Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #1
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Arum issued a statement recently (sorry no link, but I have read it) stating they are happy with random unlimited drug testing. (why they couldn’t do this the first time I don’t know, but nether mind)

Seeing as that was the major stumbling block the first time round, no reason this fight cant be made now.

Both fighters are free to sign to fight the other so lets get it on.

Which side will open up negotiations first? I reckon neither will.

Thoughts?
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
gatorbama
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Bob Arum has other plans. He feels he needs to make this right with the Mexicans. The End
gatorbama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #3
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Id like to see either side take the bulls by the horn.

Floyd wanted random testing, Manny has agreed. Golden Boy or Top Rank needs to SEND OVER A CONTRACT!!
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
MrWonderful
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Id like to see either side take the bulls by the horn.

Floyd wanted random testing, Manny has agreed. Golden Boy or Top Rank needs to SEND OVER A CONTRACT!!

Manny has agreed in interviews.

He never agreed in negotiations.

Big difference.

Easy to agree stuff on TV.
MrWonderful is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

arum will play this line for a week or two pretending he wants that fight, then out of nowhere sign pac - bradley

the 4th marquez fight talk is a smoke screen to keep the whole bradley thing out of the light
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
MrWonderful
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

By the way, I'm not 100% sure Arum is neccesarily going to want to risk Manny with Mayweather anymore.

You know, Marquez is nowhere near Mayweather's class at 140+. Not even in the same league.
MrWonderful is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #7
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWonderful View Post
Manny has agreed in interviews.

He never agreed in negotiations.

Big difference.

Easy to agree stuff on TV.
I agree 100%. Thats why id like to see Mayweather call their bluff.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
Dunk87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

I disagree, this is exactly the reason why the fight will never happen now.
Dunk87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk87 View Post
I disagree, this is exactly the reason why the fight will never happen now.
Explain??
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #10
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,643
vCash: 488
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Bob Arum knows Mayweather would counter 7 bells of shit out of Manny that's why he wants to protect his cash cow so there's no chance this fight will happen aslong as Manny is promoted by Bob Arum.
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #11
Dunk87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Bob Arum knows Mayweather would counter 7 bells of shit out of Manny that's why he wants to protect his cash cow so there's no chance this fight will happen aslong as Manny is promoted by Bob Arum.
This. Manny might want the fight, Arum doesn't. As much of a c*nt as he is, he is a smart man. He will never put Manny in a ring with him, until the time comes when the money starts drying up. Then they will say Pac was shot when he looses... this excuse has already started to float about.
Dunk87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Richel Hersisia
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 1360
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Pac won't fight for too much long. this weekend he looked like an almost retired fighter already. He don't see to enjoy it anymore, he hardly smiled. Which he always did especially during ring walks etc... I think Pac Floyd comes at the perfect time now. It's the way to cash out. If it's somehow close, there will be a rematch too. And otherwise he will probably end with a 4th JMM or Morales fight and call it a day.
Richel Hersisia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Bob Arum knows Mayweather would counter 7 bells of shit out of Manny that's why he wants to protect his cash cow so there's no chance this fight will happen aslong as Manny is promoted by Bob Arum.

the only reason why i think it has a .01% chance of happening is if arum gets the feel that pac will start being bitchy and become like oscar, he may just take the final payday from him for fear of pac laying a major egg against a lesser foe and completely ruing the chance for the fight

basically, cash him out early before he devalues himself further
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #14
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,661
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Pac v Floyd – no reason for Floyd to bother now.

Floyd doesn't need the money, and Pac's been exposed as the over-hyped, protected, racoon-faced pretender that he is.

Who really cares anymore?
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #15
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 1534
Default Re: Pac v Floyd – no reason this cant be made now.

Id still like to see Golden Boy & Mayweather promotions pushing for the fight... No reason not to.

Its still a massive fight, even if Manny has been exposed.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013