Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Azania
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Manny needs to man up - Publicly admit defeat

Manny needs to man up and admit he lost that fight..publicly admit the defeat and challenge marquez for the decider..trust me,his stock will be much better for it..offer him $10m..marquez ain't passin' up that kind of cash..a public admission will go a long way to negating what happened last Saturday..his body language said it all after the final bell..even in celebration,he was slightly subdued..knowing in his gut he lost that fight.

He lost that fight..not by much..but he still lost it..For whatever reason..Manny simply did'nt have that explosive intensity that he always has..Did it in spurts in the later rounds..but still allowed Marquez to close the exchanges..I hear Roach said something about cramps in the 4th..not sure about that..His output was nowhere near his standards..maybe he's just getting old..we know speed/intensity is the first thing to go with all these athletic types..just ask Tyson and Roy Jones.

Marquez..for his part..cleverly realized he did'nt have the legs to match manny anymore..and decided to play the counterpuncher..which he's very good at..even at this age..Used his strong upper body physique for his shots every time he countered..Made manny come to him..made him miss with a lot of his shots..and countered..Was even prepared to take some shots to counter with a lot more punches..

I wonder if Floyd will want to try his luck now..We'll see.
Azania is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Dunk87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny needs to man up - Publicly admit defeat

I actually think this would be the best thing Pac could do right now. I think it would actually gain him back the respect he lost with that decision.
Dunk87 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Powerman55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azania View Post
Manny needs to man up and admit he lost that fight..publicly admit the defeat and challenge marquez for the decider..trust me,his stock will be much better for it..offer him $10m..marquez ain't passin' up that kind of cash..a public admission will go a long way to negating what happened last Saturday..his body language said it all after the final bell..even in celebration,he was slightly subdued..knowing in his gut he lost that fight.

He lost that fight..not by much..but he still lost it..For whatever reason..Manny simply did'nt have that explosive intensity that he always has..Did it in spurts in the later rounds..but still allowed Marquez to close the exchanges..I hear Roach said something about cramps in the 4th..not sure about that..His output was nowhere near his standards..maybe he's just getting old..we know speed/intensity is the first thing to go with all these athletic types..just ask Tyson and Roy Jones.

Marquez..for his part..cleverly realized he did'nt have the legs to match manny anymore..and decided to play the counterpuncher..which he's very good at..even at this age..Used his strong upper body physique for his shots every time he countered..Made manny come to him..made him miss with a lot of his shots..and countered..Was even prepared to take some shots to counter with a lot more punches..

I wonder if Floyd will want to try his luck now..We'll see.

He didn't get defeated. He won. He looked human doing it though.
And Marquez blew it. Didn't he learn from the other matches – it's very very difficult to win fights purely countering! unless you land more than your opponent which he DID NOT.

Please watch the fight without expecting Pac to pull off a miracle and you'll see it VERY differently.
Powerman55 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
TitoMahawk
Retarded trolls detector
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 492

Little Internet ***** asking elite fighter to man up...
TitoMahawk is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
gob-bluth
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Why would he do that, no one does that

you get a dodgy decision you take it and you keep stum dont question it
gob-bluth is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pathetic cry baby thread.
Get over it, Mar*****z!!!
davebenoit is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac threw more punches.
Marquez counterpunched with so little.
That's the story.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Azania
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunk87 View Post
I actually think this would be the best thing Pac could do right now. I think it would actually gain him back the respect he lost with that decision.
That's what I figured..If he comes out..calls a press conference..and admits he lost that fight..goes on to challenge JMM for the decider..his stock goes up..A lot of folks will warm up to the humility and will route for him to KO JMM next time..or at least to beat him..as it is now,he's the house fighter who got gifted a decision he did'nt win..

Never bought into the KOing JMM story..never thought he ccould do that..and I see no reason to think he can do in the 4th fight.

that said..something was off with Manny on Saturday..the buzzsaw we so used to ssing so many times simply was'nt there..great as marquez was,Manny was not the same..There were some flashes towards the end..but something was off..Hope they can fix it.
Azania is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #9
smoovemann
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Marq got robbed again, it was a close fight , so who else are the judges going to pic for a victory
smoovemann is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

he doesn't need to do that. the fight was close and even if most thinks jmm should have edged it, the official judges scored the close rounds for him. what he needs to do is to gather himself up. decide if boxing is still in his best ineterest or retire and just concentrate on politics if not. if he still wants to fight, then challenge marquez one more time or better yet, secure the floyd fight.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
prelude
Champion
East Side Guru

More like Marquez need to man up and take his defeat. He's been chasing the fight for years taunting PAC left and right and what does he do....back up all night to counter and leave it in the hands of the judges. Marquez robbed himself.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #12
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

No need for Manny to admit anything....His body language after the last bell rang said it all
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #13
luy32
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
More like Marquez need to man up and take his defeat. He's been chasing the fight for years taunting PAC left and right and what does he do....back up all night to counter and leave it in the hands of the judges. Marquez robbed himself.
this...
luy32 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
No need for Manny to admit anything....His body language after the last bell rang said it all
His body language is more of frustration for not living up to expectation of knocking out Marquez who refused to come forward and fight like a real challenger. No need for him to raise his hands because it was the judges who will decide the winner.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
dilayro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am huge Manny fan and I support this. He won this fight on paper but in the heart of true boxing fans he lost.
dilayro is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum