Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272
Default Is this the most Extreme reaction to a close fight you've ever seen?

Seriously, it was a very close fight that you could score either way. Manny Landed and threw more. Marquex landed more cleaner shots.

Seriously,it could have gone either way.

Has any other "Close Fight" caused this many insane shouts of robbery before?

Leonard Hagler? Any Others?
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
TitoMahawk
Retarded trolls detector
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 492
Default Re: Is this the most Extreme reaction to a close fight you've ever seen?

Yes. This one may be the top.
TitoMahawk is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272
Default Re: Is this the most Extreme reaction to a close fight you've ever seen?

hopkins calsazghe is another one. You could probably throw floyd castillo one in there too.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think people are just shocked with how well Marquez did (don't know why when the guy had fought even for 24 rounds) and that's played a part in all this hysteria.

Last edited by slip&counter; 11-14-2011 at 11:07 AM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Some of the scorecards have been pretty ridiculous but I just can't see how you can call this one for Manny. I had it close but clear 7-5 in favour of Marquez
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
Azania
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hagler-SRL comes to mind..JMM should have been the winner on Saturday..Same way I think SRL won that fight against Hagler..but that's for another day.
Azania is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I think a lot of the punches that was counted as landed for Manny didn't actually land. Watching the fight, JMM made Manny miss A LOT. And when he missed, JMM would come back with combinations to the body. He was landing his left hook to the body at will as well. As soon as the first scorecard was read and annouced a Draw, I knew something fishy was gonna go down. Poor JMM. He was robbed blind. All that hardwork put in, including out fighting Manny in the ring, and he gets the W taken away from him.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

It was not a close fight. 3 KDs would've made it close and the weekend outrage would've been overblown. If however you win 8 rounds and not suffer a knockdown to get robbed, outrage is justified.

Now stop making your zillion threads on the subject, everybody knows JMM was better - everybody but a few of you.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
shimmy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If you truly believe it was a close fight, then yes maybe. But a lot of people think it was NOT a close fight, that JMM won 8 clear rounds, so for those(the majority) if you read the polls, the outrage is justified. And I concur.
shimmy is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
If you truly believe it was a close fight, then yes maybe. But a lot of people think it was NOT a close fight, that JMM won 8 clear rounds, so for those(the majority) if you read the polls, the outrage is justified. And I concur.
those who gave marquez "8 or 7 clear rounds" are giving marquez rounds because he was not dominated. the reality is that most of the rounds are close.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
Seriously, it was a very close fight that you could score either way. Manny Landed and threw more. Marquex landed more cleaner shots.

Seriously,it could have gone either way.

Has any other "Close Fight" caused this many insane shouts of robbery before?

Leonard Hagler? Any Others?
Undoubtedly. The reaction to this fight has been hysterical, purely because the crowd were extremely pro-Marquez and because everyone expected Pac to win easily. A hysterical overreaction has been the result.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #12
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

Absolutely.

I said a number of times its because of the extremely high standards Pac has set, and expectations were very high, so any good shots Marquez landed were magnified. The very fact that it was a close fight is seen as a loss for Manny, particularly from joyboys.
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #13
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

This fight wasn't even particularly close, lets be ****ing honest.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Lara - Williams is certainly up there, but not as high profile.

Ali - Norton, Agbeko - Mares, Lewis - Klitchko all come to mind.

But this one bugs me personally like no other in history. It really changes everything, even my opinion of Lamply & Lederman, whom I used to respect.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #15
EnterTheDragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
This fight wasn't even particularly close, lets be ****ing honest.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you're claiming that Marquez landed all night, and Manny missed all night, then why do both guys look the way they do? For all of Manny's missed winging punches, he was remarkably consistent in puffing up both eyes and adding a blood mouse.
EnterTheDragon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum