Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #16
dilayro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Manny needs to man up - Publicly admit defeat

I am huge Manny fan and I support this. He won this fight on paper but in the heart of true boxing fans he lost.
dilayro is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #17
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

No he doesnt. Marquez won, but Manny is a fighter and should feel he won.
Peppermint is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #18
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

The mere fact that he didn't smile after the fight and his body language showed that he loss that one.
Anima is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #19
Azania
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
More like Marquez need to man up and take his defeat. He's been chasing the fight for years taunting PAC left and right and what does he do....back up all night to counter and leave it in the hands of the judges. Marquez robbed himself.
Think what you like dude..what I saw was JMM fighting off the backfoot..making Manny miss and hit him cleanly and effectively in the return..that's what counterfighting is about..There are many different styles to fight in the ring..not everybody needs to go balls to the wall to win a fight..effective counter-punching can do the trick just as good..

Manny should have tested those aging legs of JMMs early..by not letting him rest..basically launch at him at every turn..but he could'nt for some reason..

His only way to beat Marquez..was speed in combinations..which he did in the two previous fights...esp the 1st fight..and power..and he was missing a lot with those..

I'll say it again..Manny was'nt the same fighter on Saturday..the intensity of those attacks was not the same..the feet were not what they used to be..Not sure what happened.
Azania is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 156

How many boxers admit they lost in close fights ?
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #21
Bodyshot99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 235

this is why it is hard for to look at this fights like this with enjoyment, because of the stain.

people blame manny and not the judges. If the fight is that bad, why don't the commision do for this fight what they did for williams-lara and bring in the judges to explain their scoring if this fight was that bad of a robbery

don't ask manny to do anything you won't do, maybe he should come forward and admit deafeat, but what after that?

this ALWAYS happens in close fights, the winner is the loser, and the loser is the winner
Bodyshot99 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #22
Thomas!!

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoMahawk View Post
Little Internet bitch asking elite fighter to man up...

Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #23
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azania View Post
Think what you like dude..what I saw was JMM fighting off the backfoot..making Manny miss and hit him cleanly and effectively in the return..that's what counterfighting is about..There are many different styles to fight in the ring..not everybody needs to go balls to the wall to win a fight..effective counter-punching can do the trick just as good..

Manny should have tested those aging legs of JMMs early..by not letting him rest..basically launch at him at every turn..but he could'nt for some reason..

His only way to beat Marquez..was speed in combinations..which he did in the two previous fights...esp the 1st fight..and power..and he was missing a lot with those..

I'll say it again..Manny was'nt the same fighter on Saturday..the intensity of those attacks was not the same..the feet were not what they used to be..Not sure what happened.
He's been taunting PAC for years for a rematch and when he gets his chance all he does is fight PAC that way. Sure that's his style but he didn't take the chance and when you don't take chance you shouldn't complain if you didn't win. What happened to the I will die in the ring if I have too . You can make a case for him winning with his beautiful counter punching fighting off the backfoot but don't cry if the judges doesn't score for you.
prelude is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
moulicules
Chessmaster
ESB Full Member

MANNY CLEARLY WON THE FIGHT IMPRESSIVELY 7-5 rounds, 115-113!
moulicules is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #25
Azania
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
He's been taunting PAC for years for a rematch and when he gets his chance all he does is fight PAC that way. Sure that's his style but he didn't take the chance and when you don't take chance you shouldn't complain if you didn't win. What happened to the I will die in the ring if I have too . You can make a case for him winning with his beautiful counter punching fighting off the backfoot but don't cry if the judges doesn't score for you.
The question then becomes..what fight were the judges watching?..Surely not the one I was watching..Can't be.

Lots of fighters down the line won multititles counter-punching..James Toney,Sweet Pea..I could go on..JMM did that and should have had his day in the sun..He deserved it.
Azania is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #26
Grillinnap
Flomos are morons
ESB Addict

vCash: 18446744073709551554

I wish he'd do that. Maybe he will eventually.

Maybe he's reaction at the end kf the fight was a mixture of thinking he lost and disappointment because he didn't get the KO. Pac really had the wrong gameplan. Pac HAS improved his boxing skills, but it only works against certain types of styles. He was trying to outbox Marquez and it was a terrible idea. Marquez would have had a much harder time had Pac just fought the way he did in the 2nd fight.

Oh and let's not forget Marquez not keeping his promise that he was going for the KO, either. Dude was there to box.
Grillinnap is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #27
Azania
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
I wish he'd do that. Maybe he will eventually.

Maybe he's reaction at the end kf the fight was a mixture of thinking he lost and disappointment because he didn't get the KO. Pac really had the wrong gameplan. Pac HAS improved his boxing skills, but it only works against certain types of styles. He was trying to outbox Marquez and it was a terrible idea. Marquez would have had a much harder time had Pac just fought the way he did in the 2nd fight.

Oh and let's not forget Marquez not keeping his promise that he was going for the KO, either. Dude was there to box.
Yup..very clever of Marquez to talk about a KO..bulking up and all that..and on fight night does what he was always best at..counterpunching beautifully all the way..slowed down at the end..but Manny could'nt capitalize IMO.
Azania is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Huh?

JMM went for it many times. He landed at least 5 or 6 FERROCIOUS blows to Manny's head, and they weren't counterpunches.

The only reason Manny didn't go down is because his head is 90% skull and only 10% brains.
In boxing, it pays to be stupid.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #29
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post
Huh?

JMM went for it many times. He landed at least 5 or 6 FERROCIOUS blows to Manny's head, and they weren't counterpunches.

The only reason Manny didn't go down is because his head is 90% skull and only 10% brains.
In boxing, it pays to be stupid.
so if pacquiao is just one stupid boxer, then jmm's 3 close fights with pacquiao should have no merit since he arguably beat a stupid boxer with only 10% brain?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #30
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azania View Post
The question then becomes..what fight were the judges watching?..Surely not the one I was watching..Can't be.

Lots of fighters down the line won multititles counter-punching..James Toney,Sweet Pea..I could go on..JMM did that and should have had his day in the sun..He deserved it.
They were watching the fight I was watching .
prelude is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum