people wrong i just think his type of personality type thrives on the negative energy he creates...mix that with talent and you have "the best is yet to come"

Anyways just my take ...
planetzion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #2
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900
Default Re: Love Him Or Loathe Him Mundine Will Continue To Prove The Critics Wrong

Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Love Him Or Loathe Him Mundine Will Continue To Prove The Critics Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppercut
the thing is. mundine has always bragged he is "better than bradman", "australias best ever athlete", "the man", etc, etc, etc. how can anyone admire his achievements, when has ALWAYS falls short of his brags? because he will NEVER be boxings bradman, he will NEVER be australias best athlete, and "the man" is just shit. now he said he will be lb for lb the best in the world. so now, he must fight and beat the best in the world, in his division (not chase money or green) like calzage etc, or its just another of the huge ammounts of bullshit, dumb, brainless, spastic boasts he makes.

big mouth mundine has now got to fight the best. no excuses. lets see if he is "boxings bradman", or "lb for lb, the best in the world", or "australias best athlete", etc, etc, etc. hes 32. time to fight big mouth!!!!!!!!
I agree with what u are saying, but i don't consider crickters as great athletes.
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 06:21 AM   #4
BoxingKangaroo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
And before you feel like responding with some ridiculous nutthugger jibe pls **** off in advance.... ....

fact is there is sooo much hate towards mundine and granted a lot of it is the way he conducts the words from his mouth ....but I reckon we havent seen the best of mundine....not by a long shot...

Jonny Lewis stated in the Daily Telegraph that he thinks Mundine is class in the ring and stated has something special (and for what its worth said that Danny woudnt win over Mundine again which is obvious I know but...)

I know his last 2 fights we shit opponants but I think his plan is pretty obvious....take easy fights to stay busy and wait for the right

opportunities to avail....

Boxing fans by in large have very short memories....now you see mundine is a coward and shit again..

Well was he a coward when he fought Sven otke in his home land after 16 pro fights?
Was he a coward when he took the fight with Anwton Echols?
Was he a coward when he fought Kessler?
Was he a coward when he stood in the ring with Danny Green?
Was he a coward when he dominated Soliman?

Personally if the guy wants to take some easy fights to stay busy until his preferred option comes up so be it...i think its obvious he has a game plan.

Its like this.... his personality does him no favours and but more importnatly - lends him no grace as does Mayweathers. Remember when Mayweather beat Gatti???

I had never once and I mean once heard anyone dare say that Mayweather was boring but in one fight with Baldomere he became a runner and boring etc etc

I observe the same dynamic with Mundine....guys which should know better rail against him with so much passion. I cant figure out why?

Yes we all know he can be a bit annoying but we all also know from many and varied reports that he is in fact a very very decent human being on a lot of levels and very humble in person....

....so whats with all the passionate hate?? Whos playing who here?

I think Mundines desire to go to the top will end up proving a lot of people wrong i just think his type of personality type thrives on the negative energy he creates...mix that with talent and you have "the best is yet to come"

Anyways just my take ...
i hope he proves everyone wrong......i think he is talented, but im sick of him ranting about fighting the best and then doing a 4 rounder with some cabbie. the talk has got to stop. oh and incase he didnt realise he is only an interim champ. not really a big deal.
BoxingKangaroo is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

He fought Ottke after 10 pro fights...

But none of that means anything, Mundine def has the physical attributes to be great, ive always said he could fight the top level fighters like a Pavlik, Calzaghe e.t.c and be competitive and even win some big fights but to me it just seems he doesn't want to. I cant count how many articles over the past 3 years ive read about how Mundine after this fight will go on to be P4P and will go to Europe and USA and fight all the top dogs, he wants to fight in Malaysia, but it never comes.

Examples

Oct 04:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

March 07:

June:

Dec 07: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And before any nuthuggers starts, im not a hater at all... I am a Mundine fan and i love his skills, if he were to fight Pavlik or Kessler today id back him to win, but i dont think he will ever fight guys like them or ever be considered top 10 P4P, he just doesnt seem to want it
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 07:21 AM   #6
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

He seems to be taking his time atm, when really he should be stepping on the pedal. It only takes one big win though to become world reknowned superstar. Calzaghe made his name at 34 with an emphatic win over Lacy, Hopkins entered superstardom at 36 with his victory over Trinidad. Mundine has proved a lot already though, with big wins over Echols, Soliman, Green.

I think there's quite a few of us though that are waiting to see him in that one defining fight where he proves everything was justified. Obviously the Green fight didn't do it, but it was a major victory. Somehow you get the feeling that it might be around the corner? And it's frustrating to see him continually fight low level opponents right now in his prime. Regardless, you have to say that it's been an interesting ride so far.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Best of Mundine is yet to come. The Best from him may even come in the form of another loss lto someone like Kessler if they were to rematch.

Mundine is not a bum in the ring, he is one of the best around today.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Best of Mundine is yet to come. The Best from him may even come in the form of another loss lto someone like Kessler if they were to rematch.

and your basing that on what a win over green and solimon get real anyone half decent he has fought he has lost to and will continue to do so so detach your mouth from mundines **** please its sickening
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #9
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
and your basing that on what a win over green and solimon get real anyone half decent he has fought he has lost to and will continue to do so so detach your mouth from mundines **** please its sickening
I do actually recall you saying that Soliman would beat mundine and also making it clear that you considered Soliman decent world class opposition...

Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Marcus is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm
I do actually recall you saying that Soliman would beat mundine and also making it clear that you considered Soliman decent world class opposition...

not really cause i hold neither in high regard but nice try
jb1 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 11:30 PM   #12
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
I base my opinion on how he fights not only who he fights. Like Hmm said i do recall you putting all your birthday wishes into Sams performance because you thought he was going to win

Nice Try though
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #13
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

The only two guys I'm interested in seeing Mundine fight he can't beat. Calzaghe and Kessler, and for them to fight him would be a step backwards on their part.

I'm tired of him fighting tomato cans, he should be fighting better opposition wether he's staying busy or not. Till then- he's boring.
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 04:25 AM   #14
BoxingKangaroo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke

maybe true,but he would wanna hurry up if we havent seen the best of him yet, he isnt getting any younger
BoxingKangaroo is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2007, 05:17 AM   #15
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I hope he fights at least two of these guys next year

Bute, Inkin, Lacy, Joe, Kessler, Allan Green and Andrade.

Problem is he will fight 2 guys in the top 150 then a Soliman and Green rematch
ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum