Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: crackhouse
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 75
Default One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for debate

I just came up with these conclusion about their 3 fights, the rounds he won he always let pacquiao have his moments.

I was looking at all the scorecards posted here, there were disparities in scoring and I'm talking about those who have marquez as the winner including myself. I have round 10 for pac for example, another poster have round 10 for marquez but he have round 9 for pac and I had that round for marquez.

Marquez won his fights against pac but the way he won he always leave rounds that are there for the debate by letting pac have his moments. Not that he does that intentionally but thats how their style matches up with each other.

An example of total domination is something like this were you can't even have one round that you have to put an asterisk on because you think marquez did the better job and would be grasping for straws to say otherwise

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvPPKunjnAw[/ame]

note: I have marquez winning 7-5 or 8-4, I am just pointing out one of the possible factors he gets screwed. We had 3 pac-jmm fights already and all of them ends up the same way. The result leaves a bad taste for boxing fans, but its fights like these that makes us love boxing. Epic trilogies, put these in there with gatti-ward, mab-morales.

Never mind the result, I had it 2-0-1 for marquez in my book. I'm just saying this because I keep seeing some posters saying they are done with boxing because of this, black eye etc. they forget the positive side of things that this trilogy would be a big part of boxing history, good for boxing despite the result and would be discuss for future generations
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

This third bout was the clearest and easiest bout to score in the trilogy IMO. He did leave rounds open, but he also picked up the most dominant rounds. Pacquiao coming on strong in the last 10-20 seconds made it look like he won the rounds, when in truth, 2-3 clean shots should not overpower Marquez's effective work in certain rounds.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #3
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
This third bout was the clearest and easiest bout to score in the trilogy IMO. He did leave rounds open, but he also picked up the most dominant rounds. Pacquiao coming on strong in the last 10-20 seconds made it look like he won the rounds, when in truth, 2-3 clean shots should not overpower Marquez's effective work in certain rounds.
i have a post along the line of the OP. but what people need to understand is that jmm takes a vacation on certain rounds, whereas pac has a very consistent work rate.

the first 4 rounds, i had same result more or less with IB, the middle rounds went to jmm but round 10-12???

jmm was not as accurate as he was in the middle rounds but because of the momentum, people are still swayed as if he was doing as great a job as he was in the middle rounds. which is not true.

in any case, being a counter puncher, in spurts will not win a championship.

george foreman was right, jmm did enough to retain a title, not to take away a title.

last comment.

why did jmm not take the fight to pac in the first 4 rounds?
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: crackhouse
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 75
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
This third bout was the clearest and easiest bout to score in the trilogy IMO. He did leave rounds open, but he also picked up the most dominant rounds. Pacquiao coming on strong in the last 10-20 seconds made it look like he won the rounds, when in truth, 2-3 clean shots should not overpower Marquez's effective work in certain rounds.
I agree the rounds he clearly win were dominant the rounds with * for most posters scorecard if all those were given to pac, pac wins 7-5 or draw but you have to be reaching and bias to even do that
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #5
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahobilat View Post
i have a post along the line of the OP. but what people need to understand is that jmm takes a vacation on certain rounds, whereas pac has a very consistent work rate.

the first 4 rounds, i had same result more or less with IB, the middle rounds went to jmm but round 10-12???
Rounds 10-12 are the most decisive rounds in the scoring of this bout, 1 or 2 of those rounds can decide whether you had JMM winning, or Pacquiao winning. It's all subjective.

Quote:
jmm was not as accurate as he was in the middle rounds but because of the momentum, people are still swayed as if he was doing as great a job as he was in the middle rounds. which is not true.
Again, subjective really.

Quote:
in any case, being a counter puncher, in spurts will not win a championship.
If it is effective counter punching, then I disagree.

Quote:
george foreman was right, jmm did enough to retain a title, not to take away a title.
Being the champion has no bearing on anything. So a challenger has to work extra hard to rip the title from the champion? The champion should not be given advantages in that sense. He has won the title, it is a new bout, a new scenario. The challenger should not (essentially) go in to the bout 1 round down already.

Quote:
last comment.

why did jmm not take the fight to pac in the first 4 rounds?
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

try to watch round 10-12 again and see if jmm was able to snap pacs head as he did in the middle rounds.

i think no one disputes that the first 4 rounds were given mostly to pac because of activity except for a round or 2. thus, pac already banked in 3 rounds compared to jmm.

great that jmm was able to rally in the middle rounds and it would seem that pac played into jmms game, but effect, jmm whole face was puffy whereas pac got cut from a head butt.

jmm seemed to have gassed starting in the 10th. good that pac was still aggressive in the last 4 rounds.

i have no problem with jmm winning but to say this was a robbery is pretty dumb.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahobilat View Post
try to watch round 10-12 again and see if jmm was able to snap pacs head as he did in the middle rounds.

i think no one disputes that the first 4 rounds were given mostly to pac because of activity except for a round or 2. thus, pac already banked in 3 rounds compared to jmm.

great that jmm was able to rally in the middle rounds and it would seem that pac played into jmms game, but effect, jmm whole face was puffy whereas pac got cut from a head butt.

jmm seemed to have gassed starting in the 10th. good that pac was still aggressive in the last 4 rounds.

i have no problem with jmm winning but to say this was a robbery is pretty dumb.
I don't think it was a robbery, it was a close fight that I scored for Marquez. You gave Pacquiao the early rounds due to activity? I had it the opposite, I had Marquez up by 2 rounds by the 5th.

Like I said, it's all subjective, but I found this bout easier to score than the first two bouts.

I'll score it again in a few months, I did the same with the first two bouts. I've always had the first bout a draw, I believe. I did have Marquez winning the second bout by a point or two, but then I scored it a few months later...and that again turned in to a draw. I hope my rescoring in a few months doesn't turn in to a draw, I will have to rethink how I score bouts otherwise.

What it does say though, is that this trilogy was a very, very, close, competitively fought out one.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
Powerman55
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 1000
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahobilat View Post
i have a post along the line of the OP. but what people need to understand is that jmm takes a vacation on certain rounds, whereas pac has a very consistent work rate.

the first 4 rounds, i had same result more or less with IB, the middle rounds went to jmm but round 10-12???

jmm was not as accurate as he was in the middle rounds but because of the momentum, people are still swayed as if he was doing as great a job as he was in the middle rounds. which is not true.

in any case, being a counter puncher, in spurts will not win a championship.

george foreman was right, jmm did enough to retain a title, not to take away a title.

last comment.

why did jmm not take the fight to pac in the first 4 rounds?
YES YES YES YES:

in any case, being a counter puncher, in spurts will not win a championship.
Powerman55 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #9
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: crackhouse
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 75
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahobilat View Post
the middle rounds went to jmm

jmm was not as accurate as he was in the middle rounds but because of the momentum, people are still swayed as if he was doing as great a job as he was in the middle rounds. which is not true.
are you saying pac should get the middle rounds?
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #10
peakbay
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: not sure
Posts: 510
vCash: 720
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

people need to score a 3 min round for what it is a "3 min round" just because commentators say those last 10 seconds caught the judge's eye doesn't matter its wrong 1 or 2 punches at the end of rounds doesn't mean shit if you got your ass kicked for 2:50 of that round

only retards score fights like that
peakbay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #11
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

We should rely on the judges because they were not influenced by any commentators unlike those of us who watched on TV. The decision is already there and it's final.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #12
MarioBrothers
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: crackhouse
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 75
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakbay View Post
people need to score a 3 min round for what it is a "3 min round" just because commentators say those last 10 seconds caught the judge's eye doesn't matter its wrong 1 or 2 punches at the end of rounds doesn't mean shit if you got your ass kicked for 2:50 of that round

only retards score fights like that
which round was that?
MarioBrothers is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #13
twofear
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 973
vCash: 75
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

after re watching the fight i had it

1- draw
2-marquez
3-pac
4-marquez
5-marquez
6-pac
7-marquez
8-marquez
9-pac
10-pac
11-pac
12-pac

115-114 pac

i just find it hard to reward the counter puncher when he is receiving as much damage as he is giving
twofear is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBrothers View Post
are you saying pac should get the middle rounds?
no, what i am saying is that jmm had his best moments in the middle rounds wherein he snapped pacs head several highlight reel times.

but starting round 9-12, he was not hitting pac as clearly and effectively as the middle rounds.

1-4 jmm was pre-prime.
5-8 jmm was prime.
9-12 jmm was past prime.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakbay View Post
people need to score a 3 min round for what it is a "3 min round" just because commentators say those last 10 seconds caught the judge's eye doesn't matter its wrong 1 or 2 punches at the end of rounds doesn't mean shit if you got your ass kicked for 2:50 of that round

only retards score fights like that
was pac's ass getting kicked for 2.5 minutes in any round? what round was it?
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013